ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 adding FSU?

it would be a killer move if the BIG could convince nw to join the ivy then replace them with nd...

then add 5 acc schools....nc, clemson, fsu, smu and miami...

then add houston...

that would be 24 teams from ny to la and washington to miami, with a definite recruiting footprint better then the rust belt.

hey it's the offseason...

The move to the BIG has been in the making well before the CFP snub. Started before the season began

Can’t wait for a 64 team conference with 8 , 8 team divisions. Every team will end up coming full circle playing regional opponents.
The financial situation is an obstacle to that vision. The B1G and SEC schools are unlikely to want to give up their huge current financial advantage over all the other schools.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Why? FSU AND Notre Dame are the way to wrap it up
Yep. Big 20.
Big Ten Division
All those old boring teams who will no longer have to play anyone but themselves (and Iowa State).
National Ten Division
FSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA.

No crossovers, just a title game after a division round-robin. Then settle in for the playoffs.

The financial situation is an obstacle to that vision. The B1G and SEC schools are unlikely to want to give up their huge current financial advantage over all the other schools.
You’re right. But it’s pretty ridiculous what 10 teams in each of those conferences will have fan bases that expect to win 10 games a year.

it would be a killer move if the BIG could convince nw to join the ivy then replace them with nd...

then add 5 acc schools....nc, clemson, fsu, smu and miami...

then add houston...

that would be 24 teams from ny to la and washington to miami, with a definite recruiting footprint better then the rust belt.

hey it's the offseason...
NW will never be Ivy League.

Not happening. FSU is not a member of the AAU.

At least UN was when they were admitted. I'm surprised the Big Ten didn't give Nebraska the boot when the AAU did.
i think folks are past the AAU thing now. 10 years ago...it mattered. today, not so much.

edit: i say that based only on my opinion which is negatively biased towards AAU. looking at facts, the new B1G with 4 west coast teams, 17 of the 18 are AAU members. maybe it does matter.

but---if Alabama/Georgia wanted to jump conferences to B1G, would B1G shun them because of no AAU? I dont think so.

Last edited:
Other than FSU being mad about the playoff snub, has anything changed in the past year? They were ranting and raving a year ago but were stuck contractually in the ACC as was Clemson.

Other than FSU being mad about the playoff snub, has anything changed in the past year? They were ranting and raving a year ago but were stuck contractually in the ACC as was Clemson.
Te willingness to just eat the contract money if necessary grows. It's possible the ACC will just fold and the institutions will agree to nullify the contract. ESPN is party to the contract and could see far more $$$ working with an expanded Big 10 and SEC.

Reactions: BleedRed78

I see it as a possibility as long as this group gives their stamp of approval.

220px-Fox_Sports_logo1.svg.png

Reactions: king_kong_
i think folks are past the AAU thing now. 10 years ago...it mattered. today, not so much.
It matters if you're trying to get into the Big Ten.

Rutgers, Maryland, UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington - all AAU members.

At least Nebraska is trying to get back into the AAU - according to former Chancelor Ted Carter.

It matters if you're trying to get into the Big Ten.

Rutgers, Maryland, UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington - all AAU members.

At least Nebraska is trying to get back into the AAU - according to former Chancelor Ted Carter.
As I recall it was Michigan that was the key vote to kick us out of the AAU. And the powers that be refused to recognize the Omaha medical research as part of the University system.

false. it will be three. the b12 will add pitt, nc state, louisville, and the like. three 20-team or more super conferences all buying players in an nfl light model and acting otherwise.
Add all they want but it's about the huge TV markets-MONEY and why is that so hard for some to understand. The B!G will control 53% of all CF TV markets in 2024 - by itself - NYC, Los Angelas, Chicago, Seattle, Philly, D,C,. Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis and on and on. I know I'm missing a few

The Big 12 can add all they want but if no one is watching........ TOAST. It's not that hard. Where do you think that $90 to 100 million B1G payout to each team in 2024 and 2025 is coming from?

Add all they want but it's about the huge TV markets-MONEY and why is that so hard for some to understand. The B!G will control 53% of all CF TV markets in 2024 - by itself - NYC, Los Angelas, Chicago, Seattle, Philly, D,C,. Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis and on and on. I know I'm missing a few

The Big 12 can add all they want but if no one is watching........ TOAST. It's not that hard. Where do you think that $90 to 100 million B1G payout to each team in 2024 and 2025 is coming from?
that's absolute bullshit. last year's tcu/k-state b12 championship vastly outdrew this year's with texas. it also outdrew all the other conference championships on a look in basis. it's about the quality of game as well as the schools at play.

Reactions: 250vertical
Not happening. FSU is not a member of the AAU.

At least UN was when they were admitted. I'm surprised the Big Ten didn't give Nebraska the boot when the AAU did.
Your mindset is what is wrong with the morally corrupt BIG. You say you surprised NU didn't get the boot because of AAU. Although NU is one of the very few universities that is NOT affiliated with Pedophilia, sexual related scandals, racism, or hazing scandals or cheating in the BIG. How much has Iowa paid out for racist lawsuits? It's a cesspool in the BIG.

that's absolute bullshit. last year's tcu/k-state b12 championship vastly outdrew this year's with texas. it also outdrew all the other conference championships on a look in basis. it's about the quality of game as well as the schools at play.
TV markets as a whole......including during the regular season. It's not that complicated. Again, 53% control by one conference. You're using one example. DUH?

No matter how loud you scream it, the Big 12 will be nothing more than a glorified G5 league from here on out.

Last edited:
Yep. Big 20.
Big Ten Division
All those old boring teams who will no longer have to play anyone but themselves (and Iowa State).
National Ten Division
FSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA.

No crossovers, just a title game after a division round-robin. Then settle in for the playoffs.
Yup, that's it... all of those "old boring teams" continue to beat Nebraska's ass on a regular basis.

Reactions: Bertimos and 9and4
Why Heavens to Murgatroyd!!! Why must the foul Philistines on this board be so testy and contentious???

Did I do that right, Miss Manners?

It didn’t even outdraw Mich-Purdue despite the bigten game being in the same time slot as another P5 conf championship game

champweekcfb.png

could we call our 8 team division the big 8?
maybe we could start playing teams like Kstate, mizzery, the Oklahomas and Colorado? Il admit, I miss the old days and the hatred of mizzery and CU, a lot would change if we ever start winning again but I just don’t get up for Illinois and the purdues of the B10

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT