ADVERTISEMENT

Best show of all time

Breaking Bad and the Wire 1/1a
GOTs, sopranos next in line
Succession ( if they close well Sunday night and if they had a Fifth year could have pushed-to be included.

Mad Men in the next group with Better Call Saul.

True Detective could make up some serious ground if season four blows up - still gotta make up for season 2

Sit Coms
Seinfeld well clear of number two.

The Office had a chance till it went off the rails.
Cheers pretty high up there for me

in no particular order as they pop into my brain…

Miami Vice
Sanford and Son
Cheers
X-Files
Married with Children
Quantum Leap
The Andy Griffith Show
I Love Lucy

Reactions: Badger Pete
King of Queens
Jerry Stiller is an absolute LEGEND!!!

Complaining Jerry Stiller GIF

Didn't like Dallas a lot but was semi-forced to watch it with my wife. Whole shows revolved around different characters plotting revenge on J.R. Ewing. They would be spinning webs, then at the end it turned out he was two steps ahead of them the whole time plotting his own revenge.
It would end with a cowboy hat wearing Ewing looking out the window of his high rise office, evil laughing with a coke and whiskey in his hand.
Also had that attractive redhead. Think she was married to his brother.
Victoria Principal. She overvalued he worth as an actress and quit the show so they killed her off. After not finding employment elsewhere she came back and they had to juggle the plot like everybody dreamed she had died.....bogus.

The Twilight Zone
Nice entry. I wouldn't have thought of that. Not because I disagree but because it isn't a series but individual shows with different actors.
Best episode?
Its a good life, starring Bill Mumy. He, along with Angela Cartwright were in every thing produced in the 60's. She also did Twilight episodes. (I sing The Body Electric)They would work together in Lost In Space. She became iconic as Brigitta Von Trap.
She was a good creepy kid. Despite this she was a charming girl and talented actress.

Last edited:
The Office
Scrubs (first 5 seasons or so)
Arrested Development
All In The Family
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (first 6 seasons or so)

Deadwood
Peaky Blinders
Better Call Saul
Rome
Dexter (first 4 seasons)
Yellowstone
Vikings
Breaking Bad
Fargo (seasons 1 & 2)
Ozark (lost interest when Covid hit, had time wait too long for next season)
Lost (writers guild strike delayed the next season so again, lost interest)

Never seen Band of Brothers, Sapranos, or Game of Thrones so I'm sure those would be on my list too.

Last edited:
The Office
Scrubs (first 5 seasons or so)
Arrested Development
All In The Family
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (first 6 seasons or so)
Deadwood

Rome
Dexter (first 4 seasons)
Yellowstone
Vikings
Breaking Bad
Fargo (seasons 1 & 2)
Ozark (lost interest when Covid hit, had time wait too long for next season)
Lost (writers guild strike delayed the next season so again, lost interest)

Never seen Band of Brothers, Sapranos, or Game of Thrones so I'm sure those would be on my list too.
Yellowstone sucks

The Murders At White House Farm on HBO Max…this is more a mini-series and probably not a “best of all time”…but if this thread is intended for good content that people want to watch, give that one a gander

Shameless
Veep
Succession
Eastbound and Down
Banshee
Fargo 2014
Twin Peaks 1990
Narcos 2015
Fleabag
House of Cards
Making a Murderer
Six Feet Under

West World - first couple seasons are sooo good they made me question reality

Breaking Bad - never missed a Sunday night

GoT - great show albeit very violent

Me Robot- started off stellar, kind of lost me as it went on

Comedy

Office - amazing but really struggled post Michael Scott

Seinfeld - yep

I keep circling back to Seinfeld. Bored on a weekend in January, turn on Seinfeld. Not feeling good but can't sleep, Seinfeld hits the spot. I know 65 year olds who watch Seinfeld regularly and I have a 16 year old who loves it.

Last edited:
This was such a bizarre piece of absurdist comedy. I'm surprised it made it to network tv. Charlie Kaufman and Bob Odenkirk wrote for it. I would say it was ahead of its time, but there's nothing like it on tv now.
It was in the early days of the Fox Network and it was pretty much anything goes back then as they were trying to fill their schedule. Sunday nights were a blast but alas times like that often prove to be ephemeral.

Reactions: Long Time Lurker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT