American Dad
South Park
Nathan for You

I'm sure there are others.

Seinfeld
Hogan's Heroes
Sapranos
NCIS (seasons 1-9)
Andy Griffith Show (black & white seasons)
Are You Being Served (old British sitcom)

Name it

I’ll go with Breaking Bad.

The amount of precision Vince Gilligan had with this show is unreal. He kept it going with Better Call Saul.

Game of Thrones is in close contention. As bad as the last season was, Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter were the best 2 hours of film I’ve ever experienced.

Sopranos is deserving of this list, and has the best ending to a show ever.

Go go go!
I don’t watch a lot of t.v., but one show that hooked me pretty good was House. I liked that cynical smart-ass doctor.

Banacek? There is no way someone can come up with an out of left field entry that would top that. Sure you don't want to add 'Hello Larry'?
edit: Had to look it up. Banacek ran for a whole two seasons but only a mere total of 17 episodes. Was going to run a 3rd but everyone involved became disinterested. George Peppard didn't want to earn any more money as he was going through a divorce and didn't want to fund his wife's greed. It also starred people who didn't go on to be famous for anything else. Its like the the entire thing just vanished.

The correct answer is: Bluebloods
Everyone stays in character. The conflicts are let to happen without taking woke sides.
If you get COZI they are playing one episode every Saturday. Banacek was part of the ABC Mystery Movie series so one week would be Banacek, next week Columbo, next week McCloud, and next week McMillan and Wife. That's why so few episodes. The show followed a formula. Banacek would be driven around in his stretch limo, drive around in his classic Packard convertible, sit around in his Boston mansion surrounded by antiques, win a fight, and bed a hot looking woman who started the show as a ball-busting feminist, but eventually became putty in his hands. All the while he solved an impossible-to-solve theft. Not much to not like there.

Reactions: dsmalls3
The West Wing

Frasier

NCIS Los Angeles

Taxi

Culturally...I can remember in the 80s when Miami Vice was an "event" every week

Last edited:
Band of Brothers / the Pacific and the Yellowstone series a standard deviation above for dramas here

Frazier and Arrested Development for funsies

My favorites currently...

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Vice Principals
Righteous Gemstones
American Dad
South Park
Nathan for You

I'm sure there are others.

A lot of common ground for me

I’d rank comedies like…

1. Seinfeld is the most consistently funny
2. The Office at its peak is the best IMO, but the later seasons aren’t as good comparatively to Seinfeld
3. Parks & Rec is kind of the office 2.0, but the character development is great and still has hilarious moments
4. Always Sunny
5. Arrested Development seasons 1-2

- I love Nathan for You but can only watch a couple episodes at a time before I feel like I hit my sheer absurdity limit

Non comedies…

Season 1 of Westworld was probably my favorite TV ever. Got pretty weird in subsequent seasons but I still enjoyed it. Not everyone’s cup of tea though.

Reactions: Jaemekon
OMG, how could I have forgotten to put Dallas on my list?

JR: Daddy, no matter how hard we dig we can't find anything on the man, he is clean as a whistle. The only way he will have skeletons in is closet is if I put some there.

Jock: Yeah, whatever, do what you have to do but I want that man out of office by the end of the month!
Didn't like Dallas a lot but was semi-forced to watch it with my wife. Whole shows revolved around different characters plotting revenge on J.R. Ewing. They would be spinning webs, then at the end it turned out he was two steps ahead of them the whole time plotting his own revenge.
It would end with a cowboy hat wearing Ewing looking out the window of his high rise office, evil laughing with a coke and whiskey in his hand.
Also had that attractive redhead. Think she was married to his brother.

Name it

I’ll go with Breaking Bad.

The amount of precision Vince Gilligan had with this show is unreal. He kept it going with Better Call Saul.

Game of Thrones is in close contention. As bad as the last season was, Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter were the best 2 hours of film I’ve ever experienced.

Sopranos is deserving of this list, and has the best ending to a show ever.

Go go go!
I agree with you almost in entirety. BB is the GOAT. GOT is in my top 2 or 3. Sopranos is up there. I think Better Call Saul would make my top 5. Gilligan is a master at TV making. Best comedy? Seinfeld.

Reactions: dsmalls3
Game of Thrones, Westworld, and Dexter are all removed from consideration as they got REALLY shitty at some point. Can't recommend a show to people and just tell them to never watch past seasons X.

Breaking Bad is great. I've heard Sopranos is maybe as good as it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT