ADVERTISEMENT

Best show of all time

dsmalls3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017
Name it

I’ll go with Breaking Bad.

The amount of precision Vince Gilligan had with this show is unreal. He kept it going with Better Call Saul.

Game of Thrones is in close contention. As bad as the last season was, Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter were the best 2 hours of film I’ve ever experienced.

Sopranos is deserving of this list, and has the best ending to a show ever.

Go go go!

Name it

The amount of precision Vince Gilligan had with this show is unreal. He kept it going with Better Call Saul.

Game of Thrones is in close contention. As bad as the last season was, Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter were the best 2 hours of film I’ve ever experienced.

Go go go!
I agree with literally all of this. Only addition I would make is Peaky Blinders.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsmalls3
Breaking Bad got bad in that last season.

Dallas is probably the all time greatest show just in terms of JR Ewing being one of the most hated/loved characters in TV history.

Friday Night Lights was amazing except for that second season.

Some shows stand the test of time better than the others...I tried watching MASH recently...it was my #1 since forever...but it doesnt do anything for me now. On the other hand...shows like Cheers, Seinfield..."Rule's" that Pelini answered with, and Two amd a Half Men..with Sheen, of course!!! Are all still great.

Breaking Bad got bad in that last season.

Dallas is probably the all time greatest show just in terms of JR Ewing being one of the most hated/loved characters in TV history.

Friday Night Lights was amazing except for that second season.
OMG, how could I have forgotten to put Dallas on my list?

JR: Daddy, no matter how hard we dig we can't find anything on the man, he is clean as a whistle. The only way he will have skeletons in is closet is if I put some there.

Jock: Yeah, whatever, do what you have to do but I want that man out of office by the end of the month!

Name it

Go go go!
giphy.gif

Perry Mason
Columbo
Banacek
Wild Wild West
American Greed
Banacek? There is no way someone can come up with an out of left field entry that would top that. Sure you don't want to add 'Hello Larry'?
edit: Had to look it up. Banacek ran for a whole two seasons but only a mere total of 17 episodes. Was going to run a 3rd but everyone involved became disinterested. George Peppard didn't want to earn any more money as he was going through a divorce and didn't want to fund his wife's greed. It also starred people who didn't go on to be famous for anything else. Its like the the entire thing just vanished.

The correct answer is: Bluebloods
Everyone stays in character. The conflicts are let to happen without taking woke sides.

Last edited:
I admittedly don't get into the epic multiple-season story arcs. I just tried to watch Succession and got bored. I can't pay attention that long. I think maybe my favorite show of all time (non-sitcom anyway) might be Justified. Also have enjoyed the Fargo seasons, especially 1 and 2.

For network TV:

Best Comedies a tie with MASH and Sienfeld with honorable mentions to WKRP, Three's Company and a personal choice of Wings.

Best Dramas Yellowstone with honorable mentions to 24 and The Americans

For the paid services HBO, Netflix etc.

Ozark

Name it

Go go go!
Can't argue with Breaking Bad. It was really good so it is definitely in the same category for me.

One of my favorites is one that got canned after two seasons (Mindhunter)

I also really like Seinfeld, Arrested Development, The Simpsons

One that I am watching now has potential The Last of Us

I admittedly don't get into the epic multiple-season story arcs. I just tried to watch Succession and got bored. I can't pay attention that long. I think maybe my favorite show of all time (non-sitcom anyway) might be Justified. Also have enjoyed the Fargo seasons, especially 1 and 2.
Fargo is solid

Gunsmoke for the older ones, Seinfeld, Big Bang theory, mash the early years, star trek the next generation

Gunsmoke is am excellent addition to this thread...went by the old set near Kanab UT a few uears ago...its in shambles now but was cool to see where they shot it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT