ADVERTISEMENT

"Best fans in college football"

Thank you for sharing my opinion. I knew I'd get torched, but that's ok. There are a bunch of "fans" that don't understand or care about what it takes to rebuild a program like we had in the 90s. It's hard to do anywhere but especially so at Nebraska. I also want the wins, but even more so, I want "Nebraska" football.
Cal- what is your definition of “Nebraska” football? This coach doesn’t let his team tackle in practice, hasn’t identified a strategy to build o-lines or d-lines, has horrible fundamentals, and can’t win games.

Maybe you and I have different definitions of “Nebraska” football (and that’s ok). Watch UGA or any top 5 team and explain how Frost will get us there. We don’t even look like a D1 team compared to them…five years in. Maybe we’ll get lucky and finish in the Middle of the B1G West and not the bottom. GBR

Reactions: HuskerDana
I cannot argue the results! Honestly, Nebraska football to me looks like the program Frost played in. It is a culture consisting of a dominant O-line, an aggressive defense, and a power/option run game (I'd love to see a true fullback again). However, it is built from the inside out by Nebraskans for Nebraskans who care about the state and understand the passion we fans have for winning. Lastly, it's a blend of homegrown kids mixed with some out-of-state talent e.g. Peter brothers, Frazier, Mike Brown, Farley, and Lawrence Philips.
Hell, I wanted Frank Solich fired because I could see the team slipping then (I was having a TO hangover). I was extremely skeptical about Bill Callahan yet willing to give it a chance, but it didn't feel "right" and we saw how that went. He's a good coach, and a damn good O-line coach, but not a good coach for Nebraska. He may have lasted a little bit longer had he not been married to Cosgrove. I wanted Bo Pelini to be hired and as my mom (from Nebraska) always said, "watch out for what you wish for". I have family in Nebraska that loved Bo because he won 9 games consistently, but he too didn't care about Nebraska, he only cared about himself and he was just a d*ck . Then comes Riley and although that was just to counter the "Bo effect", that was over at "hip hip hooray". I think most wanted SF considering he knows and loves Nebraska and won at Nebraska. His success at UCF made us all envious. With that being said, I really thought we were so close last year! It felt like he was just a couple improvements away from turning the corner.
I listened to people wanting Tom Osborne fired. He was constantly knocked for struggling against OU and not being able to beat anyone in Florida (the big games) for years. The reality was that OU was consistently better - bigger, stronger, faster! And the Florida teams just had better athletes for years. Honestly, he probably wouldn't last if he was coaching in his prime today because the game has changed, there is a LOT more parity compared to back then. Hell, Nebraska has changed somewhat in that kids inside the state see other options now and not all want to play at Nebraska like they used to. The best players in the country are looking for the right "opportunity" to showcase for the NFL and now we have the wonderful transfer portal also.
Sorry for the LONG reply, but trust me, I get it! If the HC was anyone else from outside of Nebraska, I would be wanting him fired too! Hopefully my idea of Nebraska football is similar.

I cannot argue the results! Honestly, Nebraska football to me looks like the program Frost played in. It is a culture consisting of a dominant O-line, an aggressive defense, and a power/option run game (I'd love to see a true fullback again). However, it is built from the inside out by Nebraskans for Nebraskans who care about the state and understand the passion we fans have for winning. Lastly, it's a blend of homegrown kids mixed with some out-of-state talent e.g. Peter brothers, Frazier, Mike Brown, Farley, and Lawrence Philips.
Hell, I wanted Frank Solich fired because I could see the team slipping then (I was having a TO hangover). I was extremely skeptical about Bill Callahan yet willing to give it a chance, but it didn't feel "right" and we saw how that went. He's a good coach, and a damn good O-line coach, but not a good coach for Nebraska. He may have lasted a little bit longer had he not been married to Cosgrove. I wanted Bo Pelini to be hired and as my mom (from Nebraska) always said, "watch out for what you wish for". I have family in Nebraska that loved Bo because he won 9 games consistently, but he too didn't care about Nebraska, he only cared about himself and he was just a d*ck . Then comes Riley and although that was just to counter the "Bo effect", that was over at "hip hip hooray". I think most wanted SF considering he knows and loves Nebraska and won at Nebraska. His success at UCF made us all envious. With that being said, I really thought we were so close last year! It felt like he was just a couple improvements away from turning the corner.
I listened to people wanting Tom Osborne fired. He was constantly knocked for struggling against OU and not being able to beat anyone in Florida (the big games) for years. The reality was that OU was consistently better - bigger, stronger, faster! And the Florida teams just had better athletes for years. Honestly, he probably wouldn't last if he was coaching in his prime today because the game has changed, there is a LOT more parity compared to back then. Hell, Nebraska has changed somewhat in that kids inside the state see other options now and not all want to play at Nebraska like they used to. The best players in the country are looking for the right "opportunity" to showcase for the NFL and now we have the wonderful transfer portal also.
Sorry for the LONG reply, but trust me, I get it! If the HC was anyone else from outside of Nebraska, I would be wanting him fired too! Hopefully my idea of Nebraska football is similar.
Paragraph other wise no one reads this!

tldr

We do have loyal fans. Most loyal? I don't know. But this is testing our (and defintely my) patience. Anger is getting dangerously close to apathy. That's bad news.

That's when it becomes like my favorite baseball team aka the shitty Pirates. I can't even laugh at that shitshow anymore. It used to be so pathetic it was funny. Now just emptiness and not worth caring about even for the cheap laughs.

I can only hope the same thing doesn't happen to Nebraska football. Worried that's where things are heading at this rate. So when I act like a prickly smartass at times it just means I still care.. imagine it's the same for others too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT