ADVERTISEMENT

Benning Says Nebraska Needs To Accept They Are A Developmental Program

Chase Brown of Illinois was a 3 star recruit. Burt knows what a developmental program is, and knows how to win the the B1G.

And people thought this was crazy. And people watched that entitled coach of low morals, and watched the players reflect their coach, and still are in denial.

Just to be clear, we have an Iowa fan talking about "morals"? The program who's own players are suing for racism and abuse, talking about morals.

I think people are losing sight at the fact that he is right.

If you look at Nebraska,Wisconsin,Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St., Penn State’s last 7 recruiting rankings and win% against each other over last 7 years a picture is painted.

Iowa(36), Wisconsin (32), Michigan State (30) (is average recruiting class ranking) are considered great developmental programs. Their Win% against the other 5 teams over last 7 years. Iowa (50%) Wisconsin (66%) Michigan State (48%)

The next Tier: Nebraska (22) Penn St (14) and Michigan (10). Their win% against other 5. Nebraska (15%), Penn State (56%) Michigan (56%)

Even though Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State have classes 2-3x lower than the other tier. One flipped game in 7 years and their win % is almost on par with the higher recruited teams, thanks to their great development of players.

Nebraska is a huge outlier in these numbers. If they can get their development program on par with Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State. They should be able to be above the Michigan and Penn State level, with their average class ranking.

Probably will still be behind Ohio State but it’s gonna be a two step process. Focus on development first. Win the west consistently. Attract ever better recruits and become the powerhouse again. It’s going to be a 10 year process to get back to the glory years IMO.

It can be done just need to have a vision and a plan, first step should be to become the best developmental program in the nation.

Spot on. This is the first post from a Herky that actually acknowledges that both recruiting and development are essential and not mutually exclusive.

If you look at Nebraska,Wisconsin,Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St., Penn State’s last 7 recruiting rankings and win% against each other over last 7 years a picture is painted.

Even though Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State have classes 2-3x lower than the other tier. One flipped game in 7 years and their win % is almost on par with the higher recruited teams, thanks to their great development of players.

Nebraska is a huge outlier in these numbers. If they can get their development program on par with Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State. They should be able to be above the Michigan and Penn State level, with their average class ranking.

Probably will still be behind Ohio State but it’s gonna be a two step process. Focus on development first. Win the west consistently. Attract ever better recruits and become the powerhouse again. It’s going to be a 10 year process to get back to the glory years IMO.
Delusional post in all ways. Talking about you think Nebraska capable of being better than Michigan and PSU if they just develop better. This is why you've set yourself up for let down and heartache.

the last 2 years, penn st is 11-11 and 0-1 against Nebraska

they are a typical win-nothing b1g team that gets tons of media hype because that's all the b1g is

on the field, they suck just like the rest of the b1g

All I learned from that is that Iowa is completely obsessed with Nebraska. Misquoting a press conference from 5 years ago on a recruiting trip? Pictures of Nebraska in their weight room? What a sad obsession, from a sad program.
A sad program that has beat the buskers 7 straight years

Reactions: Ree4
A sad program that has beat the buskers 7 straight years
iowa has beaten 2 Nebraska teams with winning records in 50 years

you are allowed to kick us while we're down. just don't confuse beating us with actual success on the field - something you have yet to experience under that shriveled up scrotum kurt f

Reactions: IowaTaterHead

Iowa(36), Wisconsin (32), Michigan State (30) (is average recruiting class ranking) are considered great developmental programs. Their Win% against the other 5 teams over last 7 years. Iowa (50%) Wisconsin (66%) Michigan State (48%)

The next Tier: Nebraska (22) Penn St (14) and Michigan (10). Their win% against other 5. Nebraska (15%), Penn State (56%) Michigan (56%)

It can be done just need to have a vision and a plan, first step should be to become the best developmental program in the nation.
“If they can get their development on par…”
It’s not as if they haven’t been trying for the last couple of decades, that’s right Decades.
You might think Ne. Is a top tier possibility but:
You can’t recruit anymore.
You‘re certainly not a developmental program.
Athletic Directors fail miserably at hiring head coaches.
Etc. Etc. Etc!

Reactions: Ree4
It’s not as if they haven’t been trying for the last couple of decades, that’s right Decades.
Etc. Etc. Etc!
That was a hawkkkeye fans opinion. You two should workkk it out on the Iowa board. Kkkindly leave and don’t come backkk….

Little bro at what? Nebraska football stinks, basketball stinks, baseball stinks as of late, wrestling is good but levels below Iowa yet. You got Volleyball to lean on bud. You seem like the big bro who knows little bro is way better than big bro and has become very defensive about it. Lol
Or the girl who was a hottie in HS (the 90’s), graduated college had a few kids and put on 40 pounds (10 years ago to the present) and still thinks she’s a hottie.

Or the Iowa hawkkkeye loser pretending to be a Nebraska fan.
Or the crazy dude completely consumed and obsessed with Iowa who has multiple handles all with 3rd grade level "shades" on Iowa. Look at these clever gems:

Iowa_Potato_Head
IowaTaterHead
IowaHogeyeDoosh
Iowa_potato

I'm sure there are more. God what a sick, Iowa-obsessed crazy mothereffer.

Last edited:
Or the crazy dude completely consumed and obsessed with Iowa who has multiple handles all with 3rd grade level "shades" on Iowa. Look at these clever gems:

Iowa_Potato_Head
IowaTaterHead
IowaHogeyeDoosh
Iowa_potato

And your the leader of the band..

When Nebraska left for the BIG, it left its recruiting base behind. The media footprint you are in? Dominated by literally hundred of years of Buckeye, Wolverine, Sparty, Badger, Hawkeye grads…. Nebraska recruiters walking in to HS’s in the old Big 8 and Big 12 territories? Unbelievable respect for the Nebraska program. How quickly can I sign? Walking in to high schools in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc…. Mom and Dads, Coaches and grads of those schools? Nebraska became a nobody in their new prime recruiting region. I predicted this would happen to NU. You left over anger towards Texas and no one makes good decisions out of anger.

So, Nebraska is a developmental program now. To some degree has always been, being a leader decades ago in weight training and nutrition. But NU no longer selects out of its primary recruiting base, it has to recruit. And now develop. Oklahoma State is a developmental program and doing very well with it. It is not an insult, you have to make the right hires, recruit the right athletes, and know nothing no longer given to you for wearing the N on the helmet. Going to have to work a little harder.

You have to get the right coach and staff and impart a culture change. And you have to admit you current place in the football hierarchy and turn the program around not on how the past use to be, but how to build the program in this brave new BIG world you wanted. But look on the bright side, free of Texas and you make bank. All should be good.

Last edited:
When Nebraska left for the BIG, it left its recruiting base behind. The media footprint you are in? Dominated by literally hundred of years of Buckeye, Wolverine, Sparty, Badger, Hawkeye grads…. Nebraska recruiters walking in to HS’s in the old Big 8 and Big 12 territories? Unbelievable respect for the Nebraska program. How quickly can I sign? Walking in to high schools in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc…. Mom and Dads, Coaches and grads of those schools? Nebraska became a nobody in their new prime recruiting region. I predicted this would happen to NU. You left over anger towards Texas and no one makes good decisions out of anger.

So, Nebraska is a developmental program now. To some degree has always been, being a leader decades ago in weight training and nutrition. But NU no longer selects out of its primary recruiting base, it has to recruit. And now develop. Oklahoma State is a developmental program and doing very well with it. It is not an insult, you have to make the right hires, recruit the right athletes, and know nothing no longer given to you for wearing the N on the helmet. Going to have to work a little harder.

You have to get the right coach and staff and impart a culture change. And you have to admit you current place in the football hierarchy and turn the program around not on how the past use to be, but how to build the program in this brave new BIG world you wanted. But look on the bright side, free of Texas and you make bank. All should be good.
your next quarterback is from Nebraska

frost didn't offer him

Wow, some of my fellow fans are embarrassing. There’s a few of us on hawkeyereport that call out our fans that constantly start threads or post about Nebraska, so we’re not all bad. There’s a good guy over there @kentadel and maybe one other that can’t stand cluttering up our board with husker talk. My suspicion is most are from central and western Iowa. I’ll stick around and call out the bad apples when they creep up. If anyone would like my perspective on something football related, just ask.

Wow, some of my fellow fans are embarrassing. There’s a few of us on hawkeyereport that call out our fans that constantly start threads or post about Nebraska, so we’re not all bad. There’s a good guy over there @kentadel and maybe one other that can’t stand cluttering up our board with husker talk. My suspicion is most are from central and western Iowa. I’ll stick around and call out the bad apples when they creep up. If anyone would like my perspective on something football related, just ask.
what're your thoughts on this - many are saying it's the most accurate meme ever created

6rj8mf.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: PrettFlyHawkGuy

Iowa_Potato_Head
IowaTaterHead
IowaHogeyeDoosh
Iowa_potato

Nothing ironic about this post......

Etc. Etc. Etc!

What a dumbass post.

Sure it's been decades since we were winning National Championships more years than not, but it's only been 5 years since having better than Iowa results every year.

Top recruiting class in the West every year, until last year, but then also had a Top 10 portal class. Nebraska is a destination and will always be able to recruit no matter how much you hate it.

Every dam program in CFB is a developmental program. Hilarious that you clowns have convinced yourselves that only a few programs are out there developing players. Yes, Frost has sucked at developing players (amongst other things), but that certainly doesn't mean Nebraska isn't ever going to be a "developmental program".

But I assume you know this all and your insecurities are why you are here trying to feel better about the program you choose to support. Good luck with that.

We have NO room to talk. We just need to figure out how to win 6 games and be bowl eligible. How long has it been, 5 years now?

We're now Minnesota of the 21st Century. But while they're irrelevant in CFB they still put together decent teams occasionally.

Ok let me try again.

We lost to a better team.

People can’t look away from train wrecks. Human nature.

Stating facts and still a NE fan, sorry.

You think we’re bad now? NW used to be astonishingly bad, and were that way for decades. I believe they had a couple of winless seasons and several with one or maybe two wins. Anyone with a pulse would beat them by 4+ touchdowns easily. They are light years better than they were, and have been competitive most years for a while now. What used to be a gimme win is now if you don’t bring your A game (last weekend), you’ll lose. Quite an accomplishment given their academic hurdles.
After reading through this thread I did a little research, what in the actual F$&@ is going on with this guy.

This level of crazy I cannot explain.

• Wow
Hmmm. Account opened just today and you went straight to my fairly innocuous posts? Is that you Iowa Potato Psycho Boy???? LMAO! You're really something else...
It's EXACTLY who that is-- Potato Pyscho latching on to another screen name and now pretending to be an Iowa fan under this one.

• Haha
iowa has beaten 2 Nebraska teams with winning records in 50 years

you are allowed to kick us while we're down. just don't confuse beating us with actual success on the field - something you have yet to experience under that shriveled up scrotum kurt f
Bad look. We haven’t won a conf championship in over 2 decades. And it’s not happening anytime soon. Are you really going back 50 years to defend the butt whipping the past 7 years. I remember my first beer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT