ADVERTISEMENT

Benning Says Nebraska Needs To Accept They Are A Developmental Program

You see, I didn't have a "discussion". My point, which is apparently lost on you is that a championship is a championship. They were determined differently for many years, so what, that was the system then. Who cares who, how or when but if the records show they won a NC, I could care less, go at it all day long. with the other teams, won't change a thing. It is what it is.

I am guessing some people think our Championships are tainted as well, who cares, we are listed as a Champion in some poll, just like Minnesota and whoever else.

We leave a bunch of titles on the table where we were just listed in some poll. So not the same at all.

Keeping my promise to limit my Hawkeye board updates to this thread. To further confirm that there’s no worse group of fans in college football than Iowa fans both in person and on the internet, just scum of the earth. What a miserable collection of people. I suppose this is what happens when your team is considered a nice 30ish type team, but Iowa fans view it as a top 5.

without further ado, 5 threads dedicated to husker football on the first page and not a single thread that doesn’t contain a post that doesn’t mention big bro Nebraska….

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/n-is-for-novice.397716/

Still waiting for any of these losers to explain themselves, so far “husker cucked me” is the only explanation.

@myteamcanbeatupyourteam
@Flick2.0
@SWIowahawks
@jonesy5960

Keeping my promise to limit my Hawkeye board updates to this thread. To further confirm that there’s no worse group of fans in college football than Iowa fans both in person and on the internet, just scum of the earth. What a miserable collection of people. I suppose this is what happens when your team is considered a nice 30ish type team, but Iowa fans view it as a top 5.

without further ado, 5 threads dedicated to husker football on the first page and not a single thread that doesn’t contain a post that doesn’t mention big bro Nebraska….

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/n-is-for-novice.397716/

Still waiting for any of these losers to explain themselves, so far “husker cucked me” is the only explanation.

@myteamcanbeatupyourteam
@Flick2.0
@SWIowahawks
@jonesy5960
Who cares?

Yep Iowa is little bro, that’s the thing, little bros like Iowa can win some games, but they’ll never supplant big bro unless they can match or exceed big bros greatness at least Minny fans can claim some legit NCs albeit 60plus years ago…. If it weren’t true Iowa fans would never come to a Minnesota fans defense and Nebraska threads wouldn’t be all over the Iowa board. You act like little bros and are acknowledged as such. Thanks for stopping by little bro.
You aren't very bright, are you? Maybe you should actually beat Iowa and have a winning record before you proclaim us as a little brother. The last time Nebraska was relevant nationally current players weren't even born. Like Minnesota, your success is well in the past. The difference is that Minnesota is actually trending in the right direction.

You aren't very bright, are you? Maybe you should actually beat Iowa and have a winning record before you proclaim us as a little brother. The last time Nebraska was relevant nationally current players weren't even born. Like Minnesota, your success is well in the past. The difference is that Minnesota is actually trending in the right direction.
You are correct in your statement, but when has Iowa or Minnesota ever been relevant? Also, more eyes were on Nebraska football games last year than Iowa and we are awful... I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: BleedRed78
You are correct in your statement, but when has Iowa or Minnesota ever been relevant? Also, more eyes were on Nebraska football gamevs last year than Iowa and we are awful... I'll hang up and listen.
When you're pumping up viewership numbers you probably aren't winning games. Iowa and Minnesota have been relevant many times. To claim otherwise is silly. Nebraska has a rich history but it's just that at this point history. Until Nebraska can prove it can consistently win games year after year it's just an also-ran. I personally think that won't happen until they get rid of Frost. He is a bad coach.

Iowa fans were terrible while Nebraska was good pre 2017 and they are terrible since Nebraska has been terrible, so I guess you all are just sad sacks all the time. Iowa fans act like little bros and are treated as such. Change the behavior and the rest takes care of itself.

Iowa and Minnesota have been relevant many times
laughing-haha.gif

When you're pumping up viewership numbers you probably aren't winning games. Iowa and Minnesota have been relevant many times. To claim otherwise is silly. Nebraska has a rich history but it's just that at this point history. Until Nebraska can prove it can consistently win games year after year it's just an also-ran. I personally think that won't happen until they get rid of Frost. He is a bad coach.
You lose credibility when you pretend Iowa fans were good sports during that “rich history”. Just a terrible fan base.

We know we aren't winning games dipshit. Do you think you are dropping breaking news? We haven't been winning games for awhile. Yes, we do have history and a lot more of it than either Minnesota or Iowa and I'd also like you to define relevance. If you were so relevant and Nebraska was so irrelevant why would people be tuning into our games? As much as we suck dick, we still seem to have more people tune in..

You are correct in your statement, but when has Iowa or Minnesota ever been relevant? Also, more eyes were on Nebraska football games last year than Iowa and we are awful... I'll hang up and listen.
I think Iowa winning the West a couple times...and Minnesota losing the West on a tiebreak and on a Nebraska choke-job in the last game...counts as being relevant.

Both teams have been within a game of a possible Playoff spot.

I think Iowa winning the West a couple times...and Minnesota losing the West on a tiebreak and on a Nebraska choke-job in the last game...counts as being relevant.

We don’t care about your opinion over here. Kindly take it to the Minnesota board. I don’t care where your teams are currently compared to Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota fans sticking up for each on a Nebraska board is the most little brother act ever. Keep it dooshers….

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk

So losing gains you relevancy? God you are a dipshit. Iowa at least has a case, Minnesota is comical.

I know why Iowa fans act the way they do and they’ve never been honest about it. This also applies to a lesser extent to purdue and Minnesota fans. Here it is:

Nebraska fans acted like fans who cheered for a team in the top 8 of all time teams. We related to our contemporaries in the top 8 to include Michigan and tOSU fans. This pisses Iowa fans off as they did not see Nebraska on the same level as the big2. There it is in a nutshell.

No one gives a shit about iowa winning a bad division and then completely pissing themselves in the postseason. Everybody knew those teams were dogshit. Then they went out and proved it full-blown iowa style. Thefakeidofcollegefootball.

And can your Minnesota bs. You got your asses kicked by three td's via a four loss team. You didn't contend for shit.

It also pisses off other bigten west fans that most of us thought Nebraska would join the bigten and compete with Wisconsin, tOSU, Michigan and Penn state for the top of the conference and dominate the smaller brands and that’s exactly what happened so they’re pissed we were right. I don’t mind them piling on during Nebraska’s down times, just wish they’d be honest about their behavior….

No one gives a shit about iowa winning a bad division and then completely pissing themselves in the postseason. Everybody knew those teams were dogshit. Then they went out and proved it full-blown iowa style. Thefakeidofcollegefootball.

And can your Minnesota bs. You got your asses kicked by three td's via a four loss team. You didn't contend for shit.
Remember the old Nebraska lost by 39 in the conference championship game bit so loved as a reply as to why it didn’t matter that Nebraska made it to the bigten championship game before iowaugh??? Getting blown out by Michigan by 39 last season was classic Iowa doosh karma.

If a team is 10-1, ranked in the Top-10, and has a win over the #4 team...going into the last week of the regular season...most would consider that to be contending.

'Contending' for the Playoff. Not 'IN' the Playoff.

Long listen but very interesting what Benning thinks Nebraska needs to recognize as a program in order to move forward.

I guess that one way of looking at it. But in order to be a developmental program, Nebraska would need to start developing players, correct? Or is the transfer portal how Nebraska defines developing players now? Nebraska, where 4 and 5 star recruits come to lose to Illinois.

It's been said change for the sake of change is usually bad. As it regards Nebraska football, I'd disagree. I don't know what the change is, but I do know we need change.

Reactions: rucker4
I guess that one way of looking at it. But in order to be a developmental program, Nebraska would need to start developing players, correct? Or is the transfer portal how Nebraska defines developing players now? Nebraska, where 4 and 5 star recruits come to lose to Illinois.

It's been said change for the sake of change is usually bad. As it regards Nebraska football, I'd disagree. I don't know what the change is, but I do know we need change.
Bbbbwwwwwaaaaaa. You’re terrible at this. Get lost Iowa loser. Nice try, not really.

Update from the douche bags out East, the obsession is real. I really wish there was an honest Iowa fan out there that would give us some insight into the obsession.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...-lying-about-the-puking.397510/#post-10364084
I am an honest and level-headed Iowa fan, so I will give it a try. As I grew up, was there jealously for me about how much success the Huskers were having? Of course, as a competitive fan why wouldn't there be? It never reached obsession level for me, I guess it could have for some.

But here's the thing.....your schtick can be summed up much simpler then trying to determine the obsession of an entire fan base. You are just miserable. Your team is not any good, you can't come to grips with it, and this is how you get by, by acting like a big dog even though you really have your tail between your legs . You wouldn't be going through all this trouble if the Huskers could actually beat Iowa. So you lash out with what ever ammo you think sounds good, and it helps you feel better. It's fine, no big deal........the world is full of people like you.

Are some Iowa fans enjoying Nebraska's misery? You bet they are........people love it when the mighty finally fall, especially when the mighty is your neighbor and has been driving a nicer car and living in a bigger house then you for the last 30 years. Keep your chin up, Nebraska will beat the Hawks again at some point, maybe even this year.

I am an honest and level-headed Iowa fan, so I will give it a try. As I grew up, was there jealously for me about how much success the Huskers were having? Of course, as a competitive fan why wouldn't there be? It never reached obsession level for me, I guess it could have for some.

But here's the thing.....your schtick can be summed up much simpler then trying to determine the obsession of an entire fan base. You are just miserable. Your team is not any good, you can't come to grips with it, and this is how you get by, by acting like a big dog even though you really have your tail between your legs . You wouldn't be going through all this trouble if the Huskers could actually beat Iowa. So you lash out with what ever ammo you think sounds good, and it helps you feel better. It's fine, no big deal........the world is full of people like you.

Are some Iowa fans enjoying Nebraska's misery? You bet they are........people love it when the mighty finally fall, especially when the mighty is your neighbor and has been driving a nicer car and living in a bigger house then you for the last 30 years. Keep your chin up, Nebraska will beat the Hawks again at some point, maybe even this year.
At least you had the guts to try and explain. The problem with your rant is, Iowa fans have never been reasonable about Nebraska football even before the total suckage 2017-present. I already stipulated that it doesn’t bother me that Iowa fans are piling on now. Iowa fans struggle to celebrate their own program and I suppose for good reason, there’s not a lot to celebrate. Once again, stop acting like little brothers and I’ll consider not treating you as such.

At least you had the guts to try and explain. The problem with your rant is, Iowa fans have never been reasonable about Nebraska football even before the total suckage 2017-present. I already stipulated that it doesn’t bother me that Iowa fans are piling on now. Iowa fans struggle to celebrate their own program and I suppose for good reason, there’s not a lot to celebrate. Once again, stop acting like little brothers and I’ll consider not treating you as such.
He's a fan. That's what fans too. I don't care that Iowa is salty, I just can't wait until we are decent again because I am going to be salty as **** towards them. It's good banter.

Quarterback could be developed. If he is head wasn't destroyed in the second half. Give the guy some easy throws to make to get him back on track. Nope. That opportunity was there, and now in defeat, we gained zero. And risked losing a QB for the season. There is talent all over the field, but they play entitled. On the NW TD run no one on the Nebraska defense wanted any part of trying to make a tackle. That's not a developmental program folks, but everyone on here disagreed with some facts. Facts posted by a writer who has more of a clue than this coaching staff. Incredibly unfair to the players. Big fat cat entitled program. It's disgusts me, and it didn't need to be this way with the talent we have.

Quarterback could be developed. If he is head wasn't destroyed in the second half. Give the guy some easy throws to make to get him back on track. Nope. That opportunity was there, and now in defeat, we gained zero. And risked losing a QB for the season. There is talent all over the field, but they play entitled. On the NW TD run no one on the Nebraska defense wanted any part of trying to make a tackle. That's not a developmental program folks, but everyone on here disagreed with some facts. Facts posted by a writer who has more of a clue than this coaching staff. Incredibly unfair to the players. Big fat cat entitled program. It's disgusts me, and it didn't need to be this way with the talent we have.
Derp.

ADVERTISEMENT