ADVERTISEMENT

BC @ FSU

FSU has serious problems….should drop clear out of top 25 after 2 games.

I think UGA stole their soul 😳

Shang Tsung Dlc GIF by Leroy Patterson

He’s a damned good college coach.
He sure as hell is. I know there might be some issues with him and I am glad we got Rhule and not Obrien. But as someone who lives in PA and had a front row seat to the total shit show that was PSU football after the Sandusky scandal, Paterno firing/death, and NCAA sanctions, what O'Brien did in keeping PSU competitive and not letting that program die was amazing. And very few folks out here blame him for bolting to the NFL after only a few seasons at PSU. Because he was very upfront from the beginning that if the NFL came a calling that he would most likely leave. Everybody knew he was a transitional caretaker coach from the get-go.

BOB would have been a fine choice. Pretty sure i'm glad we ended up with who we did instead, few more games need to he played before i'm all in on that statement, but it feels like we made the right call today.

Reactions: dinglefritz
And as for Florida State I think this only proves, once again, that it takes more than a roster full of 4 star athletes to make a successful team. Coaching really, really, really matters.
History has shown that coaches moving from successful stints at the AAC and sub Power 5 level and move up to the big boy league all fail within a few years.

Charlie Strong, Justin Fuentes, Scott Frost, MIke Norvell, Willie Taggert, Randy Edsell. When they crash, they completely crash and burn.

A few like Chris Pederson, Tom Herman, Luke Fickell and Geoff Collins did well, or at least haven't proven incapable of being good at this level. Matt Rhule can be considered in this group with his move from Temple to Baylor to the NFL and back to Nebraska. I'm sure there are other examples.

I mostly look at that first group which resulted in huge failures at the U of Texas, Nebraska, Oregon and Florida State as some pretty big jobs they were incapable of handling.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
History has shown that coaches moving from successful stints at the AAC and sub Power 5 level and move up to the big boy league all fail within a few years.

Charlie Strong, Justin Fuentes, Scott Frost, MIke Norvell, Willie Taggert, Randy Edsell. When they crash, they completely crash and burn.

A few like Chris Pederson, Tom Herman, Luke Fickell and Geoff Collins did well, or at least haven't proven incapable of being good at this level. Matt Rhule can be considered in this group with his move from Temple to Baylor to the NFL and back to Nebraska. I'm sure there are other examples.

I mostly look at that first group which resulted in huge failures at the U of Texas, Nebraska, Oregon and Florida State as some pretty big jobs they were incapable of handling.
throw in Dan Hawkins as well

Would Urban Meyer and DeBoer and Hargod fit the criteria you listed?

He sure as hell is. I know there might be some issues with him and I am glad we got Rhule and not Obrien. But as someone who lives in PA and had a front row seat to the total shit show that was PSU football after the Sandusky scandal, Paterno firing/death, and NCAA sanctions, what O'Brien did in keeping PSU competitive and not letting that program die was amazing. And very few folks out here blame him for bolting to the NFL after only a few seasons at PSU. Because he was very upfront from the beginning that if the NFL came a calling that he would most likely leave. Everybody knew he was a transitional caretaker coach from the get-go.
And I am sure he told BC the same thing. If the right NFL gig comes calling he will take it.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT