ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Pizza

Hand sliced pepperoni, sauteed baby bella mushrooms, fresh chopped habaneros, (my own) tomato sauce, fresh grated Parmesan, fresh shredded low moisture whole milk mozzarella, provolone and applewood smoked cheddar, fresh basil. Topped with fresh grated Romano.

This week, my neighbors gave me a cut of their basil plant and I am in the process of trying to transplant it. I used some of the leaves today for today's pizza. They also had a couple of habanero plants growing and told me I could pick some of the peppers if I needed them. And so I did! I picked the two most mature peppers and they were just starting to turn a little color. They were green and yellow. Would have been hotter if they were orange. But that was the best I can do for free!

ugybxLc.jpg

Uh7l4Il.jpg

Hand sliced pepperoni, sauteed baby bella mushrooms, fresh chopped habaneros, (my own) tomato sauce, fresh grated Parmesan, fresh shredded low moisture whole milk mozzarella, provolone and applewood smoked cheddar, fresh basil. Topped with fresh grated Romano.

This week, my neighbors gave me a cut of their basil plant and I am in the process of trying to transplant it. I used some of the leaves today for today's pizza. They also had a couple of habanero plants growing and told me I could pick some of the peppers if I needed them. And so I did! I picked the two most mature peppers and they were just starting to turn a little color. They were green and yellow. Would have been hotter if they were orange. But that was the best I can do for free!

ugybxLc.jpg

Uh7l4Il.jpg
You’re a master of your craft

Reactions: bigboxes

ugybxLc.jpg

Uh7l4Il.jpg
Once again you killed it! With that said isn't it like 3? Letting it digest so you can have a couple of extra beers?

I wasn't planning on making a pizza today. But on Saturday I took one of my crust out of the freezer and stuck it in the refrigerator to unthaw and do a little cold fermentation. I'm so glad I did. This pizza turned out awesome!

Italian dry salami, fresh sliced jalapenos, fresh cut baby bella mushrooms, fresh cut tomatoes with thyme, (my own) tomato sauce, fresh grated Parmesan, dried parsley. Drizzled a spiral of olive oil while it cooled on the rack. Soooo good!

qxHV5jo.jpg

kPtvHpQ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sklarbodds
@bigboxes, you inspired me to make pizza this weekend. This was my Thai chicken pizza. A local brewery makes it and it's one of my wife's favorites so I decided to try making my own version. My wife claimed that it was even better than the brewery's pizza but I think she would say anything just so she doesn't have to cook. Laughing I make my own dough although I cheat a little and use a bread machine. I used a sweet chili sauce then topped it with some grilled chicken, shredded carrot, peanuts and mozzarella then when it was done cooking I garnished it with some fresh cilantro. I always precook my crusts for about 10 minutes so they're easier to handle when I transfer them to my pellet grill. Then I slide them off of the pizza pan right onto the screaming hot grill grates for about 10 minutes. Then I finish them off under the broiler so everything gets good and hot. I made a second pizza too but forgot to take a picture before I had already sliced it up. I used your idea for sauce with the san marzano tomatoes. It turned out great too but I have a lot of sauce left over. Does it freeze okay or should I just go ahead and make more pizzas now?

Snapchat-1540974455.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT