ADVERTISEMENT

Bad sign

So Nebraska loses two marquee recruits out of Omaha in the past month. I guess Scott Frost isn’t the recruiter many think he is. This is a really, really bad sign. It says kids in Nebraska don’t believe in the Scott Frost pixie dust of excuses and false bravado. They prefer to commit to coaches who don’t throw players under the bus to cover up for their own coaching mistakes.
Frost was quoted as asking the Omaha high school coaches if he "could do anything more for the city of Omaha," recently so he's aware of its importance and aware of building a relationship with the coaches and players in the area.

Writing Omaha off after two seasons and essentially three players or slitting your wrists over losing Watts, Dickerson, and Johnson is myopic at best.

I like rrt. But the blunt fact is our program is in trouble.

I don’t think the program is in trouble because Frost couldn’t land Johnson. We are going to very easily sign a kid that’s as talented or more talented than him.

I do think our program is trouble based on the product Frost and his best buddy Chinander put on the field the last two years.

Frost was quoted as asking the Omaha high school coaches if he "could do anything more for the city of Omaha," recently so he's aware of its importance and aware of building a relationship with the coaches and players in the area.

Writing Omaha off after two seasons and essentially three players or slitting your wrists over losing Watts, Dickerson, and Johnson is myopic at best.
Call it what you want. Dismiss and deflect all you want. It is a bad sign. Period.

Betts may not even qualify
But then again he might. You can have a woe is me defeatist outlook on this or you can be an optimist. You decide.
Call it what you want. Dismiss and deflect all you want. It is a bad sign. Period.
Panic all you want. It's a sign that three kids wanted to go somewhere else. Period.

So Nebraska loses two marquee recruits out of Omaha in the past month. I guess Scott Frost isn’t the recruiter many think he is. This is a really, really bad sign. It says kids in Nebraska don’t believe in the Scott Frost pixie dust of excuses and false bravado. They prefer to commit to coaches who don’t throw players under the bus to cover up for their own coaching mistakes.
Ummm the Johnson kid is not a marquee recruit first of all. He might end up being a good player. His dad was a good but not great player for NU. The DB is highly ranked but BEFORE he chose Minnesota there were some former Husker players very familiar with the DB who said that his game won't translate well to college football. He's not a physical player. I'm not sure how hard we pursued either of those kids.

NU hasn't been really good since before those kids were born and we've been a dysfunctional cluster #### since we fired Frank. You better give Frost a little more time to try to clean the turd off of our trophies. Times have changed dramatically in college football and those kids didn't grow up idolized the Huskers.

But then again he might. You can have a woe is me defeatist outlook on this or you can be an optimist. You decide.

Panic all you want. It's a sign that three kids wanted to go somewhere else. Period.
Panic? You don’t know me at all. This is not a good trend. You can spin this all you want, but it sucks

Ummm the Johnson kid is not a marquee recruit first of all. He might end up being a good player. His dad was a good but not great player for NU. The DB is highly ranked but BEFORE he chose Minnesota there were some former Husker players very familiar with the DB who said that his game won't translate well to college football. He's not a physical player. I'm not sure how hard we pursued either of those kids.

NU hasn't been really good since before those kids were born and we've been a dysfunctional cluster #### since we fired Frank. You better give Frost a little more time to try to clean the turd off of our trophies. Times have changed dramatically in college football and those kids didn't grow up idolized the Huskers.
Don’t disagree with this. But I also ain’t giving Frost any more slack than we gave any of our other failed coaches. And after two LOSING seasons, I count Frost as a failed coach until he proves otherwise.

And rumor has it the Omaha coaches said “Yes Coach Frost, for the love of god...less swing passes.”

Panic? You don’t know me at all. This is not a good trend. You can spin this all you want, but it sucks
There's nothing to spin. You're creating the spin stating that Betts won't qualify when his coaches have said differently and Callahan saying that Johnson said Iowa was his dream offer several weeks ago. Watts stated that ND was his dream offer. Yes, losing Dickerson is hard to justify, especially to the RTB clan, but you're either panicking or misinformed. Either way, you're wrong.

Reactions: WHCSC
And rumor has it the Omaha coaches said “Yes Coach Frost, for the love of god...less swing passes.”
If they weren't recruiting WRs I'd be really inclined to believe that's exactly how the conversation went. I know I've heard that conversation in the stadium the last couple of years more than a few times.

Kids (parents) look for early playing chance these days. There is no, I will go and battle. It is all about PTperiod. Would Dickerson play in next 2-3 yrs with some of the talent we have added, Johnson doubt it.

There's nothing to spin. You're creating the spin stating that Betts won't qualify when his coaches have said differently and Callahan saying that Johnson said Iowa was his dream offer several weeks ago. Watts stated that ND was his dream offer. Yes, losing Dickerson is hard to justify, especially to the RTB clan, but you're either panicking or misinformed. Either way, you're wrong.
Lmao. You are one obtuse idiot. Why was Iowa “his dream offer?” Because Nebraska offered him nothing that changed that. Frost couldn’t close on a Nebraska kid. Or two kids. Oops... or three.
Either way, you are wrong.

Reactions: ssmill777
I know this is sacrilege, but I simply don't see the big deal in Johnson going elsewhere. Or that players in state go elsewhere. I want Nebraska to get the best 25 players they can get each and every year. If this dude isn't in that group, where he grew up means little to me.

All I will ask is, if Keegan Johnson was from Peoria, IL would we even care that he chose Iowa?

Lmao. You are one obtuse idiot. Why was Iowa “his dream offer”. Because Nebraska offered him nothing that change that. Frost couldn’t close on a Nebraska kid. Or two kids. Oops... or three.
Either way, you are wrong.
Ad hominens? Seriously. Attempt to be an adult.

You can listen to the podcast on this very Rivals site, it was put out today and it's free. It's not my quote, it's Sean Callahan's.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ho...n-to-iowa-and-what-june-1-means-going-forward

How the 2019 and 2020 classes turn out will determine frost's fate. I'm cautiously hopeful at this point.

Are they good enough to play at NU though? Frost said in his introductory press conference "there are too many kids from this state playing at other schools right now" That trend is continuing in his tenure. Now I understand it's impossible to get all the in state kids. But we need to get the lions share.

I don’t give a crap whose quote it was, Mr. adult. You made it your own and I responded. Stupid is stupid no matter the source.
The fact that you chose to create this thread is proof that even the dimmest bulb can spread misinformation.

And I credited Callahan in my original post, so try reading before responding. It's a lot better conversation when that happens. Good day.

Reactions: Huskerpro and WHCSC
I know this is sacrilege, but I simply don't see the big deal in Johnson going elsewhere. Or that players in state go elsewhere. I want Nebraska to get the best 25 players they can get each and every year. If this dude isn't in that group, where he grew up means little to me.

All I will ask is, if Keegan Johnson was from Peoria, IL would we even care that he chose Iowa?
If you don’t think getting D1 caliber Nebraska kids to commit to Nebraska is important, then you haven’t even paying attention. Geez.

Reactions: jeans15
I like rrt. But the blunt fact is our program is in trouble.
No it's not. That's the blunt fact. You can't say that when you don't know the kids involved or their situations. I am not surprised by either kid. Not one bit. How can you say that when we've been able to pull top ranked recruits out of the state of Florida? Clester was pissed at NU that his last kid didn't get offered by Riley and no doubt Keegan grew up with Dad bad mouthing what was going on in Lincoln. Meh. Not worried about it. Neither one was going to crack the 2 deep any time soon at NU anyway.

And what misinformation did I spread? Did he secretly commit to Nebraska?
That Betts may not qualify and that, despite the founder of this site and Husker insider Sean Callahan's statement, Iowa surely couldn't be Johnson's dream school. Inform yourself, then create a thread, then respond to the posters. In that order, stop skipping the vital first step.

Reactions: bleedhuskerred
Are they good enough to play at NU though? Frost said in his introductory press conference "there are too many kids from this state playing at other schools right now" That trend is continuing in his tenure. Now I understand it's impossible to get all the in state kids. But we need to get the lions share.
Are they good enough to play at NU? I don't know if they are or not. When a kid has watched one winning season of Husker football from the time he started paying attention, it's pretty tough to develop an affinity for the Huskers. The FACT that this staff has been able to pull in the classes they have is amazing to me. Find something else to wring your hands about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT