ADVERTISEMENT

B1G quarterfinals Nebraska MBB +4.5 vs Michigan

Seriously, what offense do we run? Everyone just stands around and looks at each other. How can a college basketball team that practices 3 hrs/day not have better offensive sets?????
Ding ding ding ding ding

Thank goodness we already have our ticket punched according to the local experts or this game would have really hurt our chances (sarcasm)

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Feels like NU hoops always lays an egg in the important tournaments. Just ice cold from 3. Feel like this was make or break for them to get into the tourney.

Michigan is lighting it up now, but there was a long stretch where they really weren't doing much offensively. Huskers just couldn't get out of their own way, and missed any chance to get back in the game.

With this outcome...we haven given the committee every reason to keep us out. Unfortunately, everybody who has called us a pretender is vindicated. Go win the NIT and pray Miles can keep a team intact.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I wish I could say I was surprised by this. I know some of you were confident. I just couldn’t bring myself to believe in NU hoops. I knew this would happen.

The NIT flat-out sucks. When half of your key players already have NCAA tournament experience, going to the NIT represents nothing but failure.

In a perfect world Wagner would be missing some teeth in this game. It would be nice to see Palmer and Copeland return next year, but they both may be gone.

Michigan couldn't hit the broad side yesterday, and couldn't miss today. Figured that was in store for us.

It's going to hurt worse when Palmer and Copeland leave after this year...back to square one.

In a perfect world Wagner would be missing some teeth in this game. It would be nice to see Palmer and Copeland return next year, but they both may be gone.
Could be...especially now with how much you can make playing overseas. You can make a nice living, play for 6 months, everything is paid for by the team, then you come back to the states and work some camps and crap like that.

Tim Miles deserves one more year to get to the dance but Boehm should be fired Monday.

It’s one thing to lose to a top 15 Michigan team...but this is a complete route. I think we have firmly “made a case” to be a 1 seed in the NIT tourney.

This is what it all boils down to. Many here and nationally say Nebraska needs this win and maybe more to get into the tourney. Some (me) say they’re already in.

Hopefully we won’t have to find out as the Huskers leave this important Matchup with a win.

In my opinion, Nebraska’s performance against Michigan the first time around was no fluke. I saw Beilien was commenting that they gave up early and pulled starters when it was apparent they wouldn’t win. I think he was trying to get the team to believe it was their choice to lose by 20 instead of owning that Nebraska just drilled them.

I’m calling for another, though tighter victory for the Huskers. I’ll be there.

Sorry, it was a fluke the first time around. The better team is clearly obvious today. Enjoy the NIT?

I just hope Miles doesn’t get an extension. Let next year run its course and see what happens

Why do we as fans care if Miles gets an extension? It’s not like we have to pony up for the buyout. Never understood this. Give miles an extension. Can’t recruit if you don’t have >4 years remaining on your contract and it doesn’t cost the regular fan a penny

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT