ADVERTISEMENT

B1G quarterfinals Nebraska MBB +4.5 vs Michigan

Sorry, it was a fluke the first time around. The better team is clearly obvious today. Enjoy the NIT?
Nah, it wasnt a fluke. We would beat that ass in Lincoln again. Unfortunatly, we are always an average at best team on the road against good teams.

This is Nebraska basketball. Never can win when it matters. Especially under miles. Basically the BO version of basketball,but nicer.

This isn’t the same team I’ve been watching the past month..

They look more like last years team:mad:

That's true. Some of the worst ball played all season. In losses this season, NU averages 62 points in those losses (I'm excluding that OT loss Pedo State)
If NU wants to be back in the same place next year, competing for a spot or taking a spot in the NCAA tourney, something needs to be done with the offense. It's just not good enough for a NCAA tournament quality team and certainly isn't good enough in the BIG, even in a down year. And I would expect that the competition from the likes of Wisconsin etc to be better in the future.
We've all seen this putird lack of offense before from Coach Miles and Co. What is going to change there? There's plenty of offensive talent but the production isn't there and certainly isn't near consistent enough to solidify NU as a tournament team.

Reactions: scarletred
Why do we as fans care if Miles gets an extension? It’s not like we have to pony up for the buyout. Never understood this. Give miles an extension. Can’t recruit if you don’t have >4 years remaining on your contract and it doesn’t cost the regular fan a penny

Do you think NU athletics has a magical money tree?

Why can’t you recruit if the coaches contract doesn’t get an extension? That is hardly correct. We give all the football coaches extensions and then fire them anyways. What the hell does an extension mean? Certainly not that a player is guaranteed to have the same coach for his entire career.

Reactions: spinner4
Why do we as fans care if Miles gets an extension? It’s not like we have to pony up for the buyout. Never understood this. Give miles an extension. Can’t recruit if you don’t have >4 years remaining on your contract and it doesn’t cost the regular fan a penny
Because I actually care about the program. I don't want it to be in financial distress nor the boosters when it comes time to hire a coach. It's already carrying 3 football coaches salaries. Don't need to add 2 basketball coaches to the budget

Besides Tim can't recruit with or without a long term contract. That matters less in college basketball then it does in football. Tim can only recruit transfers.

Once again this begs the question - is this what was expected when millions upon millions of dollars were used to upgrade basketball facilities. The best practice facility in the nation and a pristine new arena got us just more of the same garbage.

Feels like NU hoops always lays an egg in the important tournaments. Just ice cold from 3. Feel like this was make or break for them to get into the tourney.
Saw on one of the those Braketology sites. Before today's game they had them as a 65% chance to get into the tourney. Guessing after today that will drop to under 25%

Nebraska athletics have more money than ever and no one ever bats an eye at buying out a much more expensive football coach. No extension to the point of allowing a coaches contract to be under 4 years remaining effectively puts them on the hot seat and then you have to convince top recruits that you aren’t on the hot seat and will be there all 4 years they are there...much tougher with <4 years on your contract. Every athletic departments knows that’s true

One last thought, If you think Coaches use Miles contract against NU as a negative recruiting tool, that's funny. I would think they'd use the history of the program in general as the #1 recruiting tool.

Well what a perfect time to shit the bed. Oh well, a couple mkore home games in the NIT most likely.

Sorry, it was a fluke the first time around. The better team is clearly obvious today. Enjoy the NIT?

LOL! You hit 11 threes today, and we hit 3. You shot well, we didn't. We shot well the first game and you didn't. We didn't show up today and you did. What a fking idiot. We were the 4 see, you were the 5. We were considered the better team.

Reactions: HuskAir
If we’re going to play like this in the NCAA dance we might as well play in the NIT...

If Miles doesn’t get to the Dance next year, Moos needs to make a change.

Rasmussen will screw us in the end. Goodnight Irene!
The idea that NU's chances of making the tournament are going to hinge on Bruce Rasmussen is absolute nonsense.

If NU misses out, it's not going to be because Rasmussen kicked someone under the table. And if NU somehow gets in, it's not because the chairman happened to have a Nebraska zip code.

Nebraska athletics have more money than ever and no one ever bats an eye at buying out a much more expensive football coach. No extension to the point of allowing a coaches contract to be under 4 years remaining effectively puts them on the hot seat and then you have to convince top recruits that you aren’t on the hot seat and will be there all 4 years they are there...much tougher with <4 years on your contract. Every athletic departments knows that’s true
The support for Football is so much greater than basketball, and it's not even close. It's called Husker nation in football because the support is all over. That state itself is divided in basketball, not that way in football. And I get the attendance is pretty amazing. It's actually pretty great that NU & CU can be top 10 in basketball. I mean in other ways.

Lol, I realize we probably don’t deserve a bid, but the toolbags on the BTN post game show are practically pleading for Nebraska not to get a bid.

His teams are made up of transfers for the most part except for the Roby’s and Watson’s.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

What we did incorrectly with our football coaches should not be carried over to our basketball coaches.

And I’m saying this and I do not think Miles should be fired but if there are questions about his longevity you do not put the athletic department in the hole another $2-3 million just for fun.

Where did we get this notion about years left on contract? I have never ever read a recruit talk about coaching contract lengths. Can you please point to the recruit that said the difference in his decision between two schools came down to the contract status of the coach?

Reactions: scarletred
LOL! You hit 11 threes today, and we hit 3. You shot well, we didn't. We shot well the first game and you didn't. We didn't show up today and you did. What a fking idiot. We were the 4 see, you were the 5. We were considered the better team.
If you were considered the better team why were you 4.5 under dogs on a neutral court?

What we did incorrectly with our football coaches should not be carried over to our basketball coaches.

And I’m saying this and I do not think Miles should be fired but if there are questions about his longevity you do not put the athletic department in the hole another $2-3 million just for fun.

Where did we get this notion about years left on contract? I have never ever read a recruit talk about coaching contract lengths. Can you please point to the recruit that said the difference in his decision between two schools came down to the contract status of the coach?
Where? Barfy. That's who started the crap last year. The Husker fanbase gobbled it up like Runzas at a football game.

they may or may not make the tourney but i thought this team looked better than most previous teams. i think they are better.
just not a LOT better

If you were considered the better team why were you 4.5 under dogs on a neutral court?

Why were you playing on the 2nd day, while we were resting? You got beat by 20 at our place. Live with it.

I know Husker fans are bummed on how the game turned out today but you will look back on this team and this season as a good one once the disappointment fades. This team deserves to be in the dance and I hope the selection committee is smart enough to know that. Congratulations on a good season and good luck regardless the tournament.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Is it a moral victory to find it pathetic that Michigan fans are gloating about a win over arguably the worst franchise is major college or professional sports - i.e., Nebraska basketball.

Seriously, is their a more pitiful sports enterprise in existence today than NU hoops? It’s hard to find any team in any sport with a worse history than NU hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT