ADVERTISEMENT

B1G quarterfinals Nebraska MBB +4.5 vs Michigan

What we did incorrectly with our football coaches should not be carried over to our basketball coaches.

And I’m saying this and I do not think Miles should be fired but if there are questions about his longevity you do not put the athletic department in the hole another $2-3 million just for fun.

Where did we get this notion about years left on contract? I have never ever read a recruit talk about coaching contract lengths. Can you please point to the recruit that said the difference in his decision between two schools came down to the contract status of the coach?

Absurd standard you’re asking for. Job security matters in recruiting. Letting a coach contract lapse to the point of less than 4 years indicates lack of faith in a staff. If you don’t get that, then I can’t help you.

Saw on one of the those Braketology sites. Before today's game they had them as a 65% chance to get into the tourney. Guessing after today that will drop to under 25%

65% chance if they won; 22% chance if they lost. At least those were the numbers that I saw. But there is losing and then there is this.

Reactions: husker2612
Nit brothers! Why do you guys and gals lower your standards on a web site? Wait until it happens.....

65% chance if they won; 22% chance if they lost. At least those were the numbers that I saw. But there is losing and then there is this.
Agree I think if we would have played with Mich and went to the final buzzer and lost. I think we still make a case for getting in. This was just a complete collapse.

Michigan's the better team talent-wise (and has a great coach), but they're not 20 points better. My frustration isn't that the Huskers lost to Michigan, but that they really didn't even make a game of it. I think NU played even worse today than in its loss to Illinois.

Reactions: The Clutch
Thing that was a bummer was Nebraska was never in the game.. I was a little late due to a meeting and by the time I checked the score it was 26-13 and Nebraska never even made Michigan sweat.. I didn't expect a win today but it's not too much to ask to have a competitive game.

Michigan's the better team talent-wise (and has a great coach), but they're not 20 points better. My frustration isn't that the Huskers lost to Michigan, but that they really didn't even make a game of it. I think NU played even worse today than in its loss to Illinois.

In both losses, the opponent was on fire behind the arc, at least partially due to to poor defense. I feel like most of the year we did really well of defending the perimeter. I’m not sure what broke down vs Illinois and Michigan.

In both losses, the opponent was on fire behind the arc, at least partially due to to poor defense. I feel like most of the year we did really well of defending the perimeter. I’m not sure what broke down vs Illinois and Michigan.
While Michigan did hit a lot of threes today, I don't think the Huskers' first-shot defense was really the problem. In the first half NU got killed on the glass, giving Michigan a bunch of second-chance baskets. They cleaned that up to some degree in the second half, but still never got going offensively. Except for Palmer's good run early in the second half, Huskers were just awful offensively. I give Michigan's defense credit for some of that, but good defense doesn't mean you have to stand around with your hands in your pockets when you don't have the ball.

And then, just when you think Palmer might get NU back into the game, Watson and Gill start jacking bad shots.

Reactions: HuskAir
Nebraska athletics have more money than ever and no one ever bats an eye at buying out a much more expensive football coach. No extension to the point of allowing a coaches contract to be under 4 years remaining effectively puts them on the hot seat and then you have to convince top recruits that you aren’t on the hot seat and will be there all 4 years they are there...much tougher with <4 years on your contract. Every athletic departments knows that’s true
What a stupid argument.

Absurd standard you’re asking for. Job security matters in recruiting. Letting a coach contract lapse to the point of less than 4 years indicates lack of faith in a staff. If you don’t get that, then I can’t help you.

Yeah.....and I’m saying it is absurd that you think you can trick high school athletes with a contract.

Bo got an extension and was then promptly fired. Riley got an extension and was fired.

If you are in High School and think that 4 years remaining on a contract means that is your coach for the next four years then you are an idiot.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Michigan 10/1 odds to win it all come NCAA Tourney. 5th ranked team overall. They peaked late and I wouldn't bet against them, though I still think Villanova is the most complete college team in the country. Big East is loaded. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT