ADVERTISEMENT

As of now, Nebraska would be in a bowl at 5-7

If that happens it’ll feel like the Riley era all over again.
which was sadly better than the Frost era.

Riley's biggest gaffs was taking too long to integrate his system. He muddled around with the RPO offense for 2 years and then switch his defense going into year 3. He had already ran out of time.

Riley's biggest gaffs was taking too long to integrate his system. He muddled around with the RPO offense for 2 years and then switch his defense going into year 3. He had already ran out of time.

His biggest gaf was letting the AD dictate who his DC was. Firing Banker and hiring Diaco was a HUGE mistake.

https://n.rivals.com/news/examining-mike-riley-s-failure-to-develop-a-qb-at-nebraska He changed his O to fit the players he had, namely Armstrong. Ironically, with all the complaining about not having a quality QB now, this is not a new issue, see link.

Reactions: shocksker
We might be doing a conversion of our own IF D Cord T.W. takes a head coaching position somewhere, I have a bad feeling this is why this team has looked tired since the Michigan State game.
This is interesting to me. From a philosophical stand point if White moves on do you hire the best DC available regardless of scheme or do you focus on primarily 3-3-5 guys for continuity purposes

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

We might be doing a conversion of our own IF D Cord T.W. takes a head coaching position somewhere, I have a bad feeling this is why this team has looked tired since the Michigan State game.
Someone on another thread mentioned D.J Durkin( A&M D Cord) as a replacement. However, If players like Robinson or Nash move on forget about running any defense with 3 down lineman.

Reactions: keilwitzg
This is interesting to me. From a philosophical stand point if White moves on do you hire the best DC available regardless of scheme or do you focus on primarily 3-3-5 guys for continuity purposes
Depends who stays on the Dline and who leaves for greener pasture..probably try to at least get the best out there.

BugsAreQualityProtein

Someone on another thread mentioned D.J Durkin( A&M D Cord) as a replacement. However, If players like Robinson or Nash move on forget about running any defense with 3 down lineman.

Doesn’t matter, there’s no continuity anymore between coaches and players. I mean what kid will want to take a chance by committing to a school, when you literally don’t know if you will have the same coaches next year.

It’s no wonder we continue to circle the drain. Turnover, turnover, turnover…

We have to win Friday. We backed ourselves into a corner for the final time and literally everything is riding on this game. Hopefully the coaches figure out how to coach...

You’re not a we.:
Take a Hike..
I like how you have such a high level of self importance to routinely tell others to take a hike when your feelings get hurt by something they post. Can we see your message board chief of police badge?

I wonder how things would have gone had he started POB and brought in another QB before Tanner. The system would have been in place rather than change things whole-sale 3 years in.
Hard to say but this speaks to the "coach needs to adapt to the players he has" group which Riley did and Satterfield is doing now.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Hard to say but this speaks to the "coach needs to adapt to the players he has" group which Riley did and Satterfield is doing now.
I believe if you try to be something you're not, you end up being nothing, which seemed to have happened with Riley.

I don't think Sat went too far in that direction but is towing the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
Frost screwed us all when he let the team (and Adrian didn’t help)turn down a bowl at five wins. Frost used the idea that Martinez and the team was too banged up. I still can’t understand why we let AM come back to the athletic department.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Based on APR score calculation and a presumed
5-6 spots available for 5 win teams, Nebraska would get a bowl bid.
I read that the probationary D-I teams would get first dibs-- so James Madison and Jacksonville State would get the first two spots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT