ADVERTISEMENT

April 2, 2019 Nebraska at Kansas St

Another Nebraska blurb from D1Baseball today.

• Nebraska continues to play at an impressive level, beating Kansas State 7-0 on the road. Kyle Perry had a strong start for the Huskers, striking out three, walking one and allowing just three hits in seven shutout innings.
Yet they have Iowa in their field of 64 but not Nebraska. I understand they just swept Illinois but they were swept by Indiana the week before. They still have a lot of work to do, in my opinion.

I don’t see how having the right connections is somehow luck.
I was responding to the comment that "getting a big time Texas recruit is impossible to do in the B1G." Whether it's luck, or however else you want to label it, it wouldn't happen unless it was a legacy kid. We actually thought he was going to go the MLB route and were floored when he said he was coming to Lincoln after the draft (thus a transfer out).

I would take 8 legacy kids that are drafted every year. My point is, Blessie isn't coming here unless he was a legacy with the connections to the program. So a "big time Texas recruit" isn't coming up north to the B1G to play unless you have something going for you like that. Maybe luck was the wrong word, but that's not the normal blueprint in recruiting.

Reactions: saluno22
Yet they have Iowa in their field of 64 but not Nebraska. I understand they just swept Illinois but they were swept by Indiana the week before. They still have a lot of work to do, in my opinion.
I personally think Indiana is winning the league this year.

Are my old eyes failing me? I see Illinois and Indiana as 2 seeds and Michigan as a 3 seed but no Iowa.

April 2nd bracket projection.

Are my old eyes failing me? I see Illinois and Indiana as 2 seeds and Michigan as a 3 seed but no Iowa.

April 2nd bracket projection.
It might be my eyes. But I will state it’s possible, however unlikely, that when the article was posted today, it included a typo that has since been corrected with Iowa listed instead of Illinois or Indiana. It could happen. I mean they all start with ‘I,’ right? :)

Reactions: k9_r
Huskers may not have made D1's projected field of 64....

But
Nebraska is a 3 seed in Baseball America's projected field of 64 playing at a North Carolina regional.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT