ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, February 19th: Nebraska at Sam Houston - (Huskers Lose 5-1)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
GBR

Husker Lineup:

1. Banjoff - RF
2. Chick - LF
3. Anderson - 3B
4. Matthews - SS
5. Everitt - C
6. Gomes - 1B
7. Jessen - DH
8. Sartori - CF
9. Jackson - 2B
- Schanaman - RHP

Bearkat Lineup:

1. Mackenzie - SS
2. Chadwick - CF
3. Wishkoski - 3B
4. Contreras - LF
5. Davis - 1B
6. Loyd - 2B
7. Touchet - DH
8. Folse - C
9. Brewster - RF
- Atkinson - RHP

Last edited by a moderator:
Banjoff lead off the game with a base hit to RF but was left stranded as the next three went down in order.

Schanaman pitched around a couple hits to work a scoreless frame.

Everitt reached on an error with one out. A two-out base hit by Jessen put runners at the corners. Sartori then delivered an RBI single. Jackson struck out to end the inning.

Schanaman worked a 1-2-3 2nd inning with two Ks.

Banjoff walked to start the 3rd, but a fly out and a 5-4-3 double play ended the inning.

SHSU started the 3rd with a bunt single. The next batter hit a double play ball to 2B but an E-4 put runners at the corners instead.

An RBI double tied the game at 1-1.

The next batter walked to load the bases.

An infield single followed by an RBI walk made it 3-1.

Banjoff made two great catches (the first a SF) to end the inning. SHSU leads 4-1.

Schanaman allows a leadoff triple which ends his outing. Ethan Bradford is the new Husker pitcher.

Bradford strikes out the first two batters he faces. The next batter singles off the glove of Max Anderson to plate the run. The runner is picked off 1-3-6 to end the frame.

Sam Houston leads 5-1.

Bradford allows a leadoff base hit. The next batter grounds out 5-3.

Sounds like the umpiring crew misses a call at the plate with a live ball hitting the batter out of the box. They then had the nerve to call catchers interference a couple pitches later.

A 6-4-3 double play ends the threat.

I preached not freaking out about the opener but I am quite displeased with today’s performance thus far, at the plate in particular.

I preached not freaking out about the opener but I am quite displeased with today’s performance thus far, at the plate in particular.
Still a chance to split the series, which is acceptable, but I agree. They have had a poor approach at the plate through 15 innings, have played poor defense, and have given up way too many free passes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT