ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody getting a Foster Farms bowl shirt???

Saw something posted elsewhere that the game should match local team San Jose State (5-7) with Nebraska (5-7), and that Heinz (57) should sponsor the game.

Reactions: blackbones
I'm only going for the free food at the Bay Area Huskers tailgate. I'll bet the Gotham bowl didn't have free food for fans? Actually I'll bet no Husker game anywhere else has or will have free food. Great stadium, free food and a top notch opponent. Beats the heck out of most Husker home games.

Well I love the Huskers as much as anyone but unless I lived within driving distance across town and the ticket was free I might pass as well

I am listening to Dari Nowkhah and Mel Kyper Jr on the radio. Mel is ranting against 5-7 teams going to a bowl. He said retorically, "Who is going to watch UCLA blow out Nebraska"? Mel is little more than a hair-do and UCLA has some injuries so I am not so sure we get blown out. There is definitely upside for the Huskers to play in a bowl as they get more practice time. I am going to be cheering like crazy for a Husker victory. It would help put an end to the talk if they deserve to go to a bowl or not. Here is my question. If UCLA does blow out Nebraska does that damage the program more than what we gain with the extra practices?

We got lots of new snow so it should be a good day up on the hill. I will get back down in time to catch some of today's games

Reactions: timnsun
I am listening to Dari Nowkhah and Mel Kyper Jr on the radio. Mel is ranting against 5-7 teams going to a bowl. He said retorically, "Who is going to watch UCLA blow out Nebraska"? Mel is little more than a hair-do and UCLA has some injuries so I am not so sure we get blown out. There is definitely upside for the Huskers to play in a bowl as they get more practice time. I am going to be cheering like crazy for a Husker victory. It would help put an end to the talk if they deserve to go to a bowl or not. Here is my question. If UCLA does blow out Nebraska does that damage the program more than what we gain with the extra practices?

We got lots of new snow so it should be a good day up on the hill. I will get back down in time to catch some of today's games

Most football fans across the country expect UCLA to beat us. Living in SoCal and watching nearly every UCLA game I can see why they feel that way. Even though Rosen is a freshman,
he is the best passer we have faced all season by far. They have skilled athletes all over the field and the best FG kicker in the country. If we want it more than they do then I think we have a shot. If we go into the game not fired up and ready to play Mel Kiper may be right.

Most football fans across the country expect UCLA to beat us. Living in SoCal and watching nearly every UCLA game I can see why they feel that way. Even though Rosen is a freshman,
he is the best passer we have faced all season by far. They have skilled athletes all over the field and the best FG kicker in the country. If we want it more than they do then I think we have a shot. If we go into the game not fired up and ready to play Mel Kiper may be right.
Maybe...but if you believe the rankings we did beat a playoff team and hung with the #5 team. The season was ugly primarily because of coaching/qb decisions. We showed that this team can play with virtually anybody even without playing the perfect game.

P.S. As bad as Riley has been in the regular season recently, he has always been pretty good in bowl games. If I am going to point out the negative aspects of his history I need to point to the positive areas too. Bowls is one them.

Maybe...but if you believe the rankings we did beat a playoff team and hung with the #5 team. The season was ugly primarily because of coaching/qb decisions. We showed that this team can play with virtually anybody even without playing the perfect game.

P.S. As bad as Riley has been in the regular season recently, he has always been pretty good in bowl games. If I am going to point out the negative aspects of his history I need to point to the positive areas too. Bowls is one them.

Our achilles heel has been pass defense and lack of a pass rush.This plays to Rosen`s strengths. Hopefully Riley will have some answers.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I expect Nebraska to make a game of it, but I really don't see a victory against Ucla. Then again, the Bruins, and I doubt it, might go into charity mode and somehow turn the ball over 4-5 times, like another team we know. Reality says the team with better talent and coaching will win, but it doesn't mean Nebraska has to get blown out. We shall see a week from today just how ready the Huskers are.

I'm going but won't pay inflated prices through NU. There will surely be many more than 2700 Husker fans.
You can usually get better tickets at better prices from places other than the NU allotment. I've only bought tickets one time through the athletic department and I will probably never do that again. There will be plenty of Husker fans there.

The N is on the helmet is WAY too big

CWPbc88VAAAwWYg.jpg

I'm only going for the free food at the Bay Area Huskers tailgate. I'll bet the Gotham bowl didn't have free food for fans? Actually I'll bet no Husker game anywhere else has or will have free food. Great stadium, free food and a top notch opponent. Beats the heck out of most Husker home games.
I'm going. As much as I look forward to the game, it will also be fun to see the stadium. The new NFL stadiums are a whole different kettle of fish and I look forward to seeing one. I saw a show where someone went to the Jacksonville stadium and they have a swimming pool and cabanas with lounge chairs. Levi Stadium is supposed to be really something and I got tickets on the 50 in the VIP section, which gives us access to the premium lounges. I got tickets through UNL for the Washington game in Seattle and that was the last time. Why spend all that money to get there and sit behind the goalpost in the EZ because NU's tickets always suck?

Nebraska is my team, you know, "Not the voctory, but the action" and all that. Just because we had a bad season and may lose doesn't mean I won't support the team and enjoy myself. I'll be at the tailgate.

Mission Ridge It's a great little hill. Has lot of acreage and vertical is decent 2200ft, but it only has 4 chairs. One quad high speed lift to the top. If you are willing to hike a little bit you can get some great off-run skiing in.
I looked at the trailmap, looks like a nice place. I would probably pass on Lemolo and Maggi (trees below), but would ski everything else. I haven't been up to Mammoth yet this year.

I looked at the trailmap, looks like a nice place. I would probably pass on Lemolo and Maggi (trees below), but would ski everything else. I haven't been up to Mammoth yet this year.

Maggi was epic on Thursday. One of my ski buddies has a operation in Fresno as well as here so he skis Mammoth all the time. He has a jet to go back and forth. When we are taking morning break up on the hill on Saturdays he is always telling us what we missed down there.

Why would you buy tickets at face value when they'll be sold outside the stadium for $5-$10???
Nothing wrong with saving a buck, my question was probably more about how many tickets will Nebraska sell and how many will travel, I haven't seen many ads for bowl tours. Nebraska is known for bringing fans and this is not the point in their history to lose that designation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT