ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian M

regoratsginrom

Blackshirt
May 15, 2004
Hearing he’s been benched. Won’t throw downfield and not listening. Actually feel bad for him as I our coaching staff ruined him.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don't know anything about AM's situation at KSU but there were plenty of games here he should have been pulled for a series or 3. Frost did AM, and the team, no favors by keeping a QB in who had 2 or 3 turnovers.

Maybe all AM needed was to see the game from the sideline for a bit. Reinsert him in the game later if needed and maybe he goes in feeling no pressure.

9 AM is still the starting quarterback for the Kansas State Wildcats. It’s just taking him a couple of games to get the Nebraska stink off of him. He has zero turnovers, but is being uber cautious and won’t cut it loose. Allegedly going through the progressions and ignoring open receivers downfield and settling for the safer underneath routes. There’s been a lot of blame going around, offensive coordinator being to vanilla and conservative with over emphasis on no mistakes instead of just playing the game & throwing the ball down the field or our wide receivers unable to get separation and being undersized. First year offensive coordinator, Colin Klein. Hopefully they get it together by Saturday when we go to Oklahoma.

9 AM is still the starting quarterback for the Kansas State Wildcats. It’s just taking him a couple of games to get the Nebraska stink off of him. He has zero turnovers, but is being uber cautious and won’t cut it loose. Allegedly going through the progressions and ignoring open receivers downfield and settling for the safer underneath routes. There’s been a lot of blame going around, offensive coordinator being to vanilla and conservative with over emphasis on no mistakes instead of just playing the game & throwing the ball down the field or our wide receivers unable to get separation and being undersized. First year offensive coordinator, Colin Klein. Hopefully they get it together by Saturday when we go to Oklahoma.
Oklahoma is going to kick your ass.

try swing passes

You explaining this to us, or trying to convince yourself? Because it really sounds like the latter. I fought several battles around here defending the guy over the years. He's not good. How much evidence do you need to see?

Good luck fixing him in a couple of practices.

Reactions: HugeCat
Now that more information has come out about frost lack of leadership a good chance frost and Adrian were drinking and smoking weed . Those two are attached at the hip
I wonder if they were after a lot of the same chicks?

You explaining this to us, or trying to convince yourself? Because it really sounds like the latter. I fought several battles around here defending the guy over the years. He's not good. How much evidence do you need to see?
AM is just a bad QB. He has averaged 4.6 yards per attempt, yielding 300 yards passing after three games. Admittingly, Kleinman must have schooled AM on turnovers as he has managed to not have any in 3 games which for him is a miracle

I like AM as a kid but he indirectly contributed to the bad culture during SF reign by being named the starter no matter how bad he played

Never in my life have I seen a qb have that many starts and actually was worst in year 4 than year 1

Frost gets $15MM. AM gets maybe a hundred grand in NIL and will never sniff an NFL paycheck. I get he will last longer at KSU than Frost did at Nebraska, but still dont' see how you figure AM won the divorce, unless he cut a deal with Frost that night Frost flew cross country to flip him from UTenn and he now gets 50% of Frost's settlement.

I never cared for him after he did his wiggle ass in the Iowa game. He “said” all the right things, but at the end of the day, he is the losingest QB to ever play at the University of Nebraska.

Hearing he’s been benched. Won’t throw downfield and not listening. Actually feel bad for him as I our coaching staff ruined him.
Oh for crap sakes. he has been the same player for his entire career. Our staff did nothing to him. They would be guilty of not developing him I guess like the rest of the 4 years rosters.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
lol. A little bit of both. I am a captain Kool-Aid, so there is always next week, there is always next year, never give up, never give in.

lol. A little bit of both. I am a captain Kool-Aid, so there is always next week, there is always next year, never give up, never give in.
I honestly hope he does well. Nebraska sucks and wishing him ill will won't make that better. Hopefully that buys me some credibility that I'm not just a bitter Nebraska fan when I say that I predict a lot of sorrow and disappointment for K-State fans if he remains your QB. I have a lot more faith that your coaching staff will figure out how to get the most out of him, but he's punched us in the balls one too many times.

You are seeing the problem with AM - he is not good at making big plays down the field. He threw into coverage far too often - which often resulted in turnovers; or he would hold the ball too long waiting for his guy to somehow clear double coverage and get sacked (also often resulting in turnovers).

He may be over-compensating the other way now; afraid of taking risks - which also diminishes his effectiveness. Even in the blow-out win over Missouri - that game was broken open by a punt return. AM bungled two 3Q drives after turnovers, forcing KSU to settle for FGs. Vaughn carried the load from there and KSU won big.

Against Tulane, KSU was awful and 3rd and 4th downs - the money downs - and ended up losing. We saw that Tulane game a few dozen times the past 4 years.

You are seeing the problem with AM - he is not good at making big plays down the field. He threw into coverage far too often - which often resulted in turnovers; or he would hold the ball too long waiting for his guy to somehow clear double coverage and get sacked (also often resulting in turnovers).

He may be over-compensating the other way now; afraid of taking risks - which also diminishes his effectiveness. Even in the blow-out win over Missouri - that game was broken open by a punt return. AM bungled two 3Q drives after turnovers, forcing KSU to settle for FGs. Vaughn carried the load from there and KSU won big.

Against Tulane, KSU was awful and 3rd and 4th downs - the money downs - and ended up losing. We saw that Tulane game a few dozen times the past 4 years.
No, no, no, K-State has a terrible offensive line and so did we. No one can expect Adrian to operate under those conditions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT