ADVERTISEMENT

ACC - PAC discussing partnership

perhaps UT has left some schools in its wake, but speaking strictly in terms of monetary success, you would have a hard time finding a more successful school than them over the past 40 years

and 3 years from now the Manning kid will be starting at quarterback as they make their way into the SEC.

w🤑w
Texas will be the first of 3 stops for Sir. Manning. GALLUP SAYS !
Sorry horned!

the ACC is smart and would not require that of ND

the ACC members are smart and also would agree to special terms with ND

the b1g will stand its ground based on hubris and imagined tradition, and thus will be undone
Except then the ACC members would fall far behind the SEC and B1G members in terms of revenue per team. But there's no way with or without Notre Dame that the ACC matches those revenue numbers. And ACC members wouldn't match the revenue with Notre Dame whether ND gets special privileges or not. That's just the reality of the situation.

Except then the ACC members would fall far behind the SEC and B1G members in terms of revenue per team. But there's no way with or without Notre Dame that the ACC matches those revenue numbers. And ACC members wouldn't match the revenue with Notre Dame whether ND gets special privileges or not. That's just the reality of the situation.
Disney is what will unite the ACC and SEC. Disney will pay a premium for Notre Dame, just like it has for other top tier entertainment properties (Star Wars, etc)

stability and the chance to compete for a national title on the biggest stages matter more to some than annual money

the B1G has sold everything for cash. I don’t expect anybody to follow in their footsteps, because - except the pac12 - nobody ever has. The ACC and SEC literally laugh at everything the B1G does while producing national champ after national champ.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Disney is what will unite the ACC and SEC. Disney will pay a premium for Notre Dame, just like it has for other top tier entertainment properties (Star Wars, etc)

stability and the chance to compete for a national title on the biggest stages matter more to some than annual money

the B1G has sold everything for cash. I don’t expect anybody to follow in their footsteps, because - except the pac12 - nobody ever has. The ACC and SEC literally laugh at everything the B1G does while producing national champ after national champ.
Except Disney (ie., ESPN) has been cutting back the last couple of years on expensive deals - they were burned by the Longhorn Network. And there's more media competition for the rights these days.

Except Disney (ie., ESPN) has been cutting back the last couple of years on expensive deals - they were burned by the Longhorn Network. And there's more media competition for the rights these days.
has anyone told this to ESPN?

last I saw, they were doling out multiple billions for 10 more years of NFL rights

The same arguments were made about the values of the B12 and B1G. We only cared about money and the B12 would be a player because they cared about playing On the biggest stages.

the two teams who had any chance of that left that shit conference and the rest of those clowns are being cast off into a third world sports wilderness.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
What if the B1G and SEC coordinated a raid on the ACC to crack the media rights contract? I assume there likely is a clause in the ACC media rights grant where it becomes null and void if a certain number of teams decide to leave the conference all at once. Just throwing that out there. The big dogs in the ACC would have a financial incentive to bolt the conference for the two super conferences.
It's called collusion.

The same arguments were made about the values of the B12 and B1G. We only cared about money and the B12 would be a player because they cared about playing On the biggest stages.

the two teams who had any chance of that left that shit conference and the rest of those clowns are being cast off into a third world sports wilderness.
from the looks of the OU and UT to the SEC deals, it's pretty obvious staying in the big12 would've unquestionably been the correct decision.

we took the bag far too early

Not a chance. Notre Dame is hammering out the last details with the BIG, that's why Washington and Oregon were told to wait until Notre Dame is in which will be soon. Washington and Oregon I believe have submitted requests to join the BIG but were told to wait for Notre Dame. Not a chance for Notre Dame to join the ACC when it's soon to be raided by the SEC, bye, bye Fla. State, Clemson, Miami, North Carlolina, Duke and Virginia.
O no! What about all those details that were being hammered out??

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Never bought ND to the B1G. Not saying I wouldn't welcome it, I just never thought it would actually happen.
With the B1G contract done, there’s not a whole lot the league can do for ND that ND can’t do for themselves

they’ll be in the $90M/year range all told (not just tv money) in 2025 - in the same ballpark as the top B1G schools (ohiost athletics makes assloads of revenue, like $200M)

It is going to be very funny when the ACC becomes the second ‘super conference’ while the B1G celebrates usc vs purdue at 8am Pacific
Seriously. You don't seem to understand that it will all be about TV sets and revenue - in other words MONEY - in future years and the B1G absolutely DWARFS everyone else. Start on the East Coast and NYC and work your way to the West Coast and L.A. Impressed yet? Or maybe you do and just can't face realization. If you're a B1G hater, you're in for a tough time in the next few years. LIVE WITH IT !

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Seriously. You don't seem to understand that it will all be about TV sets and revenue - in other words MONEY - in future years and the B1G absolutely DWARFS everyone else. Start on the East Coast and NYC and work your way to the West Coast and L.A. Impressed yet? Or maybe you do and just can't face realization. If you're a B1G hater, you're in for a tough time in the next few years. LIVE WITH IT !
On the contrary - I will find it infinitely more amusing to hate the b1g.

Rutgers! Northwestern! Behold our television revenueeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

lol what a f’in dork

With the B1G contract done, there’s not a whole lot the league can do for ND that ND can’t do for themselves

they’ll be in the $90M/year range all told (not just tv money) in 2025 - in the same ballpark as the top B1G schools (ohiost athletics makes assloads of revenue, like $200M)
The one thing ND fans fear - go to their boards - is if they absolutely keep refusing to join a conference, they'll be eventually shut out of the CFP and have trouble scheduling the bigtime CF teams that will be part of conferences (USC is their main rival)

Reactions: BleedRed78
The one thing ND fans fear - go to their boards - is if they absolutely keep refusing to join a conference, they'll be eventually shut out of the CFP and have trouble scheduling the bigtime CF teams that will be part of conferences (USC is their main rival)
I’m willing to bet 2 things:

1. there isn’t a single ND grad on those boards

2. there has been zero mention of this utterly ridiculous scenario with the powers that be

I am no ND fan, but they swing a gigantic hammer when it comes to politics (and cash)

It is going to be very funny when the ACC becomes the second ‘super conference’ while the B1G celebrates usc vs purdue at 8am Pacific
Yea....ACC super-power like primetime Duke vs Oregon/Washington/Stanford.

Keep on trucking though with anything anti-big10.

On the contrary - I will find it infinitely more amusing to hate the b1g.

Rutgers! Northwestern! Behold our television revenueeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

lol what a f’in dork
You don't think that when Rutgers and Northwestern plays teams like OSU, Michigan, PSU that they don't draw as many fans as some of the Nebraska games - and their state TV market of 1.9 million viewers - in Chicago and NYC? And you're talking about two bottom feeder teams. Travel around the B1G boards and the first team mentioned when asked about an iffy, recent addition to the conference is Nebraska (only non-AAU school) and their massive state population. Many people on here complain about the B1G but maybe - just maybe - it's because Nebraska hasn't won zilch since joining the conference. Another 3-9 year in 2022? But you'll sure grab that B1G payout money, won't you?

• Haha
You don't think that when Rutgers and Northwestern plays teams like OSU, Michigan, PSU that they don't draw as many fans as some of the Nebraska games - and their state TV market of 1.9 million viewers - in Chicago and NYC? And you're talking about two bottom feeder teams. Travel around the B1G boards and the first team mentioned when asked about an iffy, recent addition to the conference is Nebraska (only non-AAU school) and their massive state population. Many people on here complain about the B1G but maybe - just maybe - it's because Nebraska hasn't won zilch since joining the conference. Another 3-9 year in 2022? But you'll sure grab that B1G payout money, won't you?
clown B1G fans like you are so easy to make fun of. I almost feel bad. Almost.

Do you also go around pounding your chest about how much your fave pro team is worth?

The best part - he has no idea how pathetic he looks

My portion of the B1G money is the same as yours - ZERO

clown B1G fans like you are so easy to make fun of. I almost feel bad. Almost.

Do you also go around pounding your chest about how much your fave pro team is worth?

The best part - he has no idea how pathetic he looks

My portion of the B1G money is the same as yours - ZERO
3-9? Move back to the Big 12 (or what's left of it) and I'm sure that record can improve

Michigan fan, talking NFL:

"I am a Lions fan. sure, we don't have any trophies since the 1960s, but our franchise went up 2% in value last year!"

I am also going to take this moment to say michigan will lose 3 games this year, minimum. they stink

what was it like to be alive during all of bo schembeckler's national title runs?
I'm not living in the past. I'll get to watch my Wolves and Jim roll to his 2nd straight B1G title this year and destroy those whimps from Columbus - AGAIN. One thing for sure, we won't be playing Nebraska in the B1G championship game. GO BLUE !!!!

• Haha
Why is AAU status such a hard on conversation topic in B10? Is not the only reason NU was dropped from this epic pecker rubbing status because our med center is located off campus? I’m not committed to that assumption because I couldn’t give less ****s enough about it to look it up.

Why is AAU status such a hard on conversation topic in B10? Is not the only reason NU was dropped from this epic pecker rubbing status because our med center is located off campus? I’m not committed to that assumption because I couldn’t give less ****s enough about it to look it up.
It's not but a lot of fun to see people on this site get worked up when it's mentioned

It's not but a lot of fun to see people on this site get worked up when it's mentioned
Because the majority of the nitwits don’t know the reason why some Big 10 schools voted against Nebraska losing AAU status.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT