ADVERTISEMENT

5 Seed in NIT

Well the NIT at least got me interested....now im pissed and want us to win even more than i did before.

Lets hope the team feels the same.

Reactions: timnsun and 9and4
Big slap in the face, to the players/fans taking away a home game.

Real boat load of BS today and sadly, nobody will care outside of Nebraska, but its a shame.

The entire selection process by NCAA/NIT is a friggin joke right now.

Reactions: regionsdoc
There were 16 teams ahead of us acocording to our seed.
Beating kansas doesnt put us there.

Indiana with our exact schedule would be in the tourney.

This is about the name on the jersey, nothing else.

Oh yeah, totally agree. NU and PSU are labeled as football schools in the CBB world.

Crazy to think Kansas beat Nebraska by a point, both go 13-5 in conference play. Kansas is a #1 seed, Nebraska has to travel to BFE Mississippi.

That move to the Big Ten really helped the basketball program huh?

All things aren't equal. You guys have a great facility and a home court advantage now. And are playing schools that you aren't familiar with, which is good and bad. Kansas is bitch whipping the blind. They have taken so many beatings, they all root for KU.

Crazy to think Kansas beat Nebraska by a point, both go 13-5 in conference play. Kansas is a #1 seed, Nebraska has to travel to BFE Mississippi.

That move to the Big Ten really helped the basketball program huh?

Kansas played everyone twice in the #1 RPI conference. Nebraska played 77, 114, 169, 171, 181, and 203 twice. Yea that’s equal.

Kansas played everyone twice in the #1 RPI conference. Nebraska played 77, 114, 169, 171, 181, and 203 twice. Yea that’s equal.

Why bother paying conference games then? Use the RPI at the end of the non-conference season and assign the highest RPI conference 9 bids and the lowest 4. Then have the non-majors play a conference tournament to determine their participant.

By the way, teams get better and worse over the course of the season. I would take Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana straight up over OU and Texas right now.

Why bother paying conference games then? Use the RPI at the end of the non-conference season and assign the highest RPI conference 9 bids and the lowest 4. Then have the non-majors play a conference tournament to determine their participant.

By the way, teams get better and worse over the course of the season. I would take Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana straight up over OU and Texas right now.

Who is saying don’t play conference games? I’ve repeatedly pointed out that when you play 18 conference games and have 14 teams, any particular team is 8 games short of playing everyone in the conference twice. Nebraska got an absolutely $#*% conference schedule this year and it bit us in the ass.

The conference I believe is going to 20 conference games, but that is still 6 games short of playing everyone. Still could be a potential problem.

With 14 teams, there’s going to be the potential of a team getting screwed by their schedule, unless they decide they want to go to 26 conference games.

lmao...new animal to determine the 66th best team or some BS? Decline the invite, make a statement. We aren't playing to be the best 66th team in the country.

Why field a team at all? The NIT is an extension of the NCAA process today.

UVA parlayed a NIT experience into the NCAAs.

Nebraska and PSU can benefit from the opportunity. As can any of the 30 other teams.

Reactions: saluno22
Nebraska is getting an opportunity to make a statement.

The NIT is a new animal today with the format used and the automatic bids.
Does anybody even remember who wins the NIT from year to year? Nobody pays attention because all the attention is on the Big Dance. They could dominate every game and win the thing and nobody would care. The NIT is equivalent to low level bowl games in football. Not important and a waste of time to play in and watch.
Nebraska should pass, take the kids on a trip to Disney, and declare themselves National Champs. We just have to believe we are good and deserve it right?Just like UCF did. ;) RollingLaugh

What I find so weird is all season they said the Big 10 was weak but yet when it came time to seed the teams, you've got a 2 seed, two 3 seeds and a 5 seed. So 3 of the top 16 teams in the country and it's a weak conference? So bizarre.
Whoa whoa whoa with the logic there....you don't want to buck the media mantra.

Road game; opponent has a pulse; tournament game...this is not exactly NU’s wheelhouse.
ouch-gif.gif

NIT didn't even make a good business move. Mississippi State's gym holds a max of 11,000 people and they average around 7K in attendance. Nebraksa's gym holds 15K and is a top 10 school in attendance. You tell me which arena would bring more people. Even if some husker fans state they'd boycott the NIT, NU would still sell a lot more tickets then the dump arena of MSU.

Way to be spiteful NIT. Get a clue.

As you all probably know from my posts before the selection committee picked the field of 68 I am not happy in the slightest. Also I am tired of hearing about how USC, Oklahoma State and Middle Tennessee got more screwed than us.

First, I agree that USC and Middle Tennessee got screwed, but not any worse than us. Oklahoma State on the other hand lost 10 games in their conference, hence having an 8-10 Record. All 4 teams that were 8-10 should of been left out, and so should Alabama and Syracuse.

I'm not here to argue anymore that Nebraska didn't get into the Tournament, I am here now to discuss their NIT seeding. I know it has been said in multiple ways, but I want to share with you this. You guys tell me with a straight face and no anti-Nebraska basketball\Creighton fan syndrome how this is even possible

According to ESPN/Kenpom

Stanford (3 Seed in the NIT)

• Overall Record = 18-15
  • Conference Record = 11-7
  • Kenpom: 84
  • BPI: 98
  • SOS: 70
  • SOR: 95
  • RPI: 81

Nebraska(5 Seed in the NIT)

• Overall Record = 22-10
  • Conference Record = 13-5
  • Kenpom: 57
  • BPI: 63
  • SOS: 58
  • SOR: 31
  • RPI: 56
First before you start raddling off it's all about the Q1 and Q2 wins like every argument against Nebraska does... I want you to look at those numbers real close and tell me Stanford should be in the NIT field let alone a 3 Seed. Hell they should be behind Indiana and Maryland let alone Nebraska in the NIT field. This Stanford team that has no business being mentioned in the same breath as Nebraska this year, and it is a big part of why we don't have a home game this year in the NIT.

This is beyond Quadrants, this is flat out wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
NIT didn't even make a good business move. Mississippi State's gym holds a max of 11,000 people and they average around 7K in attendance. Nebraksa's gym holds 15K and is a top 10 school in attendance. You tell me which arena would bring more people. Even if some husker fans state they'd boycott the NIT, NU would still sell a lot more tickets then the dump arena of MSU.

Way to be spiteful NIT. Get a clue.

For whatever reason the NIT appears to have used this metrix for ranking the teams. Compare the Top 50 RPI records and the SOS. I can find 4 teams who had a worse SOS, and 4 who also had only 1 or zero top 50 RPI wins. Don't ask me to explain their formula. Scroll down past the auto qualifiers to the NIT listings.

http://www.kpisports.net/d-i_mbb/2018kpi-d1mbb/

There were 16 teams ahead of us acocording to our seed.
Beating kansas doesnt put us there.

Indiana with our exact schedule would be in the tourney.

This is about the name on the jersey, nothing else.
Just about any "basketball" school that had our record would have been in. No question. The ONLY thing that kept us out is because we are Nebraska

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Just about any "basketball" school that had our record would have been in. No question. The ONLY thing that kept us out is because we are Nebraska

Like Louisville? Oregon? I don't agree with every team in the field, but Nebraska's numbers kept them out.

BS.gif

Reactions: TheNewNU
As you all probably know from my posts before the selection committee picked the field of 68 I am not happy in the slightest. Also I am tired of hearing about how USC, Oklahoma State and Middle Tennessee got more screwed than us.

First, I agree that USC and Middle Tennessee got screwed, but not any worse than us. Oklahoma State on the other hand lost 10 games in their conference, hence having an 8-10 Record. All 4 teams that were 8-10 should of been left out, and so should Alabama and Syracuse.

I'm not here to argue anymore that Nebraska didn't get into the Tournament, I am here now to discuss their NIT seeding. I know it has been said in multiple ways, but I want to share with you this. You guys tell me with a straight face and no anti-Nebraska basketball\Creighton fan syndrome how this is even possible

According to ESPN/Kenpom

Stanford (3 Seed in the NIT)

• Overall Record = 18-15
  • Conference Record = 11-7
  • Kenpom: 84
  • BPI: 98
  • SOS: 70
  • SOR: 95
  • RPI: 81

Nebraska(5 Seed in the NIT)

• Overall Record = 22-10
  • Conference Record = 13-5
  • Kenpom: 57
  • BPI: 63
  • SOS: 58
  • SOR: 31
  • RPI: 56
First before you start raddling off it's all about the Q1 and Q2 wins like every argument against Nebraska does... I want you to look at those numbers real close and tell me Stanford should be in the NIT field let alone a 3 Seed. Hell they should be behind Indiana and Maryland let alone Nebraska in the NIT field. This Stanford team that has no business being mentioned in the same breath as Nebraska this year, and it is a big part of why we don't have a home game this year in the NIT.

This is beyond Quadrants, this is flat out wrong.

http://www.kpisports.net/d-i_mbb/2018kpi-d1mbb/

Like it or not, doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT