ADVERTISEMENT

5 for 5!! All N!!

And for much of the 80s and into the 90s, his strength and conditioning program put all others to shame. Neb could make a 210 pound Neil Smith with only an offer from Grambling into a 260 pound phenom. Or see Danny Noonan go from 195 pounds as a Sr at Lincoln Northeast to a 280 pound, strong as fu@& force after 2 years in the program. S&C was an actually a huuuge aid to TO and development. Eppley and company were huge assets.
drugs jimmy GIF by South Park

Yep. There were years that Neb landed top classes. Maybe 4 in TOs tenure - mostly in the 90s with one very highly ranked class in 1985. But eye for talent, development and strength and conditioning - which at one time was light years above anyone else helped define his success. But he had a great formula - always landed 3-4 difference makers sprinkled in with a lot of underated (under the radar) guys. His system worked to perfection. I remember my brother’s class (1990) - TO said on signing day that it was a difficult deal (recruiting to Neb). That class was the base that helped him win his first Natty.
Yep, Class was deemed horrible and he said nobody wanted to come that year. I want to say Mark Gilman was in that class. Set the stage.

And for much of the 80s and into the 90s, his strength and conditioning program put all others to shame. Dianabol and Test could make a 210 pound Neil Smith with only an offer from Grambling into a 260 pound phenom. Or see Danny Noonan decide to take Vitamin S because it was legal back then and go from 195 pounds as a Sr at Lincoln Northeast to a 280 pound, strong as fu@& force after 2 years in the program. Winstrol was an actually a huuuge aid to TO and explosiveness in the cone drills and vert testing. Eppley and company were huge assets when paired with dealers who could get ample supplies of gear.
Fixed it for ya.

• Love
Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Wish we could have got a proven rb but I'll take this guy for sure. I see Louisville got the MAC OPOY at rb.

No. The split legs make it look like he’s jumping higher than he really is but that’s an athletic move. Not photoshopped at all. Old farts will remember guys high jumping using the scissor technique.
And if those are indeed shadows I see from DD's feet, he's a yard or so behind Raiola, like that time Kobe Bryant "jumped over" a car 🤪

Still a slick shot, hope he's all N.

I agree about Callahan. Therefore, I would contend that Rhule is our best recruiter since Osborne.
How so?
He hasn't proven out any players. Callahan's recruits were all timers some of them. Rhule's guys are just names on a list at this point.

If we get Banks and Dowdell, that will suffice for now. I think we can put together a 9 or 10 win team next year and will never settle for the "just make a bowl game" standard again.. GBR.

That would help our offense for sure, but I think we still need help at ILB. I would also like to see a starting OG, but it doesn’t seem like the staff is targeting one.

This is the transfer visitor I most want. IMO RB is the greatest need given the injuries last year. Need a strong potential rushing game to balance out what we hope will be a strong passing game next season.
Ditto! Most important position to snag a stud

Calvin Jones was in that class. Donta Jones. Zach Weigert. Rob Zatecka. Christian Peter. Dewayne Harris
You also had 2 QBs - Matt Jones and Todd Gragnano. Which was interesting. Neither were QBs with ability to be effective running the option. At that time was TO thinking about taking the O in a different direction?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT