ADVERTISEMENT

4 star portal RB coming to town!!

Allen left when the previous RB coach was not retained. This is not like the Thompson situation where Rhule told Charles and Casey Thompson that if it were him he would transfer.
EJ Barthell was hired November 29, 2022. Ajay Allen left April 30, 2023....

If the coach wants any credibility in his room he's gotta call out any slacking.
One season, I had two good players, really good, and I let them slack and miss practices when they were "hurt" because I needed them for the games.

It ruined the season for me, I hated it and we sucked that year.

like helu? just fast on the football field
Who was the big RB we had who transferred to Montana or Montana State. We couldn’t tackle him in the spring game but he never played so he left. Similar size and speed.

Depth chart. I think think they burned his redshirt too as a frosh (not sure if that factored in)
Ok. So he was not good enough to beat out those ahead of him on the depth chart. This is what I wanted to know. His high ranking out of high school may not have panned-out on the college level.

Ok. So he was not good enough to beat out those ahead of him on the depth chart. This is what I wanted to know. His high ranking out of high school may not have panned-out on the college level.
True freshman last year. He and the other true freshman both had very similar number of touches and yards. Jr, soph, jr ahead of them

True freshman last year. He and the other true freshman both had very similar number of touches and yards. Jr, soph, jr ahead of them
So climbing uphill against talented veterans and with another talented freshman. He might be really good then but wants a clearer path to being the top dog in the RB room. Good to know

And don’t forget about his huge blunder in the Minnesota game that ultimately cost us a bowl game.
As I mentioned in another thread, if people spend all their time hating on Satterfield and Coach Raiola, it prevents them from taking a hard look at the running back recruiting/coaching. After this year the assistant coach's two year contracts are due. I know Barthel has been with Rhule a long time. But if Rhule truly believes he owes winning football to people in Ainsworth and elsewhere who put their trust in him....it may be time to get a better RB coach.

As I mentioned in another thread, if people spend all their time hating on Satterfield and Coach Raiola, it prevents them from taking a hard look at the running back recruiting/coaching. After this year the assistant coach's two year contracts are due. I know Barthel has been with Rhule a long time. But if Rhule truly believes he owes winning football to people in Ainsworth and elsewhere who put their trust in him....it may be time to get a better RB coach.
To be fair, we had some awful RB injuries and he got a redshirt freshman playing at a pretty high level. He had Lacy committed and we lost him to the SEC. Our failing to get bowl eligible made it pretty easy to negatively recruit against us. After Lacey decommitted they didn’t have a plan B they felt was an upgrade to the room so they decided to go after a portal guy.

Guess who I am:

"This guy is a bum. I've watched his film and he dips his hips away from contact. I could tell he was no good after 2 seconds. It's really not hard. You guys suck and I'm the only one who knows stuff. I know lots of inside stuff but now I'm not going to share it."
This guy's HS film looks really good. He's not as proven as some of the other RB's in the portal and not exactly easy to see where his ceiling actually is at this point. If he comes here, I think he plays a bunch. Not sure if he'd be our best back or not... If you wanted to know my opinion, you could have just asked.

Last edited:
He was a true freshman. Any true freshman that gets playing time and contributes, let alone on a top 10 team, is a positive sign.

Last edited:
This guy's HS film looks really good. He's not as proven as some of the other RB's in the portal and not exactly easy to see where his ceiling actually is at this point. If he comes here, I think he plays a bunch. Not sure if he'd be our best back or not... If you wanted to know my opinion, you could have just asked.
I don't need to know your opinion. You're a pompous ass and you've laid down the posts to prove it.

• Wow
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Random thought-
pretty sure it was Tre Bryant (but maybe someone else?) put out his highlight film and his first play was showing pass protection. Coach Riley was instantly smitten over that, and I’d have to agree it would show a HS kid who “gets it.”

Too bad Tre’s career didn’t work out.

*I tried to look up Tre’s hudl film and they got junior highlights on lockdown.

Random thought-
pretty sure it was Tre Bryant (but maybe someone else?) put out his highlight film and his first play was showing pass protection. Coach Riley was instantly smitten over that, and I’d have to agree it would show a HS kid who “gets it.”

Too bad Tre’s career didn’t work out.

*I tried to look up Tre’s hudl film and they got junior highlights on lockdown.
Agree on Tre's career not working out. Tre was a warrior. He was hurt a lot and still played. Respected the hell out of him and Rahmir reminds me of him a lot.

I don't need to know your opinion. You're a pompous ass and you've laid down the posts to prove it.
Explain in the post where I was a pompous ass? I'd like to know if you have evidence.

First thing that came to mind. Fumbles? Curious enough to check H.S. stats. Jr./ Sr. Years, 28 games played, 662 carries, 9 fumbles, 5 lost. That's 1 fumble every 3 games, 1 lost possession every 5.5 games. That's where I start and end after last season and everybody else can take it from there. Hope those numbers hold in college if he ends up here. Maybe better would be nice too.

Reactions: Laner2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT