ADVERTISEMENT

4 star portal RB coming to town!!

Going from MS to OR is a pretty stark change

It’s not all about not wanting to compete or feeling entitled

Kid probably just hates dirty hippies

Yes, I understand all of that. But I am just suspicious quite often of the actual talent level of transfer guys since we are dealing with a pool of players who, barring a coaching change or something like that, transfer from their original school because they did not want to compete with a "loaded" room. I would rather think that they are transferring to a better and more lucrative NIL situation than the idea that they were just prima donnas who felt like they should be the starter and then got impatient when that did not happen.
The dude was rated as one of the top ten backs in the nation. He played as a frosh at a top program. The problem is they burned a redshirt for 19 carries ? He has 1800 yards of production in front of him again next year ( 2 backs ). What if they if they barely play him again. Dude is looking out for himself. Big time programs load up and some kids leave, welcome to modern times.

Statistically speaking, there is a 100% chance McCord is a one and done.
Explaining Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Reactions: Hoboken Joe
Fleming apparently is committed to Penn State but just hasn't announced it yet. He announced an NIL deal with a local dealer there which let the cat out of the bag.
Ain’t over until the fat lady sings.. so hopefully lizzo ain’t singing anytime soon

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
Might be a really bad take on my part, but I just dont see the upside of Ervin. Even when healthy, he seems very underwhelming, not a difference maker imo...definitely ready to see some fresh faces in the RB room.
I'm not a fan of how much mass he added to his upper body. RB's are supposed to be elusive, not bodybuilders.

Reactions: V-Doub
So why is he leaving Oregon? Not casting shade here. I hope we get him. But would like to know.
This is the best explanation I heard... The #6-#9 back in the 2023 class. Played six games. Oregon burned his redshirt for no apparent reason. All of the Oregon backs are coming back next year. He doesn't want to be going into his 3rd year without having played much. All of these top backs expect to go pro after three seasons.

Might be a really bad take on my part, but I just dont see the upside of Ervin. Even when healthy, he seems very underwhelming, not a difference maker imo...definitely ready to see some fresh faces in the RB room.
He hasn't stayed healthy but also at this point, will be even be the same player that he was once projected to be? I remember that kid from USC who transferred in. Labeled a four star his junior year in HS-- was a one star by the time he transferred to NU because of all of the injuries. Same thing happened to Nick Henrich and several others. If they lose a step, they won't be the player they used to be.

Reactions: huskerfan66
That's what I heard. Also heard that AA didn't like EJ calling him out during drills. Not saying its true, just what I heard/read.
He was checked out. Apparently, he didn't want to stay at NU after the position coach who brought him in was replaced. So he stuck around for whatever money he was getting and then bolted first chance he got.

Did that Dr actually examine him? If so, he shouldn't be talking about it. If not, how could he possibly know the details of the injury to make such a prognosis?
There’s been enough released publicly about his injury and subsequent recovery to make some pretty accurate assessment of where he’s at. There’s been social media posts with him working out. There’s no HIPPA connotations on discussing somebody’s public rehab progress. He was speaking in general terms given what has been in the media.

Reactions: BleedRed78
There’s been enough released publicly about his injury and subsequent recovery to make some pretty accurate assessment of where he’s at. There’s been social media posts with him working out. There’s no HIPPA connotations on discussing somebody’s public rehab progress. He was speaking in general terms given what has been in the media.

Ah, gotcha. Good to hear then.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If we land Dowdell I would think Ervin thinks about moving on elsewhere.
And that would be crazy IMO. With all the injuries and the need to rotate backs even if they aren't injured it makes no sense for him to move. Running backs aren't like quarterbacks because more than one can have significant playing time.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Ah, gotcha. Good to hear then.
FWIW he is good friends with the docs who do work with the team but our discussion was just general prognosis given what is public knowledge. They are very careful to make sure they’re not disclosing private information.

There’s still some concern on my part about his long term future but I’m not an orthopedic surgeon. I would still wonder about the potential for reinjury similar to what we see with dislocated shoulders at times. Hope he does well. He’s a good guy.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If we land Dowdell I would think Ervin thinks about moving on elsewhere.
Dowdrell out of HS (2023) - 5.9 4*, #109 natl, #6 RB.
Ervin out of HS (2021) - 5.7 3*, #23 RB.
I'll trade Ervin to the portal for Dowdrell.
Also, super dick move by the Ducks to burn the kids redshirt in a blow out win against ASU. Strong probability his portal decision was made that day.

Dowdrell out of HS (2023) - 5.9 4*, #109 natl, #6 RB.
Ervin out of HS (2021) - 5.7 3*, #23 RB.
I'll trade Ervin to the portal for Dowdrell.
Also, super dick move by the Ducks to burn the kids redshirt in a blow out win against ASU. Strong probability his portal decision was made that day.
Ervin's HS film was really good. I think it looked every bit as good as DD's. Problem is I think he's bulked up too much and he's had a ton of injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT