ADVERTISEMENT

3-4 or 4-3

If it is Snow, he was a4-3 guy in the past but he sort of created a 3-3-5 at Baylor their last season there
Baylor had some talented safeties that year. I think 2 were drafted. I wonder if it just made sense kind of like when Nebraska had Eric Hagg.

Honestly, our defense wasn’t bad this year when we were moving the ball instead of 3 and outs. Mickey did a good job. I think Rhule, if he’s in this for the right reasons, can make our roster into winners of the west.

We’ve just hired so many bozos lately I’m not getting excited over anyone, even though I favored a few other guys

ETA: Nevermind, I’m thinking of Aranda’s team last year and those safeties

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73 and 1fsb
Baylor had some talented safeties that year. I think 2 were drafted. I wonder if it just made sense kind of like when Nebraska had Eric Hagg.

Honestly, our defense wasn’t bad this year when we were moving the ball instead of 3 and outs. Mickey did a good job. I think Rhule, if he’s in this for the right reasons, can make our roster into winners of the west.

We’ve just hired so many bozos lately I’m not getting excited over anyone, even though I favored a few other guys

ETA: Nevermind, I’m thinking of Aranda’s team last year and those safeties
I think it had to do with the style of play in the Big 12 at the time.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see the 3-3-5, because of the confusion it causes offenses moving one of the 3 safety's (call him a rover or hawk) where they want him, including using him as a blitzer or sub him for a DT or DE against power run offenses. Being different while most play a 4-3 may have some advantages.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see the 3-3-5, because of the confusion it causes offenses moving one of the 3 safety's (call him a rover or hawk) where they want him, including using him as a blitzer or sub him for a DT or DE against power run offenses. Being different while most play a 4-3 may have some advantages.
Gifford would make an amazing hawk position. Maybe Wright too

If I remember Baylor, he likes an attacking D that pressures the QB, could be difference in the Big 10, we'll see.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Let’s just start with the basics.. like tackling in space, defensive end’s holding the edge, linebackers being gap sound, defensive backs catching balls thrown to them..😉

I’d love for some cats here to draw up the differences between a “3-4” and a “4-3” vs multiple formations and then realize how much a 3-4, 4-2-5, and 4-3 overlap.

Reactions: Juan Malo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT