Tristian Alavano
Eric Fields
Jaylon Lloyd
Jason Magiejczak
Sam Sledge
Kai Wallin

Last edited:
all 6 should see a good amount of run this fall, assuming health

CT when protected was very good. He will have an improved weapon set and when you look at football over time the things he has done you don’t often see benched.
Tons of quality experience, high production rate, leader, senior, takes care of the football, good feet/feel. Lower Ceiling, Higher Floor

Sims has better arm strength and speed but that doesn’t make him a better player. Higher Ceiling, Lower floor.

If fully healthy CT is the bet to be the starter unless Sims makes the leap that he never made at GT

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think Ben Scott will have the biggest immediate impact. Unless CT isn't healthy. Kemp if healthy should boost both the receiver corp and the return game.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm not king Blackshirt, but...

The guy is simply not an accurate passer. Unless the scheme is tweaked for some serious QB run or a dink-and-dunk passing game; it will not be ideal.
I’m sure you’re correct about not as accurate as Thompson is, but Thompson may not be able to use his feet as well as Sims brings to this offense..

Reactions: 67Bearcat
I’m sure you’re correct about not as accurate as Thompson is, but Thompson may not be able to use his feet as well as Sims brings to this offense..
I doubt CT runs as good as Sims but I would sure love to know why CT refused to scramble last year. Was it coaching? He can't be afraid to get hit because he got hit anyway. Can't remember a qb refusing to throw it away and avoid sacks like he did last year.

Reactions: scarletred
I doubt CT runs as good as Sims but I would sure love to know why CT refused to scramble last year. Was it coaching? He can't be afraid to get hit because he got hit anyway. Can't remember a qb refusing to throw it away and avoid sacks like he did last year.
He’s fragile

Reactions: scarletred
CT when protected was very good. He will have an improved weapon set and when you look at football over time the things he has done you don’t often see benched.
Tons of quality experience, high production rate, leader, senior, takes care of the football, good feet/feel. Lower Ceiling, Higher Floor

Sims has better arm strength and speed but that doesn’t make him a better player. Higher Ceiling, Lower floor.

If fully healthy CT is the bet to be the starter unless Sims makes the leap that he never made at GT
Nebraska hasn't had decent protection for a qb in 27 years, the product of constantly shifting from option, to pro style, to run-spread, to pro-style, to oregon spread, to whatever Rhule comes up with. IF we win games this year it will be close games with good field position, good special teams and it helps to have a big qb who can convert 3rd downs. CT lacks durability and is reticent to scramble and really only threw to two wr last year, one will be in the NFL. Glad we have him but the offense was the weak-link despite having all-conference talent at skill positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT