ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

Does anyone have any idea on Butler's recruiting prowess? We all know he can coach. Up there with the best. I've seen videos of him connecting to his players in the NFL. Does this translate to recruiting ability?
I would guess that it does, but no evidence to support it. Hopefully his eval skills are top notch and he can find us some future All-Americans.

To be fair all the above are D1 on paper. Still needs to be proven on the field outside of some flasher here and there. None of the above has shown any level of D1 consistency.
No, most have proven to be capable D1 players. I'm not talking about all conference.

Webber took official visits to five programs, but eliminated Baylor and Oregon State at the end of the process.

This week, he broke down each of his final three in preparation of this weekend's announcement.

Nebraska Cornhuskers: “It’s sad to say coach (Evan) Cooper left, but they were my first offer sophomore year when I first started transitioning from wide receiver to defensive back. They’ve had trust in me and that’s had a really big role. We’ve had that relationship a long time.”

“Another factor is how consistent they’ve been reaching out. It was Coop, but it wasn’t just him. It was coach (Tony) White and my hosts. The whole staff has a very strong bond. Seeing how coach (Matt) Rhule is over there and seeing the offense - with Dylan (Raiola) they’ve built the offense up in the last class. I think they could go a long way.”
Regardless of where he ends up, Webber indicated he intends to enroll early in the hopes of getting a fast start toward leaning the playbook and getting his body ready for the college game.

“I’m taking classes to enroll early,” he said. “I’ll graduate, I want to say sometime in December, then I’ll be able to enroll (at college) in late December or early January.”

Webber, a 247Sports composite four-star prospect, is rated highest by ESPN, which lists him as the nation's No. 176 overall prospect and No. 18 cornerback.

Rivals team rankings at this point:
1. OSU
3. Oregon
7. Penn st
12.Wisconsin
13. Rutgers
14. Michigan
18. Washington
23. Maryland
24. USC
33. Minnesota
40. UCLA
42. Indiana
45. Nebraska

Concerns?

1. OSU
3. Oregon
7. Penn st
12.Wisconsin
13. Rutgers
14. Michigan
18. Washington
23. Maryland
24. USC
33. Minnesota
40. UCLA
42. Indiana
45. Nebraska

Concerns?
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done

1. OSU
3. Oregon
7. Penn st
12.Wisconsin
13. Rutgers
14. Michigan
18. Washington
23. Maryland
24. USC
33. Minnesota
40. UCLA
42. Indiana
45. Nebraska

Concerns?
It's like your concern of not having an out-of-state commit by March. So no, no concerns.

Reactions: headcard
It's like your concern of not having an out-of-state commit by March. So no, no concerns.
We were a little behind the standard pace back then, and months later we are now 13th in the conference. We have never been 13th in conference recruiting rankings with 5 months to go. 70% of Rivals Top 100 are already committed somewhere, so there are fewer difference makers that could possibly consider us.

Of course, a lot can change in the next 5 months. We could go 8-4, build some excitement, and maybe pull one these studs we’ve been missing out on.

But just as likely, Raoila could get injured, we could go 3-9, and lose the better players we thought we had.

We were a little behind the standard pace back then, and months later we are now 13th in the conference. We have never been 13th in conference recruiting rankings with 5 months to go. 70% of Rivals Top 100 are already committed somewhere, so there are fewer difference makers that could possibly consider us.

Of course, a lot can change in the next 5 months. We could go 8-4, build some excitement, and maybe pull one these studs we’ve been missing out on.

But just as likely, Raoila could get injured, we could go 3-9, and lose the better players we thought we had.
lots of speculation… Ohio State could lose to Oregon and Michigan and Day might get fired, leading to an exodus of recruits.

Franklin could bolt for another high profile job and Penn State could lose recruits.

Michigan could lose 3 games and fire some assistant coaches, leading to recruits heading elsewhere.

Would I prefer to have higher rated recruits? Absolutely. But Rhule has repeatedly stated that what he looks for in recruits don’t automatically equal the highest rated recruits. So we’ll see how everything shakes out in the end. Worrying about it now will only give me heartburn.

It’s hard to find examples, not necessarily because it can’t happen. It’s more because it’s a super unique position to be in. How teams are in Nebraska position?

Rarely does a team land a 5 star QB without high level talent and without someone that is in front of them. Nebraska is in a weird position of landing a top QB and not having a good QB on the roster to compete with. And landing him without having a high end roster.

So I’m not sure it is hard to find examples because the QBs don’t do it or this situation is crazy rare.

I was gonna say just this. Most 5* QBs go to programs loaded with talent and almost always have a good upperclassman ahead of them on the roster. Our situation is extremely unique. I honestly can’t think of another 5* QB that’s gone to a team outside the projected top 50 teams nationally. Only one I can sorta think of is when Josh Freeman went to KSU? And he wasn’t a 5* either, high 4* and in the top 100/250 nationally, but not nearly as highly ranked as Raiola.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

If we looked at average recruit ranking where would we rank in the conference?
I was under the impression we wouldn’t have a large class and lesser volume equals lower ranking.
I’m not being facetious, I’m genuinely curious how our average stars would rank us

We need to win, but if the "sky is falling" brigade isn't at least a little encouraged by how Rhule has been ahead of the curve in pretty much every aspect of running the program (ie. replacing Cooper with the most productive DB coach in the NFL) the only explanation is that they actually enjoy being in a perpetual state of pessimism and angst.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
We need to win, but if the "sky is falling" brigade isn't at least a little encouraged by how Rhule has been ahead of the curve in pretty much every aspect of running the program (ie. replacing Cooper with the most productive DB coach in the NFL) the only explanation is that they actually enjoy being in a perpetual state of pessimism and angst.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Sky is falling brigade ^ ^ ^

Reactions: leodisflowers
If we looked at average recruit ranking where would we rank in the conference?
I was under the impression we wouldn’t have a large class and lesser volume equals lower ranking.
I’m not being facetious, I’m genuinely curious how our average stars would rank us
Barely behind Wisc and Wash. 7th, at 3.2 avg star. That doesn't account for a 5.7 3 star vs a 5.5. Washington and Wisconsin sit at 3.24avg star

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT