ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

Lots of highly ranked guys, so far we are losing more of those than not. Have to start winning games. Beating the buggs would open eyes. Getting to 6-1 or 7-0 would open eyes. We missed on Merritt, the O line that went to Auburn, have to get more than a few of the top tier targets. CJ would be huge, either of the OT and MT +CM. Another top end D line would be great too.
Need to show real improvement this year. Also, NIL needs to up its game.

Meh. I think the value of having a degree from these woke universities is at an all-time low. Unless kids are going to school for engineering, medicine, or some other technical field, they should save their money and go get a job where hard work will give opportunities for advancement.
Of course his degree will be free sooooo...

Meh. I think the value of having a degree from these woke universities is at an all-time low. Unless kids are going to school for engineering, medicine, or some other technical field, they should save their money and go get a job where hard work will give opportunities for advancement.
My daughter has a history degree from an Ivy and when she job shopped in the Bay Area she had multiple offers from law firms and a PR firm. IF she had a degree from NU she’s not likely getting those offers.

Reactions: NYC-Husker
But IF instead she just got a job and worked hard, then how many more offers would she have?
Are you making the assumption that people who go to Ivy school don’t work hard? It appears that you are trying to convey that only people who go to trade schools or community college work hard. I would also doubt that she would get those same offers without an IVy degree. Don’t get me wrong, I am not an elitist or a fan of the IVys But to deny there are connections and opportunities available to graduates from those schools is preposterous

My daughter has a history degree from an Ivy and when she job shopped in the Bay Area she had multiple offers from law firms and a PR firm. IF she had a degree from NU she’s not likely getting those offers.
How long ago did she graduate? I think the shine is coming off non-technical (liberal arts) college degrees, Ivyies included. That may even be changing for technical degrees (engineering, medicine) . I just read an article that due to DEI admission practices a large percentage of MD students at Stanford medical school (if memory serves) are far less capable than students in the past. That being said, I'm sure Ivy league degrees will probably always carry more weight with businesses that value a degree. I just think businesses are more and more realizing that college graduates are less prepared than ever and they have to train them anyway, so they aren't as likely to have a college degree as a requirement for employment.

Not to mention that a bunch of these kids are leaving school with a ton of debt and worthless degrees that won't bring them enough income to pay their basic living expenses let alone student loan payments. Mark my words: the student loan bubble is HUGE and it is going to burst. Of course, it's only one of many bubbles that are going to burst in the debt quagmire the Fed and our leaders have created.

This obviously does not apply to a student who is going to get a full ride. That being said, I wouldn't want any of my kids going to any Ivy league school at this point given the woke indoctrination that goes on in those institutions. Unfortunately, that is true of the majority of colleges and universities now.

How long ago did she graduate? I think the shine is coming off non-technical (liberal arts) college degrees, Ivyies included. That may even be changing for technical degrees (engineering, medicine) . I just read an article that due to DEI admission practices a large percentage of MD students at Stanford medical school (if memory serves) are far less capable than students in the past. That being said, I'm sure Ivy league degrees will probably always carry more weight with businesses that value a degree. I just think businesses are more and more realizing that college graduates are less prepared than ever and they have to train them anyway, so they aren't as likely to have a college degree as a requirement for employment.

Not to mention that a bunch of these kids are leaving school with a ton of debt and worthless degrees that won't bring them enough income to pay their basic living expenses let alone student loan payments. Mark my words: the student loan bubble is HUGE and it is going to burst. Of course, it's only one of many bubbles that are going to burst in the debt quagmire the Fed and our leaders have created.

This obviously does not apply to a student who is going to get a full ride. That being said, I wouldn't want any of my kids going to any Ivy league school at this point given the woke indoctrination that goes on in those institutions. Unfortunately, that is true of the majority of colleges and universities now.
2 years ago and her Harvard degree helped get her in to Georgetown Law which is a top law school.

Last edited:
2 years ago and her Harvard degree eloped get her in to Georgetown Law which is a top law school.
Impressive and speaks to her intelligence and work ethic, I'm sure. Especially true if she is a caucasion and you aren't an elite. Her race is likely a negative for admission committees although her gender may have helped offset that. No doubt that her transcript and accomplishments had to be top notch for her to be accepted regardless.

Are you making the assumption that people who go to Ivy school don’t work hard? It appears that you are trying to convey that only people who go to trade schools or community college work hard. I would also doubt that she would get those same offers without an IVy degree. Don’t get me wrong, I am not an elitist or a fan of the IVys But to deny there are connections and opportunities available to graduates from those schools is preposterous
You read me 100% wrong. Total sarcasm that I thought was obvious.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Impressive and speaks to her intelligence and work ethic, I'm sure. Especially true if she is a caucasion and you aren't an elite. Her race is likely a negative for admission committees although her gender may have helped offset that. No doubt that her transcript and accomplishments had to be top notch for her to be accepted regardless.
love the girl. her dad is questionable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT