ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Predictions - first game less than 45 days

I'm a Husker Homer big-time. I make no apologies about that fact. I really think Scott Frost is going to do something special here at Nebraska. I think he's going to hit the ground running.

I believe Colorado, NW, Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin, and purdue all have returning starters at QB

Michigan has Shea Patterson
OSU is OSU

That leaves Illinois and Minnesota in the same boat as us at the most important position on the field.

Not even same point. Nebraska has options at QB.

Clearly, one may argue Illinois and Minnesota would be in trouble, if they need to use a M*A*S*H unit QB this season.

W - 1-0 Akron, 55-17
W - 2-0 Colorado, 35-20
W - 3-0 Troy, 41-28
L - 3-1 Michigan, 17-31
W - 4-1 Purdue, 42-21
W - 5-1 Wisconsin, 38-28
W - 6-1 Northwestern, 56-14
W - 7-1 Minnesota, 49-10
L - 7-2 Ohio St, 21-34
W - 8-2 Illinois, 52-6
W - 9-2 Michigan St, 28-24
W - 10-2 Iowa, 31-21
L - 10-3 BIG vs Michigan, 24-27
??? Citrus Bowl vs Auburn

-HC Frost wins back to back coach of the year awards

-Gebbia or Martinez earns 2nd team B1G QB behind Trace McSorley, in front of Brian Lewerke

-All B1G Defense: Carlos Davis, Dedrick Young, Dicaprio Bootle, Breon Dixon

-All B1G Offense: Gebbia or Martinez, Tanner Farmer, Brenden Jaimes, Greg Bell, Stanley Morgan, JD Spielman
I'd be satisfied with this.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Not even same point. Nebraska has options at QB.

Clearly, one may argue Illinois and Minnesota would be in trouble, if they need to use a M*A*S*H unit QB this season.

Same boat in as much as not having a starting QB returning. I agree . I like our QB situation better than Illinois and Minnesota.

Like many fans I believe I was ready to give up on the huskers or at least my enthusiasm had been severely restrained - Then comes Frost - maybe the only coach able to get everyone on the same page. I think there is very little doubt we will be better but how much better is really the question and how long will it take

I say 7-5 first year and second year will be the break out season - several things are in our favor
  1. The coaching on the previous staff just sucked from strength and conditioning to schemes to how we practiced - That is in the process of changing
  2. Player buy in - Frost is a coach coming off an undefeated season - Riley was a coach that had only won a handful of conference games in his last couple of years at OSU. It matters the players will have buy in - if they start winning it will increase from there.
  3. The spread has already been fairly successful at Nebraska there is no reason why it will not be this time either
I think the defense will also get better and although I see us still struggling there I do think we will be much more aggressive
I predict I will be there for the first game of the "Frost Era". I was present for the first games of the Callahan and Pelini tenures. I didn't bother going to 1 Riley era game. Excited about Husker Football once again. I think we make a bowl game. I really want the Huskers to start kicking Wisconsin's ass on a regular basis.

Reactions: mmunso7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT