ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are overreacting

WV Bruno

Dec 10, 2015
When Rodriguez came to WVU everybody was expecting magic year one. He was a former WVU player himself like Frost. WVU got blown out in the opener and finished 3-8. Everybody thought Rod was in over his head. The second year he won 9 games. He continued to win and brought in Pat White who won four bowl games including two BCS bowls. My point is you guys lack depth and need more talent. Osborne even said this was not a quick fix. You all need to be patient.

When Rodriguez came to WVU everybody was expecting magic year one. He was a former WVU player himself like Frost. WVU got blown out in the opener and finished 3-8. Everybody thought Rod was in over his head. The second year he won 9 games. He continued to win and brought in Pat White who won four bowl games including two BCS bowls. My point is you guys lack depth and need more talent. Osborne even said this was not a quick fix. You all need to be patient.
Very apt comparison, thanks for posting!
Who needs hope for tomorrow when we can complain today? Winking
Also true. :D

Making a comparison with Rich Rod doesn't exactly inspire the greatest of confidence. But thanks for the kind words anyway.

Thanks for the post. And your dead on, this wasn’t a quick fix. If anyone watched us play last year at all could see how badly our wheels fell off. There’s no quick fix. with the schedule we got this year, we had a very good chance at a very bad season. You can’t expect much in year one with any team that’s struggled off and on the past 5 years and had this much of a roster turn over.

I honestly can’t believe how quickly some fans are flipping on Frost when we all know this is the right Head Coach for us. I remember reading how everyone was going to be patient and everyone was going to give Frost time. Such BS, they really meant “Frost better win fast and now, if not I’m going to bitch and complain just like I did with Riley”.

How did Rich Rod do in the Big Ten? The better comparison would be Rich Rod at Michigan, that was a disaster from beginning to end.

What are talking about? Look at Chip Kelly Willie Taggert Dan Mullen and Kevin Sumlin? They are all overnight success! /s

Chip Kelly isn’t exactly killing it right now with UCLA and not one of those teams had as big of a roster turn as our Huskers and doubt any of those coaches have a true Freshman And a walk on for two deep QBs...do they???

Chip Kelly isn’t exactly killing it right now with UCLA and not one of those teams had as big of a roster turn as our Huskers and doubt any of those coaches have a true Freshman And a walk on for two deep QBs...do they???
"/s" = end sarcasm

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Thanks for the post. And your dead on, this wasn’t a quick fix. If anyone watched us play last year at all could see how badly our wheels fell off. There’s no quick fix. with the schedule we got this year, we had a very good chance at a very bad season. You can’t expect much in year one with any team that’s struggled off and on the past 5 years and had this much of a roster turn over.

I honestly can’t believe how quickly some fans are flipping on Frost when we all know this is the right Head Coach for us. I remember reading how everyone was going to be patient and everyone was going to give Frost time. Such BS, they really meant “Frost better win fast and now, if not I’m going to bitch and complain just like I did with Riley”.
I don't mind that we are losing, it is the way are losing. Special teams is still a dumpster fire. I know it is a tough transition to go from a pro style offense to the spread style he is trying to install, but the sloppy play, clock management, turn overs plus o-line play has got to get alot better.

How did Rich Rod do in the Big Ten? The better comparison would be Rich Rod at Michigan, that was a disaster from beginning to end.
Unless I’m misremembering, richrod lost the team from the get go. He alienated players from the start and also riled the fan base at Michigan. Every land mine near him he stepped on. And richrod wasn’t a wolverine himself, so on a shorter leash because of his antics.

While the comparison is valid from a conference standpoint, there aren’t any other things in the two situations that are comparable, in my opinion.

I don't mind that we are losing, it is the way are losing. Special teams is still a dumpster fire. I know it is a tough transition to go from a pro style offense to the spread style he is trying to install, but the sloppy play, clock management, turn overs plus o-line play has got to get alot better.

Outside the online part, those are all fixable and can be done in one season. With the guys we have on the line, I have no clue if the online can be fixed in one season. Maybe go Bo Wilson, Radion or some of younger guys??? Maybe give them a chance??

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The reality of the situation is this...

Nebraska is gonna struggle this year. You won’t go to a bowl game.
Nebraska will be better next year. May win 7-8 games.
In year 3, if everything goes right, you win 9 games.
In year 4, again assuming everything goes right, you are competing for the Big 10.

But this year is gonna suck. Take the little victories where you can.

In year 4, again assuming everything goes right, you are competing for the Big 10.

Wow. It’s so refreshing to hear from a true Husker fan. You are truly a clairvoyant.
So.. when’s the N.C.? Year 5 or 6?

Good advice when your only scholarship QB isn’t 100% healthy and a true Freshman..

This is probably pretty close to reality. Hopefully we can surprise a few teams this year.

Outside the online part, those are all fixable and can be done in one season. With the guys we have on the line, I have no clue if the online can be fixed in one season. Maybe go Bo Wilson, Radion or some of younger guys??? Maybe give them a chance??

That's a damn good question. How to immediately vastly improve a horribly inept OLine? I don't have a clue....it may take a long while.

Considering most of you thought you'd be sitting at 3-0 right now instead of 0-2, I may be the closest thing to a clairvoyant on this board.

FYI dude you're responding to is a UCF troll.

But the larger point -- that our O-line has no quick fix -- still stands.

It didn't happen overnight (Tommy Armstrong papered over it for quite awhile) but it becomes evident as hell when we have a non mobile QB back there, whether it's Tanner Lee or Andrew Bunch.

The oline is only going to be fixed by bringing in some juco's and hope the underclassmen can step up, because the high school recruits usually don't have major impact for a couple of years. Special teams has been a hot mess for a while now, lets hope they can get that squared away sometime soon.

Reactions: mmunso7
That's a damn good question. How to immediately vastly improve a horribly inept OLine? I don't have a clue....it may take a long while.
Hopefully we can get a few more quality juco's in this class to shore up that oline, but outside of that I can't see a true freshman being much of a difference

Reactions: mmunso7
I think the offensive line will suddenly look amazingly better when we can do something via passing or qb run game so opponents don't stack the box.

Reactions: saluno22

Very spot on post and comparable, thanks to sharing. I for one, want to win as bad as fan, if we lose a game I’ll be bummed for a few hours and then life goes on. I look forward to Husker football all year long and keep up with recruiting etc. and love watching my team suit up 12 times a year or so. I find it amazing how some people literally let it affect their life and entire week after a loss. We all knew 2018 was a wild card year and I don’t care if you’re an NFL team changing schemes isn't an instant success at any level. We got THE coach we wanted, who cares about this program and has Husker blood. Trust the process and support the team, there are definitely some positives I’m seeing on the field vs last year.
Tired of these hibitual whiners on this board, hell go jump on the Alabama bandwagon...

“If anyone doesn’t want to stay on board this ride with us, let me know now and we can get off. I know where this is going, we just haven’t had the results early that we need.” -SF

Reactions: OO Snipes
I think the offensive line will suddenly look amazingly better when we can do something via passing or qb run game so opponents don't stack the box.
I don't know about amazing, but it sure would help things out. I wish could find a way to get the tight end more involved.

Year 4 is nice, though Jim Harbaugh likely will need at least 5.

James Franklin and Paul Chryst each had break out years in Year 3.

Ultimately, it takes time implementing a culture change and getting Scott Frost's system fully implemented.

Interesting start to 2018 around the B1G and country right now.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Frost made a good point in his press conference. The o-line is tired. They aren’t athletic enough to go at the speed they need them to go in this offense nor do we have the depth to give them a break.

we are not over reacting we are gonna suck this year

WE are gonna suck this year, aren't WE, GoBigRed666? Thanks for telling like it is since you're a true Husker fan through and through!

See you and Biggesthuskerfan at the next tailgate!

43a7f9a566e549e2c9b639bd65131227.jpg

we were 4-8 last year and playing basically the same players at most positions, Frost will turn it around but it's going to take a few years, last week our QB was a 3erd string walk on, what the hell does everyone expect him to do. I think you are all fools if you want the coaching staff fired after 2 games or you don't think they are doing a good job, we play harder and faster then we have for the last 3 years but still make the same boneheaded mistakes that cost us each game. its going to take time so RELAX.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT