ADVERTISEMENT

Worst QB room in 30 years?

Adrian Martinez and Casey Thompson were good leaders overall. If they were running this offense we would likely be 8-2. Both just played on horrible teams with horrible OLs and horrible coaches.

We're 9-1 IMO with AM and I never cared for the guy at QB, but with this defense we are winning with him this year.

Last edited:
I watched several NFL QBs give games away with INTs yesterday. You’re always going to have some. I’m not ready to say Purdy would turn it over as much as HH and JS. I want to see more of him in this offense before I kick him to the curb. Purdy’s injuries have really prevented him from being a factor up until now.
I wouldn't mind them giving Purdy a chance. His sample size is much smaller than the other two guys. That said I'm just pretty much ready to move on from this mess. Idk how good Purdy is but after seeing Moe and Larry it was only right that we give Curley a shot lol.

He doesn't have to be great. Just don't turn it over. That's the most frustrating part of this mess. If we can have someone kicking after EVERY DRIVE it's a win for this team (punt,fg, or extra point). Maybe Purdy can do that better than the others. I agree he deserves the shot but as far as looking for another couple QBs in the portal I'm going through back channels right now if I was Ruhle regardless of how good or bad Purdy does.

Holla

Part of the reason the QBs have all struggled is we are starting our 5-6th string WRs, 3rd/4th string RBs, and our O-line is a patchwork of D1 backups to start the season. But yeah… our QBs are the worst we’ve had since Zac Lee and Ryker Fyfe! Offense needs some dudes ASAP!

Keithen McCant, McCathorn Clayton, and Craig Sundberg could all play circles around the guys we have now. Maybe Mike Grant was as bad, though certainly not worse.

Reactions: scarletred
Adrian Martinez and Casey Thompson were good leaders overall. If they were running this offense we would likely be 8-2. Both just played on horrible teams with horrible OLs and horrible coaches.
you're out of your mind on AM.. he was one of the worst leaders Nebraska has ever had at QB.

CT had a lot more confidence.. a lot of it, but was mostly in it for himself.. although he said the right things.

CT has always been a 50% guy, we would likely have a similar record with him.. with AM, it would be worse.

I feel bad for each and every one of them. As frustrated as I myself get, I know their frustration as a player must be much worse.
It's hard after the emotion/frustration of the game wears off to not feel bad for a guy like Sims.

Also, in before the "fvck him, he's getting paid" guy chimes in.

Reactions: dinglefritz
you're out of your mind on AM.. he was one of the worst leaders Nebraska has ever had at QB.

CT had a lot more confidence.. a lot of it, but was mostly in it for himself.. although he said the right things.

CT has always been a 50% guy, we would likely have a similar record with him.. with AM, it would be worse.
Actually, this whole post is filled with terrible takes.

This team would beg for a qb like Martinez. 8 wins easy.

Last edited:
Actually, this whole post is filled with terrible takes.

This team would beg for a qb like Martinez. 8 wins easy.
you realize we have more wins now than 5 out of the last 6 years ( with that 1 year being tied for wins at the moment).

And yet you think you can project that loser QB would win 8 games?

I don't know what kind of drugs you are on, but you really should sober up.

In what way was AM a terrible leader?
Go back and re-read the threads of the past 5 years.

I told all of you clowns of his issues in his first year here.. when the sheeple were saying he was heisman material.

AM was never a good leader, and wasn't even a decent competitor. When you play competitive sports, you better be a competitor.

Scott Frost latched on to this kid because he had physical talents that Scott didn't even have. What he failed to do was evaluate the kids competitiveness as well as leadership ability.

Nobody was going to follow Adrian into battle. Nobody. And that is why the team played like garbage around him. He made nobody better, he made them worse.. so much worse that we had a string of players leave so as to not affect their own declining performance.

AM was a GD cancer to the team.

you realize we have more wins now than 5 out of the last 6 years ( with that 1 year being tied for wins at the moment).

And yet you think you can project that loser QB would win 8 games?

I don't know what kind of drugs you are on, but you really should sober up.

Go back and re-read the threads of the past 5 years.

I told all of you clowns of his issues in his first year here.. when the sheeple were saying he was heisman material.

AM was never a good leader, and wasn't even a decent competitor. When you play competitive sports, you better be a competitor.

Scott Frost latched on to this kid because he had physical talents that Scott didn't even have. What he failed to do was evaluate the kids competitiveness as well as leadership ability.

Nobody was going to follow Adrian into battle. Nobody. And that is why the team played like garbage around him. He made nobody better, he made them worse.. so much worse that we had a string of players leave so as to not affect their own declining performance.

AM was a GD cancer to the team.
The cancer was Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT