ADVERTISEMENT

Woods and Jackson

I have no desire to defend Bo on this one, but there are some other facts involved with Barret.

1. Barrett signed with UNO out of high school. UNO and Wayne State were the only NCAA Schools that offered him a scholarship.

- No D1, even FCS schools were recruiting him.

2. When UNO dropped football, Colorado State was the only D1 school willing to let him walk on with a chance to earn a scholarship.

- Two years later, no D1 schools were willing to sign the kid.

3. He has a great career at Colorado State and goes on scholarship after a semester.

But even after being named the MWC player of the year, he went undrafted and had to sign as a UDFA

What Shaq Barrett has done in his career is nothing short of miraculous.

Bo slow playing Harrison Phillips was one of the dumbest things he ever did at Nebraska. I would add no offer for Drew Ott to that mix as well.
I've never understood "slow playing" a recruit if you were always going to end up offering anyway.

Another player Bo missed on was Nick DeLuca (Millard North). An injury his Jr or Sr year while at NDSU kept him from having a solid NFL career.

Majority of the 2 deep played for Minnesota that day, most of the 30 wouldn’t have made the trip..Gophers were mostly hurting at
TE that day..

it’s funny how everyone leaves that part out eh? They only say “oh the Huskers lost to Minnesota who was short 30 players”. Now how many of those players that didn’t play were starters or main back ups? 🤔🤔

it’s funny how everyone leaves that part out eh? They only say “oh the Huskers lost to Minnesota who was short 30 players”. Now how many of those players that didn’t play were starters or main back ups? 🤔🤔
It's Minnesota 3-4, wins over Nebraska Purdue and Illinois. An undermanned team, 10 point underdogs, came into Lincoln and won the game. This isn't Ohio St, or even Penn St, its Minnesota

It's Minnesota 3-4, wins over Nebraska Purdue and Illinois. An undermanned team, 10 point underdogs, came into Lincoln and won the game. This isn't Ohio St, or even Penn St, its Minnesota

i definitely give them credit for the win. They caught some breaks that went their way (just like they did vs Purdue) and they won by a score. The point spread part, that means jack to me. I never pay attention to that part and probably never will. Minnesota won, plain and simple but they were not missing a bunch of their starters and/or back ups.

Reactions: bshirt73
Except "they" never said that. He is talking out his ass again.
Naturally the kids are not going to come out and explain their real underlying reasons. Whatever they say in public will be said to be as bland as possible. Why do the most highly talented kids gravitate toward Alabama or Ohio State? It's because they want to be on a winning team. They're not going to come out and say I didn't want to go to Nebraska because of all those losing seasons.

i definitely give them credit for the win. They caught some breaks that went their way (just like they did vs Purdue) and they won by a score. The point spread part, that means jack to me. I never pay attention to that part and probably never will. Minnesota won, plain and simple but they were not missing a bunch of their starters and/or back ups.
They were a sub par team last year and they came into Lincoln and beat us....again. They have beaten us 3 out of 4 years, two times with teams that were below .500. Why are we trying to justify the loss and make it look better than it was? Well they weren't missing starters. Who CARES, it is Minnesota

They were a sub par team last year and they came into Lincoln and beat us....again. They have beaten us 3 out of 4 years, two times with teams that were below .500. Why are we trying to justify the loss and make it look better than it was? Well they weren't missing starters. Who CARES, it is Minnesota

And we are Nebraska who’s gone 6-7, 9-4, 4-8, 4-8, 5-7 and now 3-5. We aren’t exactly the OSUs, OUs, Clemsons or the Bamas of the worlds anymore. One day I hope we get back there but as of right now, we aren’t there or no where near there. We are a sub par team at best ourselves.

My only point was they weren’t missing a bunch of starters or main back ups. Simply saying, we got Minnesota’s best and they beat us head to head, fair and square. Leave it as that. Or better yet, we all know our Huskers have been bad the last several year. We get it and know it. Your point is already proven.

Last edited:
Man, you went from an annoying troll to falling completely off the deep end. You seem to be growing more and more aggressive.

The only person you are entertaining is yourself. Your cries for attention aren't being heard. You should really seek some help.
People keep liking and responding. Maybe you fell off the deep and thinking 3-5 is good now

People keep liking and responding. Maybe you fell off the deep and thinking 3-5 is good now
in this thread, the same 3 people, in some combination, account for 100% of the likes you've received.

I find that fact, and the fact you insist on back-patting because of it, to be rather humorous.

one thing is for sure - when it comes to commenting on losers, you are extremely qualified.

in this thread, the same 3 people, in some combination, account for 100% of the likes you've received.

I find that fact, and the fact you insist on back-patting because of it, to be rather humorous.

one thing is for sure - when it comes to commenting on losers, you are extremely qualified.
So you are admitting when I comment about Frost he is a loser?

So you are admitting when I comment about Frost he is a loser?
admitting? have I ever said otherwise? as the great Bill Parcells once said: "you are what your record says you are"

and your posting record screams pathetically witless loser who cares a ton about being 'right' and 'liked' in the eyes of complete strangers

sad

They actually beat us by two scores in my book. Ibrahim had a walking touchdown but instead decided to slide to run the clock out. We got our assess handed to us by a 48 man Corona plagued team. Probably the lowest point to date in the Frost era.

They actually beat us by two scores in my book. Ibrahim had a walking touchdown but instead decided to slide to run the clock out. We got our assess handed to us by a 48 man Corona plagued team. Probably the lowest point to date in the Frost era.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don’t dance
And if they don’t dance
Well, they’re no fiends of mine

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx

ouch, adding points to the score? That’s a new for me. Yes sir, he could have scored but didn’t. Class act on Flecks part not to run up the score and telling his players not to do so. But, forgive me for doing this as I’m not you, I’ll call it a one score game because that’s indeed what the score board said 24-17 (not the other way around).

“Probably the lowest point to date in the Frost era” this problem was going on before Frost, he’s just the coach trying to fix the issues and struggling to do so unfortunately (give him time, it’s coming and will happen). But that’s what happens when you’re playing up to as many as 5-7 freshmen at once on offense during a pandemic, with shortened practices, no spring practices or spring game and so on. You’re going to have struggles. Oh well, onto to next season. I’m pretty excited to see how much those freshmen and sophomores grew up during last season and seeing how M Stepp and S Toure do. Care to join me? It’s always darkest before it’s light.

Last edited:
Minnesota is developing players and building a program.Like it or not that have had more success than Nebraska

.PJ flat out can coach, and is willing to fire his assistants if they are not getting it done. Hard to argue with what’s happened at Minnesota, even if you don’t like “Row your Boat”

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Minnesota is developing players and building a program.Like it or not that have had more success than Nebraska

.PJ flat out can coach, and is willing to fire his assistants if they are not getting it done. Hard to argue with what’s happened at Minnesota, even if you don’t like “Row your Boat”

PJ is a self promoting clown.

He has had one good season a Minnesota, who had won 8+ three of the four seasons before he got to town, and has somehow convinced some people he is a miracle worker.

And we are Nebraska who’s gone 6-7, 9-4, 4-8, 4-8, 5-7 and now 3-5. We aren’t exactly the OSUs, OUs, Clemsons or the Bamas of the worlds anymore. One day I hope we get back there but as of right now, we aren’t there or no where near there. We are a sub par team at best ourselves.

My only point was they weren’t missing a bunch of starters or main back ups. Simply saying, we got Minnesota’s best and they beat us head to head, fair and square. Leave it as that. Or better yet, we all know our Huskers have been bad the last several year. We get it and know it. Your point is already proven.

The point is who cares if they were at full strength or not? Would y

they went from 11-2 to 3-4, didn't beat a team with a winning record in 2020 and lost to two other teams with losing records in Maryland and Michigan. I know it is all the rage to make excuses for Nebraska these days but come on that was not a good Minnesota team

The point is who cares if they were at full strength or not? Would y

they went from 11-2 to 3-4, didn't beat a team with a winning record in 2020 and lost to two other teams with losing records in Maryland and Michigan. I know it is all the rage to make excuses for Nebraska these days but come on that was not a good Minnesota team

News flash, our Huskers sucked too. We had one of the youngest teams in the country and playing during a pandemic with a lot less time to prepare then normal seasons.

Man, you must really hate Minnesota? I ultimately do agree though, they were not a good team last year but neither was our Husker. I’m a little lost on your obsession? I could care less how many 3rd-5th stringers are missing. If you got most of your 2 deep available come Saturday, you’re good to go. 🤷🏽

News flash, our Huskers sucked too. We had one of the youngest teams in the country and playing during a pandemic with a lot less time to prepare then normal seasons.

Man, you must really hate Minnesota? I ultimately do agree though, they were not a good team last year but neither was our Husker. I’m a little lost on your obsession? I could care less how many 3rd-5th stringers are missing. If you got most of your 2 deep available come Saturday, you’re good to go. 🤷🏽
The youngest teams in America? with 4 multiple year starters on the starting OL, a 3 year starter at QB, a senior RB, a multi year starters at WR. Good God when will the excuses stop? Now we are going to have a young offense again this year well except for QB.

The youngest teams in America? with 4 multiple year starters on the starting OL, a 3 year starter at QB, a senior RB, a multi year starters at WR. Good God when will the excuses stop? Now we are going to have a young offense again this year well except for QB.

The "we are young" tag is getting old. What about the D? How "young" were they" How many teams had more practices than Nebraska before the season? How many had a spring game?

We are going to keep staying "young" if we don't keep kids in the program long enough to get "old".

I want Frost and the team to have success but there is a really that is hard for some to see I guess.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Yes, the transfer portal effects all schools but I doubt that any other B1G school can match Nebraska in the loss of highly rated players - the same players that provided the basis for the Top20 class ranking in the first place......maybe Michigan, certainly no other B10W school.

Five (5) 4-star prospects that were on Nebraska's 2020 roster have transferred out. Top20 doesn't mean much unless the coaches can limit attrition and then develop the players that stay. So far, Frost does not receive a good grade on either.

I hate hearing this bs! We can't worry bouy what "other" programs are doing in their states! Nebraska only has on average 3-5 D-1 players in the state while the other states people compare us to have far more.

I believe Iowa had like 13 players sign division 1 scholarships so if they don't get a few its no big deal. There is a big difference in NEB getting 2 and Iowa getting 8.

Getting local/area recruits is important because th
It may be BS in your eyes, but not everyone wants to stay home and be s Husker. It's life in 2021

This class might be worrisome. The top instate guys are going elsewhere, we can’t get anyone on campus for official visits, we are coming off 4 straight losing seasons. If we’re going to salvage a top 20 class this year, we have got to win this year. It’s finally caught up with us to the point where recruits are saying “Prove me that you’ve turned the corner”. That’s why losing to Illinois/Minnesota really hurt us. Win those and the narrative is different.

I agree we’ve skirted by selling the “potential” (fair enough), but it’s not sustainable. We’re dangerously close to slipping beyond the point of maintaining any level of recruiting success if we continue to get exposed.

Reactions: CatColumbia
13 four stars in the 18-20 classes never made it or are already gone. The class ranking doesn’t mean much when 1. Players aren’t developed and 2. They bolt.

And that’s a HUGE if. Frost better start bringing out the duffle bags if he wants to compete in recruiting. The shine has wore off and now he’s a national punching bag. And rightfully so.
You're runnin scared. Go back to hiding in mommas basement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT