ADVERTISEMENT

Woods and Jackson

Will be announcing their top 5 this weekend. Listening to Husker Online, Nate Clause mentioned that it wouldn’t be a surprise if neither list us in their top 5. Let’s brace ourselves folks.
They say because Nebraska hasn’t been relevant lately so they don’t want to go there.

3 troll posts and no bites. So sad.
And without me this board is boring. Same thing over and over. Bench martinez. We need a big guy. This recruit is awesome and will be a difference maker until they transfer then they suck.
At least my posts make it interesting. Most of them lead to traffic for the site.

• Haha
Reactions: yunginsNU2
Will be announcing their top 5 this weekend. Listening to Husker Online, Nate Clause mentioned that it wouldn’t be a surprise if neither list us in their top 5. Let’s brace ourselves folks.

He’s right...it shouldn’t be a surprise. I don’t know much about their recruitment but if you are a sought after prospect, unless you are a die hard Husker fan there is not much positive to sign up and play for this staff. As Frost would say “everybody can see where this is going.”

He’s right...it shouldn’t be a surprise. I don’t know much about their recruitment but if you are a sought after prospect, unless you are a die hard Husker fan there is not much positive to sign up and play for this staff. As Frost would say “everybody can see where this is going.”
Oh good one!!!

We’ve had 3 top 20. classes in a row and if we have a decent season on the field, we will probably have another.
Wait....Matt Davison said it’s not about the stars when frost took over. He said other staffs didn’t recruit character enough and worried about stars. So frost came in and changed that and go Mo Washington, hunt, legrone. Yet urban Meyer is a scum bag?

Not gonna lose a second of sleep over it. The article I read said neither one are really Nebraska kids. We're going to improve on the field this year and the recruiting will be fine. I'm over thinking the sky is falling based on what a few Omaha kids do.

We’ve had 3 top 20. classes in a row and if we have a decent season on the field, we will probably have another.

13 four stars in the 18-20 classes never made it or are already gone. The class ranking doesn’t mean much when 1. Players aren’t developed and 2. They bolt.

And that’s a HUGE if. Frost better start bringing out the duffle bags if he wants to compete in recruiting. The shine has wore off and now he’s a national punching bag. And rightfully so.

This class might be worrisome. The top instate guys are going elsewhere, we can’t get anyone on campus for official visits, we are coming off 4 straight losing seasons. If we’re going to salvage a top 20 class this year, we have got to win this year. It’s finally caught up with us to the point where recruits are saying “Prove me that you’ve turned the corner”. That’s why losing to Illinois/Minnesota really hurt us. Win those and the narrative is different.

And without me this board is boring. Same thing over and over. Bench martinez. We need a big guy. This recruit is awesome and will be a difference maker until they transfer then they suck.
At least my posts make it interesting. Most of them lead to traffic for the site.
Congratulations. The most delusional post I've ever read on this site.

This class might be worrisome. The top instate guys are going elsewhere, we can’t get anyone on campus for official visits, we are coming off 4 straight losing seasons. If we’re going to salvage a top 20 class this year, we have got to win this year. It’s finally caught up with us to the point where recruits are saying “Prove me that you’ve turned the corner”. That’s why losing to Illinois/Minnesota really hurt us. Win those and the narrative is different.
meh. Not worried. Win some games this fall and we'll be fine. Look at how young the 2 deep is going to be this fall. I don't think this next class will be a deal breaker as long as we can land a stud QB.

Kids want the freedom to go where they choose. Staying home and playing for the home state is no longer a priority. Wisc didn't get the #1 in state kid. Iowa has lost several of their top rated kids out of state. Why should Nebraska be any different? Just because you want it that way? TO never lost any? Well yes TO did loose some top in state recruits.

13 four stars in the 18-20 classes never made it or are already gone. The class ranking doesn’t mean much when 1. Players aren’t developed and 2. They bolt.

And that’s a HUGE if. Frost better start bringing out the duffle bags if he wants to compete in recruiting. The shine has wore off and now he’s a national punching bag. And rightfully so.
I also think this is a problem. Yes Frost can recruit and he's quite good at it, but it's almost as if once players get here and find out the real deal, some of them exit stage left pretty quickly.

Hard to know how much of this is general portal transfer for playing time vs someone wanting out no matter where they land. I think we have had some of both, but the fumes seem to indicate more of the latter to me.

This is why every additional year this is not corrected, hurts the program as this compounds over time.

Kids want the freedom to go where they choose. Staying home and playing for the home state is no longer a priority. Wisc didn't get the #1 in state kid. Iowa has lost several of their top rated kids out of state. Why should Nebraska be any different? Just because you want it that way? TO never lost any? Well yes TO did loose some top in state recruits.

I hate hearing this bs! We can't worry bouy what "other" programs are doing in their states! Nebraska only has on average 3-5 D-1 players in the state while the other states people compare us to have far more.

I believe Iowa had like 13 players sign division 1 scholarships so if they don't get a few its no big deal. There is a big difference in NEB getting 2 and Iowa getting 8.

Getting local/area recruits is important because th

Reactions: RothMatt
Does anyone remember the kids we didn't get 5, 10, 15 years ago? Do we still lament about them?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Harrison Phillips. Shaq Barrett
Pelini's failures. That said, Barrett was born in Maryland and ended up at Boys Town. Obviously since Barrett went to CSU for college NU wasn't the only area D-1 team who passed on him. Phillips got a degree from Stanford. I'm guessing he's glad he passed on NU. Tom passed on a Nebraska born and raised TE who ended up at Wyoming and will be in the NFL. It happens all the time.

Reactions: Red I 73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT