ADVERTISEMENT

"Will not be able to recruit the speed needed to Nebraska"

Speed - it has been the fall-back, feel-good, recruiting bright light that gets the fuzzies all warmed up.

I remember the days going from the B12 to the B1G, this forum was lit up with posts about how the Nebraska speed was going to show the slow plodding league how it is done. Our speed was going to run circles around everyone immediately. How did that turn out?

Give me a kid who can catch, block, read blocks, make cuts, has excellent balance, can take a hit, can deliver a hit, and can just make plays - I would be happy with less speed.

Its weird how players/teams that know what the eff they're doing look faster. I don't think 2 tenths on the stopwatch are keeping us from beating Purdue and Indiana. It's, you know.... every other freaking aspect of playing actual football.
These guys understand. The obsession with speed ignores or diminishes other equally or arguably more important skills. Personally, I believe quickness is much more important than speed and for this reason, I have long thought that a player's 40 time is not a reliable predictor of future success. Yes, speed is important but that is but one piece of the puzzle.

These guys understand. The obsession with speed ignores or diminishes other equally or arguably more important skills. Personally, I believe quickness is much more important than speed and for this reason, I have long thought that a player's 40 time is not a reliable predictor of future success. Yes, speed is important but that is but one piece of the puzzle.

Ameer was a good example of quickness over speed. Dude is far from a blazer, but was one of the quickest players on the field at all times. One of my favorite Huskers for sure.

Names and 40 yard times, please, Mr. Knower of all things.

Because, if you can't at least give us their names, then how do we know they weren't recruited by someone else (i.e. the UCF guy might have already been there when Frost showed up).
Frost recruited Andrian Killins out of Daytona Beach, Mainland High School or it might have been Spruce Creek High to play for UCF. Killins was a track kid who could also play football. Y'all don't need every speedy kid , you just need enough of them. Frost will get kids to run his system. It will happen. It may take some time though.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Frost recruited Andrian Killins out of Daytona Beach, Mainland High School or it might have been Spruce Creek High to play for UCF. Killins was a track kid who could also play football. Y'all don't need every speedy kid , you just need enough of them. Frost will get kids to run his system. It will happen. It may take some time though.
That's wonderful.....

Read Uber's posts, and you'll get why so many take the tone with him they do....including me. His 2 video clips didn't prove squat. I bet Kansas has a guy or 2 just as fast as Killins.

Or a couple of others...like the guy that tried telling me that a guy from FL that hasn't even committed to Nebraska was the fastest guy in Florida, and yet was the 42nd ranked prospect from the state.

Reactions: SC_'sker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT