ADVERTISEMENT

"Will not be able to recruit the speed needed to Nebraska"

uberism1111

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 28, 2019
12.gif

Just saying!!!

That's what they said in the late eighties. They were wrong then also.

Reactions: zrob
Yeah, it’s not a lack of speed that is causing the losing. It’s a lack of size. We have a ton of track stars who’ve never really seen the field. We just had “speed” enter the transfer portal. Appears the OP has never watched us play

Reactions: HuskAir
we need solid football players first who are in position, then we can focus on speed
we used to get 9 wins and lose to the faster teams...we are not at the 9 wins stage yet...when we get there then was can focus on the speed

12.gif

Just saying!!!

What am I watching? You should narrate, because I would like your words, before I say goodbye. Women and children say "just saying" its like your relinquishing any semblance of intelligence because you're a retard. Just saying. Gay as f.

I guess since Frost got fast guys to Oregon, they'll show up at Nebraska...

I guess that since Mel Tucker got top-notch talent to go to Alabama and Georgia, they'll be showing up at Colorado any day now.....

Yes....that's how stupid this is.

ONE: I’m sure those guys that went to Bama did so more because it’s Bama and they have been the best team in the country and has been for years...and they have Nick Saban. I’m sure the guys liked Mel Tucker and all but let’s not mistake it, they went there more so for Nick Saban and Bama being college footballs BEST. Not so much Mel Tucker...lol

TWO: no matter how hard Colorado tries, no matter what they do (even when they beat the Huskers head to head) they will never be a Blue Blood like Bama or Nebraska. They will never have that prestige Blue Bloods have. So no, Colorado isn’t suddenly going to start recruiting like beasts, magically. Tucker doesn’t have the “Oh we are Bama and we are the best team out there” pitch he can use anymore...

THREE: Scott Frost is already getting speed here. He’s about to land the fastest guy in Florida, 4 star WR Marcus Fleming and he just happens to one of the fastest in the country. Frost will have no trouble getting speed to Nebraska, he’s already been doing it, and he will keep bringing in speed. That won’t ever change. Believe that...GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: creha
ONE: I’m sure those guys that went to Bama did so more because it’s Bama and they have been the best team in the country and has been for years...and they have Nick Saban. I’m sure the guys liked Mel Tucker and all but let’s not mistake it, they went there more so for Nick Saban and Bama being college footballs BEST. Not so much Mel Tucker...lol

TWO: no matter how hard Colorado tries, no what they do (even when they beat the Huskers head to head) they will never be a Blue Blood like Bama or Nebraska. They will never have that prestige Blue Bloods have. So no, Colorado isn’t suddenly going to start recruiting like beasts magically. Tucker doesn’t have the “Oh we are Bama and we are the best team out” pitch he can us anymore...

THREE: Scott Frost is already getting speed here. He’s about to land the fastest guy in Florida 4 star WR Marcus Fleming and he just happens to one of the fastest in the country. Frost will have no trouble getting speed to Nebraska, he’s already been doing it, and he will keep bringing in speed. That won’t ever change. Believe that...GBR
1) Missed the point completely......which is that Mr. Uber is using video clips that prove nothing about getting speed to Nebraska, and making random declarations about things he really doesn't know. I don't know if you missed that or not.

2) As much as I hate to say it, Nebraska isn't a "Blue Blood" to anyone they are currently recruiting. Heck....kids today don't even know the meaning of "Blue Blood". To a kid today, Oregon is more of a "Blue Blood" than Nebraska.

3) And.....I've read 2 articles about this Fleming kid. Both have said he's the 42nd rated player out of Florida. Now I get that Florida is loaded with talent, but I find it hard to believe that the 42nd rated FB prospect is the "fastest guy in Florida"....and, if he is the "fastest guy in Florida" but is only the 42nd rated prospect, then there must be a reason.

4) Lastly....and the least important.....Colorado's all-time win percentage is still higher than Oregon's, despite how s#!++* CU has been and how good Oregon has been over the last 10-12 years. So, while I don't think for a minute that CU will ever get to Alabama's level, there's no reason they can't get to Oregon's current level.

Actually, according to 247Sports, the 2020 Colorado and Nebraska classes are ranked 33 and 34. CU just landed the #26 CB in the country (higher at his position than Fleming is at his). Apparently Tucker might be able to land some of these guys after all (hopefully not too many...but that is the 2nd 4-star guy he's landed, plus a 5-star transfer from Alabama, but I'd have doubts about him).

The attitude of your post is why fans from other schools think we're so arrogant....

Last edited:
1) Missed the point completely......which is that Mr. Uber is using video clips that prove nothing about getting speed to Nebraska, and making random declarations about things he really doesn't know. I don't know if you missed that or not.

2) As much as I hate to say it, Nebraska isn't a "Blue Blood" to anyone they are currently recruiting. Heck....kids today don't even know the meaning of "Blue Blood". To a kid today, Oregon is more of a "Blue Blood" than Nebraska.

3) And.....I've read 2 articles about this Fleming kid. Both have said he's the 42nd rated player out of Florida. Now I get that Florida is loaded with talent, but I find it hard to believe that the 42nd rated FB prospect is the "fastest guy in Florida"....and, if he is the "fastest guy in Florida" but is only the 42nd rated prospect, then there must be a reason.

4) Lastly....and the least important.....Colorado's all-time win percentage is still higher than Oregon's, despite how s#!++* CU has been and how good Oregon has been over the last 10-12 years. So, while I don't think for a minute that CU will ever get to Alabama's level, there's no reason they can't get to Oregon's current level.

Actually, according to 247Sports, the 2020 Colorado and Nebraska classes are ranked 33 and 34. CU just landed the #26 CB in the country (higher at his position than Fleming is at his). Apparently Tucker might be able to land some of these guys after all (hopefully not too many...but that is the 2nd 4-star guy he's landed, plus a 5-star transfer from Alabama, but I'd have doubts about him).

The attitude of your post is why fans from other schools think we're so arrogant....

as to point #3, it may be because he’s the same height and weight as a 37 year old mom of 2

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
Speed - it has been the fall-back, feel-good, recruiting bright light that gets the fuzzies all warmed up.

I remember the days going from the B12 to the B1G, this forum was lit up with posts about how the Nebraska speed was going to show the slow plodding league how it is done. Our speed was going to run circles around everyone immediately. How did that turn out?

Give me a kid who can catch, block, read blocks, make cuts, has excellent balance, can take a hit, can deliver a hit, and can just make plays - I would be happy with less speed.

I saw the title and could have swore I went back in time to the start of the 90's
I get what you're saying.....

But by the start of the 1990s, Nebraska had a head coach that had been winning 9 games a year (11 game schedule) for close to 20 years.

Record over last two seasons w/ > 350 yards:

Power 5: 726-296 (.710)
Big Ten: 143-63 (.694)
Nebraska: 5-11 (.313), most Ls over that stretch by any P5 team, second worst win % by any P5 team, only B10 team with a losing record

— Josh Planos (@JPlanos) November 17, 2019
Like I have posted to Uber (and a few others)......

"You know how I feel about stats. Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners.”-- Bill Belichick....and I don't like the guy, but hard to argue with that.

Reactions: HuskerTilDeath
There is a lot more size and speed being added to the roster on both sides of the ball. When Frost was hired people were saying he wouldn't be able to recruit the speed. FALSE!!!!
Not to interrupt a perfectly good slobberfest, but who exactly was saying that?

Man, I’m so confused on this. And I’m sober...ish.
Irving Fryar 4.23 Mark Schellen 4.29 Brian Davis 4.31
That's what they said in the late eighties. They were wrong then also.
TO found plenty of fast players and Boyd created Many speed freaks in his lab so we do have the blue prints. Irving Fryar 4.23 Mark Schellen 4.27 Brian Davis 4.31 Jimmy Williams 4.36 Kenny WalkerDE 4.46. To many back squats and not enough conditioning. Box jumping is overrated. We need Dr Speed back and his speed clinic.

There is a lot more size and speed being added to the roster on both sides of the ball. When Frost was hired people were saying he wouldn't be able to recruit the speed. FALSE!!!!

Did you notice that the clips you posted do not feature Nebraska players?

Its weird how players/teams that know what the eff they're doing look faster. I don't think 2 tenths on the stopwatch are keeping us from beating Purdue and Indiana. It's, you know.... every other freaking aspect of playing actual football.

Did you notice that the clips you posted do not feature Nebraska players?

Oh I know. Just wanted to see if people noticed who it was. One of the great Oregon running backs while Frost was there and then later I posted a gif of the speedy guy he recruited at UCF. Then I was going to post one of Wandale.

This is just a "SMH at the media" threads more than anything else.

Oh I know. Just wanted to see if people noticed who it was. One of the great Oregon running backs while Frost was there and then later I posted a gif of the speedy guy he recruited at UCF. Then I was going to post one of Wandale.

Fakenews media, amirite?

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha

Names and 40 yard times, please, Mr. Knower of all things.

Because, if you can't at least give us their names, then how do we know they weren't recruited by someone else (i.e. the UCF guy might have already been there when Frost showed up).

I get what you're saying.....

But by the start of the 1990s, Nebraska had a head coach that had been winning 9 games a year (11 game schedule) for close to 20 years.
He was also handed a program that was coming off of back to back National Championships, not a team coming off a 3 year .500 winning rate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT