Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
Wow, didn't see that coming. Sheesh, if the press crucifies Nebraska for firing they better be all over this one.

Reactions: BigRedLegion
McElwain was being paid 4,268,385...

11 of the top 14 Head Coach in the SEC are in the top 30 salaries.

7-5 and Riley is a lock to stay. 6-6 is iffy but you boys should prepare yourself for the possibility of Riley being here next year.
7-5 he might be retained but we all know his teams will never be a real threat in the Big 10. He's just a bad fit here and we need to move on. He'll be canned next year for sure after that brutal schedule.

7-5 he might be retained but we all know his teams will never be a real threat in the Big 10. He's just a bad fit here and we need to move on. He'll be canned next year for sure after that brutal schedule.

And that would be the reason why Moos would move in another direction...

Nebraska needs a future I don't see it with Riley and his staff. It's broke so it needs to be fixed.

MR is gone... Team can NOT rush the ball, can NOT return a punt, is extremely below average on defense, below average on offense, and has ZERO mean streak in itself. This is the worst NU team I've ever seen.

Callahans 2007 team is right with this one but they were worse on defense if that's so hard to believe.

USC scored 49
Ball St-40
Missouri - 41
Okie St- 45
Kansas- 76
Colorado- 65

Reactions: rpappy3
SEC just cares more. By the time we fire Riley Frost is finishing negotiations. Moos get busy asap.
We have some really out of control fans. You’d think Frost was the second coming of Lombardi. At least let Riley get a fifth loss before you run him out of town.

BTW, Florida fired their coach now — if he has actually been fired?? — because of his goofy behavior not the losses. Goofy behavior, something our fans on this board are exhibiting in spades lately.

Last edited:
We have some really out of control fans. You’d think Frost was the second coming of Lombardi. At least let Riley get a fifth loss before you run him out of town.

BTW, Florida fired their coach now — if he has actually been fired?? — because of his goofy behavior not the losses. Goofy behavior, something our fans on this board are exhibiting in spades lately.

Um that's a hard no that he was fired for his goofy behavior. FU was looking for any means necessary to fire him for on field results and wanted to do it in a way where they didn't have to pay him that $12M. They found it with his recent "goofy" behavior and struck when the iron was hot.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
He is a horrible coach and if you can't see that by the way the team plays and is managed you are completely blind or lying to yourself. Nothing should save his job and he should be gone.
But they fought hard and rallied to come from behind and beat...Purdue.

Um that's a hard no that he was fired for his goofy behavior. FU was looking for any means necessary to fire him for on field results and wanted to do it in a way where they didn't have to pay him that $12M. They found it with his recent "goofy" behavior and struck when the iron was hot.
They're delusional if they think they are getting out of that contract. All McElwain has to do is scroll through facebook or twitter for 5 minutes and he's 12 million bucks richer.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR

His firing had to do with on the field. Th bizarre behavior is just the icing on the top. He was brought in to fix the offense and it hasn’t improved, and he is 2-6 against h SEC west.

"Boosters trying to hire Frost"

Where's the source on this?
That's what I'm wondering. You would think they'd be interested in Matt Campbell just as much, he's the one beating top 10 teams.

Just stop. Frost can't sign anything until the season is over. He is fully aware of NU's situation and he will likely know the minute the Iowa game is over whether or not we have an opening. IF he wants to come to NU, he'll wait.

Cut it out with the Frost won’t sign anything strawman - EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

What can be started now is informal communications with frosts agent indicating interest, getting asst coach salaries scoped, contracts prepped, etc.

This isn’t hard to figure out except for idiots here.

Reactions: otismotis08
I get a 7-5 finish could mean Riley remains HC. The ass kickings vs tOSU and Wisky mean another ass kicking by PSU could be enough he is gonzo anyway.

Cut it out with the Frost won’t sign anything strawman - EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

What can be started now is informal communications with frosts agent indicating interest, getting asst coach salaries scoped, contracts prepped, etc.

This isn’t hard to figure out except for idiots here.
Nobody said they could not do what you stated. Keep up with your act though, it sure is neat.

Except for the fact that Frost doesn’t know if Riley will in fact be let go. He knows the Florida position is open.

Hell, some of you still haven’t seen enough and think we should give Riley another year, to see if he can somehow have that magical season that’s been eluding him his entire 2+ decade career.

Yep, plenty of idiots here think Riley needs another year.

If we don’t fire Riley after firing SE we’ll look like colossal idiots nationally (ex: you don’t see UF getting criticized for firing a coach that’s won back to back SEC east titles).

Except for the fact that Frost doesn’t know if Riley will in fact be let go. He knows the Florida position is open.

Hell, some of you still haven’t seen enough and think we should give Riley another year, to see if he can somehow have that magical season that’s been eluding him his entire 2+ decade career.

I think that Frost is smart enough to know that Firing SE and hiring a new AD means there is going to be a change it's just a matter of when....

I'm sure Frost and his agent realize there is going to be more than one school looking for a new Head Coach including Nebraska.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I think that Frost is smart enough to know that Firing SE and hiring a new AD means there is going to be a change it's just a matter of when....

I'm sure Frost and his agent realize there is going to be more than one school looking for a new Head Coach including Nebraska.
Agreed. It really is a matter of when, but that ball is and had been in Riley’s court. Hiring a new AD was necessary. Eichorst was a clownshoe.

I’m sure moos is setting the stage and making his intentions perfectly clear. He’s telling frosts agent that barring a miracle the job is his with very generous terms. Also think TO wants to see SF in Lincoln which is a very big factor.

I wouldn’t be so sure, remember Moos gave Wulff at WSU another year. But if UF has already contacted Frosts agent and it’s thanksgiving and Moos hasn’t made any contact yet we could easily miss out on SF given UF will want someone in place immediately for the December signing day.

I’m sure moos is setting the stage and making his intentions perfectly clear. He’s telling frosts agent that barring a miracle the job is his with very generous terms. Also think TO wants to see SF in Lincoln which is a very big factor.

Based on Moos radio interviews he wants to wait until the end of the year

If I'm Florida, and if they really want Frost, you have to go to his agent, throw a boatload of money his way, and say they have to agree in principle by November 15th. If Frost's answer is "Imma wait until the end of the season," expand your search.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT