ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't they just fire Miles now?

3 years later and the same people are still beating the same tired old worn out drum.

And it’s sad that they have to beat that same old worn out drum. It’s not like Tim Miles has earned anything less. He’s awful. Just awful. Nothing you can say can change that. Nothing

And it’s sad that they have to beat that same old worn out drum. It’s not like Tim Miles has earned anything less. He’s awful. Just awful. Nothing you can say can change that. Nothing
I will say he has some nice talent on this team, though three of them are nearing the end of their eligibility. If he can’t win big with this talent, when can he ever win big? Next year, I guess.

I will say he has some nice talent on this team, though three of them are nearing the end of their eligibility. If he can’t win big with this talent, when can he ever win big? Next year, I guess.
If he can't make the tourney I don't think there will be a "next year" I am almost thinking if he does make it and can't get past the first rd he may not have a next year. Like you said, he has a very talented team. If he can't make it work with this team, there is no way he will have success with any other team.

From what I hear, AD Moos is a disciplinarian, which is the exact opposite of Miles coaching. I think unless we reach the Sweet 16 he is gone. I hope so because he can't coach at this level and our facilities and fan support are through the roof.
I'm decidedly not in the We-Gotta-Keep-Timmy Club, but I can't imagine the Sweet 16 is where the bar is set for him to keep his job.

Make the tourney and he probably stays. Win one tournament game and he definitely stays. Moos hired Ernie Kent twice, so I don't think his standards for basketball coaches are all that lofty.

Reactions: dinglefritz
From what I hear, AD Moos is a disciplinarian, which is the exact opposite of Miles coaching. I think unless we reach the Sweet 16 he is gone. I hope so because he can't coach at this level and our facilities and fan support are through the roof.

Wait, let me get this straight we’re the only major P5 team to never win a NCAA tourney game in history. And you think he’d have to get to sweet 16 to keep his job. One win in March madness Absolutely gets him another year.

Not if your AD didn’t hire you and doesn’t like you.

And last nights game was like watching two YMCA teams play a summer league game. That is not going to fly here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT