ADVERTISEMENT

Why all the cancellations

Skerz81

Walk On
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
I’ve been on vacation with very little to no internet for almost a week. What is all of the talk about sub cancellations and shutting down this site?

So what happens if I do nothing??

aea6223e-14c9-48da-88f0-8888b542dbbb_text.gif

None of the main mens sports at Nebraska are any good, so that can’t be good for a business based on people paying to read about them:

1. Baseball just went 23-30 for its worst finish since 1975.

2. Basketball went 10-22 last season and is almost always bad historically.

3. Scott “The Savior” Frost has gone 4-8, 5-7, 3-5, and 3-9 so far. His only areas of success are securing contract extensions he doesn’t deserve and cringeworthy, regrettable comments.

No one buys the hype anymore.

Sean has confirmed husker online is leaving the rivals network but obviously can't advertise his new website which should be easy enough to figure out.

I think many of us on this board are curious about the status of this site starting tomorrow…thanks.

Reactions: scarletred
So Husker Online is going away, I would also think the open scrolls is going bye bye too.

I think many of us on this board are curious about the status of this site starting tomorrow…thanks.
It seems as though it will be $ 1.00 the first year, then $ 99.00 for a year after that. Since I post and enjoy the banter, I will of course pay the $ 1.00 since that represents enough entertainment value. Paying the $ 99.00 for next year will be a no go for me, if I have been unwilling to pay $ 99.00 previously, I wouldn't consider it in the future.

I don't know the mechanics of the move, but the timing, from a marketing standpoint is all wrong. Why make a change in the middle of summer when the activity level is at rock bottom? Why not try to string the thing along and then make the change about August 1 or so?

No one is going to miss the lack of interest right now, but at the beginning of fall practice and leading into the season would generate a lot more interest.

If that August 1 date were put in place, and a percentage of posters felt they had enough value from the site, they may have just renewed it for another year. At this point, June 1, unless you are one of the prolific posters on the site, I don't see the need to pay much money considering the lack of value.

For the next 3 months, June, July and most of August there just isn't anything going on worth paying for.

Reactions: WHCSC
Reminds me of the movie War Games, where they believe the incoming ICBM'S are fake and call out to each air base to see if they are still there after the computer screen shows impact.

It seems as though it will be $ 1.00 the first year, then $ 99.00 for a year after that. Since I post and enjoy the banter, I will of course pay the $ 1.00 since that represents enough entertainment value. Paying the $ 99.00 for next year will be a no go for me, if I have been unwilling to pay $ 99.00 previously, I wouldn't consider it in the future.

I don't know the mechanics of the move, but the timing, from a marketing standpoint is all wrong. Why make a change in the middle of summer when the activity level is at rock bottom? Why not try to string the thing along and then make the change about August 1 or so?

No one is going to miss the lack of interest right now, but at the beginning of fall practice and leading into the season would generate a lot more interest.

If that August 1 date were put in place, and a percentage of posters felt they had enough value from the site, they may have just renewed it for another year. At this point, June 1, unless you are one of the prolific posters on the site, I don't see the need to pay much money considering the lack of value.

For the next 3 months, June, July and most of August there just isn't anything going on worth paying for.
Must not be Sean’s decision on the actual timing. There may be a control with rivals that is ending today. Month to month May not be an option.
Also moving in June gets all the kinks out before fall practice

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I just tried to sign up but it said my username had invalid characters. It’s a sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT