ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock on Deion

Huskerfan2112

Senior
Dec 7, 2009
I do think alot of it is fair to say! Can see most of that easy to come up with for sure.
Who knows. Time will not lie.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think I could like neon deon if he went to oregon state, or arizona, or ole miss...maybe william and mary....
a school that I don't have a negitive historical veiw point on..
but free shoes? the dallas crackboys? cu? really?

I don't get some people...on one hand they clamor for more black head coaching representations, then a lily white school rolls the dice on an unproven black guy, giving him a legit shot, and they still whine. It's almost like some people just want to whine. I like a lot of Whitlocks stuff but think this article makes him look like an ass. He should be celebrating this situation for Colorado giving him a shot he prolly didn't deserve. But noooo.

Also betting if CU had hired a white guy, people would have whined a black guy didn't get the job to.

lol. Deion ha handled his fair share of criticism in the past. If he fails it won’t be because of criticism.

I'm not sure I've ever agreed with anything that dude has ever said, but he sure made a good point there.

I don't even know who that is (ESPN guy?). Just thought it was an interesting counterpoint to all the Deion is so great for the game and the kids rhetoric we've been hearing. When in reality he sold a bill of goods to a group of kids. And couldn't even thank the kids or school on the way out. Just talking about the bag chasing Prime or whatever.

Last edited:
I don't even know who that is (ESPN guy?). Just thought it was an interesting counterpoint to all the Deion is so great for the game and the kids rhetoric we've been hearing. When in reality he sold a bill of goods to a group of kids. And couldn't even thank the kids or school on the way out. Just talking about the bag chasing Prime or whatever.
Well, being that he's not "out yet" could have something to do with that. He's coaching them in the Celebration Bowl 11am ABC, Sat. 10/17.

"Women consume; men build."

Oof.
That should sufficiently crank up the click meter.

I mean, I didn't disagree with with some of his takes, but not sure I can see the benefit of kicking that particular hornets nest.

I don't get some people...on one hand they clamor for more black head coaching representations, then a lily white school rolls the dice on an unproven black guy, giving him a legit shot, and they still whine. It's almost like some people just want to whine. I like a lot of Whitlocks stuff but think this article makes him look like an ass. He should be celebrating this situation for Colorado giving him a shot he prolly didn't deserve. But noooo.

Also betting if CU had hired a white guy, people would have whined a black guy didn't get the job to.
Yeah I don't get all the crying about how Sanders said he was committed to staying at Jackson State, but then bolted for a Power 5 opportunity. My goodness - say it ain't so!!! How could a football coach at a smaller school do such a thing???

Remember Pee Jay signing the 6-year extension at Western Michigan? Or Scott Frost and Josh Heupel saying how much they loved it at UCF? And yes, when he was at Temple, Matt Rhule said he would never "sell his soul" for a mere $4 million.

Deion using Jackson State as a springboard to a big payday is no different than what they all do in this era.

Yeah I don't get all the crying about how Sanders said he was committed to staying at Jackson State, but then bolted for a Power 5 opportunity. My goodness - say it ain't so!!! How could a football coach at a smaller school do such a thing???

Remember Pee Jay signing the 6-year extension at Western Michigan? Or Scott Frost and Josh Heupel saying how much they loved it at UCF? And yes, when he was at Temple, Matt Rhule said he would never "sell his soul" for a mere $4 million.

Deion using Jackson State as a springboard to a big payday is no different than what they all do in this era.

I think the people like Whitlock and Jones are upset because they believed Deion. They actually bought what he was selling. Everyone knew coaches like PJ and Frost were trying to climb the ladder and get to the big time. But Neon Deion was supposed to be different. He was already wealthy and was called by God to go to Jackson State. He was going to dedicate his life to raising the profile of HBCU’s Some people were naive enough to buy that.

Of course Deion’s God also told him not to pay his bills.

He left for what he thinks is a better opportunity and a FAR bigger paycheck. Unless the people criticizing him have never left a job for a better job, they need to STFU.
I guarantee you that if he had gone 5-27 instead of 27-5, JSU wouldn’t have cared one bit about his goal of elevating HBCUs. They would have fired his arse and nobody would have felt bad for him.

Last edited:
That should sufficiently crank up the click meter.

I mean, I didn't disagree with with some of his takes, but not sure I can see the benefit of kicking that particular hornets nest.

Needs to be remembered...lol

He left for what he thinks is a better opportunity and a FAR bigger paycheck. Unless the people criticizing him have never left a job for a better job, they need to STFU.
I guarantee you that if he had gone 5-27 instead of 27-5, JSU wouldn’t have cared one bit about his goal of elevating HBCUs. They would have fired his arse and nobody would have felt bad for him.
Yep. Loyalty only works one way for people who bash coaches. They expect a winning coach to be loyal, but don't expect it in return if he loses. I will say the one exception is frost. Nebraska was super loyal to frost even as he kept sucking

Whitlock is a troll
This. Whitlock is writing an article for the Blaze whose base is, according to their website, "somewhere on the center-right to right of the modern American political spectrum.". It was founded by Glenn Beck.

In other words, Whitlocks audience here is composed of a LARGE majority of white people.

Now, if Whitlock is writing for The Blaze isn't it hypocritical for him to lambast Deion for leaving the HBCUs and going to a white university?

Furthermore he thinks Sanders would have stayed in Jackson if the money was right. He's wrong. Prime will get his money but he wants to make it on the biggest stage. IMO that drives him far more at this stage of life than does money.

Whitlock doesn't get it.

So, kinda like you?
Lol you still not a fan of my mickey takes even after he was revealed to be a domestic abuser? He isn't a good coach and I stand by loudly saying he shouldn't have gotten the job. He also covered up domestic abuse for a player at LSU. We dodged a meteor by not hiring him.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Lol you still not a fan of my mickey takes even after he was revealed to be a domestic abuser? He isn't a good coach and I stand by loudly saying he shouldn't have gotten the job. He also covered up domestic abuse for a player at LSU. We dodged a meteor by not hiring him.
Kind of feels like the meteor struck us - with all the transfers and decommits.

I think the people like Whitlock and Jones are upset because they believed Deion. They actually bought what he was selling. Everyone knew coaches like PJ and Frost were trying to climb the ladder and get to the big time. But Neon Deion was supposed to be different. He was already wealthy and was called by God to go to Jackson State. He was going to dedicate his life to raising the profile of HBCU’s Some people were naive enough to buy that.

Of course Deion’s God also told him not to pay his bills.
Whitlock’s motives are nothing more than to get clicks by criticizing Deion.

Reactions: headcard
I see the pluses and minuses of hiring Deion. First, CU is in the dumpster and needs to jolt the program i a big way to be relevant. This checks that box. Second, CU wants the recruits out of Cali and elsewhere to match up. They should get that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT