ADVERTISEMENT

WHEN we get in . . .

ESPNs projections as of a few minutes ago as I watched KU/OSU. Nebraska is the #3 listed team in the first 4 out. Right behind Penn State. . Please Purdue beat them.

ESPNs projections as of a few minutes ago as I watched KU/OSU. Nebraska is the #3 listed team in the first 4 out. Right behind Penn State. . Please Purdue beat them.
Texas, K-State, Marquette and Syracuse all won today and Oklahoma State is leading Kansas. Oregon is leading Washington and Penn State is down early, but otherwise the bubble teams seem to be winning today.

Reactions: newAD
If it were kentucky, duke, zona, or mich state with our current record and all other things equal....would they get in?
Curious on opinions

If it were kentucky, duke, zona, or mich state with our current record and all other things equal....would they get in?
Curious on opinions

Those schools ALL play ridiculously tough OOC schedules. So they would never be on this situation. If they had 20 plus wins, more than 6 would be against teams with a winning record.

Reactions: newAD
Those schools ALL play ridiculously tough OOC schedules. So they would never be on this situation. If they had 20 plus wins, more than 6 would be against teams with a winning record.
My hypothetical question says all things equal. And you never know who would bomb and all the sudden yoir OOC isnt that strong.
All things equal, except who it is and their brand and reputation, do they get in?

My hypothetical question says all things equal. And you never know who would bomb and all the sudden yoir OOC isnt that strong.
All things equal, except who it is and their brand and reputation, do they get in?

It’s a flawed hypothetical. Nebraska isn’t those schools.

If Nebraska had won a couple of NCAA tournament games ever and hadn’t had 3 consecutive losing seasons coming into this season, they may also have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

But.............

Reactions: dinglefritz
It’s a flawed hypothetical. Nebraska isn’t those schools.

If Nebraska had won a couple of NCAA tournament games ever and hadn’t had 3 consecutive losing seasons coming into this season, they may also have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

But.............
K so yes.

If Ohio St football was 12-1 they get into the CFP if Baylor is 12-1 they don’t. Who cares?
Calm down.
Its just a question on a message board.
I care because all this quad 1 and 2 crap is all meaningless in the end. They know who they want and dont want.
And after Fridays butt kicking I dont blame them.
Beat Illinois and dont crap ourselves we have more of a grievance.

No. Our RPI and win resume just isn’t there. Doesn’t matter what name is on it. Simple wins and losses isn’t an effective analysis in college basketball
Thanks for the answer, we will never know, but i highly doubt duke would be left out with 22 wins against anybody. Silly to think otherwise imo.

Reactions: tad2001
comparative seasons

Nebraska 2014 -- 19-12/ RPI 48/ SOS - 30/ Tier 1 wins - 3 -- NCAA tourney
Mich State 2017 - 19-14/ RPI 50/ SOS - 11/ Tier 1 wins - 4 -- NCAA tourney
Nebraska 2017 - 22-10/ RPI 64/ SOS - 96/ Tier 1 wins - 1 (@home) ???

Last edited:
Nebraska's biggest problem now is that the other teams on the bubble continue to pick up critical wins. NU failed to show up for their best chance at a critical win.

Had NU defeated Illinois two weeks ago - said another way - had NU been able to beat one of the worst teams in the league two weeks ago, they might still have reasonable argument. But now, there is no argument 'for' Nebraska that isn't easily dismissed.

It's still hard to imagine how the team with the most to play for in New York this week completely crapped themselves. No other team had as much riding on their first tournament game as Nebraska. How could they fail so miserably?

Nebraska's biggest problem now is that the other teams on the bubble continue to pick up critical wins. NU failed to show up for their best chance at a critical win.

Had NU defeated Illinois two weeks ago - said another way - had NU been able to beat one of the worst teams in the league two weeks ago, they might still have reasonable argument. But now, there is no argument 'for' Nebraska that isn't easily dismissed.

It's still hard to imagine how the team with the most to play for in New York this week completely crapped themselves. No other team had as much riding on their first tournament game as Nebraska. How could they fail so miserably?

1) Michigan is VERY good. Proved that yesterday.

2) teams under pressure play tight all the time. It’s not an anomaly that Nebraska didn’t play well when it mattered most. Happens all the time in sports.

Calm down.
Its just a question on a message board.
I care because all this quad 1 and 2 crap is all meaningless in the end. They know who they want and dont want.
And after Fridays butt kicking I dont blame them.
Beat Illinois and dont crap ourselves we have more of a grievance.

Except it isn’t meaningless. That is how the committee is going to judge teams. You may not like it and you may not agree with it but it isn’t meaningless

2) teams under pressure play tight all the time. It’s not an anomaly that Nebraska didn’t play well when it mattered most. Happens all the time in sports.

Truer words have never been spoken about NU hoops...."It's not an anomaly that Nebraska didn't play well when it mattered most."

Reactions: scarletred
Except it isn’t meaningless. That is how the committee is going to judge teams. You may not like it and you may not agree with it but it isn’t meaningless
Ok, hypothetical. Chill out. You answered yes, others have given proof of no. It doesnt matter

Ha ha this is about you and your “hypothetical”.
I know, which is why you really should calm down, you are letting your butthurt over riley/frost spill over to all areas. Im not the first to notice. Hope you can get over it.
Goodbye and good luck.

They’ve got one of the best in game coaches IMO. To do what they have done in 2 conference tourneys in a row? Unbelievable.

Lunardi now has us as the 8th team out. We may not even be a #1 seed in the NIT.
While I don't take the bracketologists' word as Gospel, the Huskers are in the clubhouse and need a bunch of bubble teams to start hitting balls into the water hazard on #18.

Reactions: jlb321

f3e.jpeg

No. Our RPI and win resume just isn’t there. Doesn’t matter what name is on it. Simple wins and losses isn’t an effective analysis in college basketball

I've made this analogy to friends of mine who are old enough to remember it. Nebraska's basketball season this year, and some of our fans trying to justify a bid in the dance was somewhat similar to BYU's fans trying to justify why the deserved the national championship in 1984. BYU beat at the time #3 Pitt on the road to open the season, but ended up going 3-7-1 that year. They finished the year beating the # 6 Big 10 team Michigan by a TD. They beat no one who ended up ranked at the end of the season, and the next best teams in their conference were Air Force 8-4 and Hawaii at 7-4.

Did the schedule do Nebraska any favors? Nope. But you have to beat somebody, and more importantly, you have to beat somebody on the road and neutral courts. We beat one team that is going to the dance. Just like BYU (the least deserving undefeated mythical national champion ever), the wins weren't there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT