ADVERTISEMENT

What Could Have Been

I want to beat Iowa but hope Iowa wins the west and gets the beating of year by either Michigan or Ohio st

I want to beat Iowa but hope Iowa wins the west and gets the beating of year by either Michigan or Ohio st
All of the above could easily happen. Our offense showed a pulse today but we are generally pathetic on O. I'm still debating if I'd rather win out and get our butts kicked in Indy or lose two and stay home? I'm thinking I'd take the Indy trip just to have some beers and see how close we can hang.

if the "me me me" quarterback doesn't even run the play that's called, what's it matter?
Remember the Michigan State where we were in the red zone right before half, had a time out and it was first down? Haarberg decided to throw the ball into the endzone right to the safety.

You could see Rhule on the sideline yelling at Haarberg, "Why are you throwing that? You didn't need to, it was only 1st down."

Obviously that's something that was worked on in practice and yet, Haarberg went hero-mode on 1st down and that tells me how much of a "me" guy he is and/or how little respect he has for Rhule.

Remember the Michigan State where we were in the red zone right before half, had a time out and it was first down? Haarberg decided to throw the ball into the endzone right to the safety.

You could see Rhule on the sideline yelling at Haarberg, "Why are you throwing that? You didn't need to, it was only 1st down."

Obviously that's something that was worked on in practice and yet, Haarberg went hero-mode on 1st down and that tells me how much of a "me" guy he is and/or how little respect he has for Rhule.
did he run the play that was called or go rogue and decide he knew better?

whatever. it is what it is.

year 1 - abject failure if we lose out.

all the momentum we'd built in October is gone and then some.

looking forward to bloody monday when the OL coach is sent packing and then sometime in mid-march when we hire a new basketball coach.

offseason will be interesting as ever.

did he run the play that was called or go rogue and decide he knew better?

whatever. it is what it is.

year 1 - abject failure if we lose out.

all the momentum we'd built in October is gone and then some.

looking forward to bloody monday when the OL coach is sent packing and then sometime in mid-march when we hire a new basketball coach.

offseason will be interesting as ever.
He went rogue and threw it into the endzone when he didn't need to and when clearly, he had been told before, not to do it.

Everything else you said, unfortunately is very true.

You & I have hashed out all that can be said on the QB subject. We'll see what happens & just hope for fewer screw-ups & a W.

The coaches trust these QBs too much. They expect they will see the throw isn't there (like any moderately competent QB) and throw it away. Believe it or not, on third and goal from the 7 that is a pretty good play call, even if you get sacked. It's there for an easy score or it's a short field goal.
Which leads me to believe these QBs really think they can thread the needle and get the ball in between three defenders. They don't have the ability. Never will.
Why give Purdy even the chance to make that throw? He's a third year player, so is HH, and Sims is a 4th year guy. They ought to know their own strengths and limitations. So maybe you think they are smart enough to know "the throw isn't there". The throw isn't there even for Brady. The receiver just isn't open. Period
We need to just focus on running the ball 75-85% and stop hoping these QBs get it. They would not succeed even if we still had Palmer. They would never get the ball to him.

I like Matt Rhule, this is not a criticism of him it’s just a obvious analysis. We should with out question be 8 & 2, we aren’t because of the coaching. Look at these last few games. Does anyone believe for one minute that Raiola would be playing these linemen had his starters not gotten hurt, these younger linemen are playing 25% better! As a team we’ve only had one penalty in two games. With out question, in the last three games Rhule has had more confidence in Alvano then any of our quarterbacks, yet we choose to trust them more inside the twenty five more than Tristan. Johnson, has been hitting almost five yards a carry for the last three games, averaging 75 yds each game, yet Satterfield goes to the interception prone quarterbacks and unproven receivers in crunch time. Inside the twenty five on fourth and short all day long and next week any NFL coach worth his salt would take a field goal, go with Alvano! Satterfield said all week, “Haarberg needs to get back to basics and just run through their face”. So when Haarberg comes out of the medical tent and says he’s ready, Satterfield says “no”. It wasn’t the medical team that held him out. MR says he wants to be the team that wins the fourth quarter, three games we lost in the fourth, Minnesota, MSU and Maryland. Go back to your gut check and rely on the players that have proven themselves, there’s only a couple. Take the play calling out of Satterfields hands in the fourth quarter and go with ball security and points. We can win these last two, take the fourth quarter into your own hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
The coaches trust these QBs too much. They expect they will see the throw isn't there (like any moderately competent QB) and throw it away. Believe it or not, on third and goal from the 7 that is a pretty good play call, even if you get sacked. It's there for an easy score or it's a short field goal.
Which leads me to believe these QBs really think they can thread the needle and get the ball in between three defenders. They don't have the ability. Never will.
Why give Purdy even the chance to make that throw? He's a third year player, so is HH, and Sims is a 4th year guy. They ought to know their own strengths and limitations. So maybe you think they are smart enough to know "the throw isn't there". The throw isn't there even for Brady. The receiver just isn't open. Period
We need to just focus on running the ball 75-85% and stop hoping these QBs get it. They would not succeed even if we still had Palmer. They would never get the ball to him.
I actually thought that pass from the 7 was for Coleman, but he either got jammed or stopped on the route. But what do I know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT