ADVERTISEMENT

What are your thoughts on Bronco Mendenhall?

CoastGuard2018

Walk On
Jul 25, 2017
Might not be the most glamorous hire but is a good defensive guy with a pretty solid resume. Went to 14 bowl games as a head coach.

Dogsh!t trev would prove football doesn't matter at a nebraska university again
Ouch. A little harsh, but would go over like a lead balloon, and would be a good indicator that more than a couple candidates turned us down. Walked away from headcoaching, maybe he'd like a job on the defense.

Out of this world bad hire. Good guy and good coach but no upside. Might as well have not fired Scott around and kept the 7.5M until October. I thought that was a statement that NU wouldn't accept shit anymore.
Good guy and good coach would indicate that it isn't a bad hire. Not a splash hire at all, but you combine great recruiters with a good coach, we're gonna win a lot of games.

Good guy and good coach would indicate that it isn't a bad hire. Not a splash hire at all, but you combine great recruiters with a good coach, we're gonna win a lot of games.
If you think NU's ceiling is 8-5 he's a fine hire. No top assistants are going to work with him either bc he's different. His perfect situation was staying at BYU.

I'd go who is that, to a slightly lesser degree than Riley, because I've at least heard of him. I'd be depressed as hell honestly, though its not like I'm really smart enough to know jack shit.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Might not be the most glamorous hire but is a good defensive guy with a pretty solid resume. Went to 14 bowl games as a head coach.
team america vomit GIF

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Let Mendenhall be hired by Colorado..

Don’t even think TA is considering him in the very first place..

Reactions: headcard
I liked him a lot back in the day.

I don't think he's the right hire at this point in time though. Same goes for Jeff Monken. I respect both of them and the toughness their teams play with but doubt their abilities to hire top notch assistants and recruit at a high level.

I wouldn't riot if he were hired...but I might cry a little.

Reactions: headcard
Didn't he quit at UVA because he was tired of coaching and wanted to spend more time fly fishing and riding horses?

That does not seem to jive with Trev's statement about wanting to hire a grinder with no hobbies.

Reactions: BleedRed78
(bronco) sounds like a cu coach, i heard cu is going after neon deon too

Last edited:
The guy at 247 is the only guy pumping the Bronco story which makes me think he was fed it as misdirection. If not we're in a world of pain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT