ADVERTISEMENT

We won a one possession game

Sure did, and we all had our doubts until that 4th down pass hit the ground and there were no flags on the field. On to the next and bowl eligibility!
Our fans in the stadium exude a level of angst that is unsurpassed in college football. Everyone, players included, can feel it. TV commentators even talk about it. Then our team plays tight... just a coincidence?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Felt like it needed it's own thread considering we haven't been able to do that for a long time!
It was a very good win in my book. Really two good wins in a row. We typically have lost road games when we're not up at half time and we lose a lot of close games at home. I'm happy for these kids.

5-1 into the bye week. Time to get ready for a big road test at Indiana. I would love to be 6-2 and returning home to face UCLA.

It was a very good win in my book. Really two good wins in a row. We typically have lost road games when we're not up at half time and we lose a lot of close games at home. I'm happy for these kids.

5-1 into the bye week. Time to get ready for a big road test at Indiana. I would love to be 6-2 and returning home to face UCLA.
7-1 would be even better...... There's a chance. OSU has been surprised at home before.

Reactions: shocksker
Our fans in the stadium exude a level of angst that is unsurpassed in college football. Everyone, players included, can feel it. TV commentators even talk about it. Then our team plays tight... just a coincidence?
Fans do pretty well. It gets to a point sometimes where the play is poor for an extended period of time and things get a little nerve wracking. All the fault lies with those on the field.

Fans do pretty well. It gets to a point sometimes where the play is poor for an extended period of time and things get a little nerve wracking. All the fault lies with those on the field.
it's a game. Those nerve wracking moments are why it's not boring. The problem if there is one is that too many people have their feelings of self worth tied to the W-L record of a sports team. The whole state goes in to a funk when the Huskers lose. They've done studies to show not only the economic but psychological benefits to the state as a whole from a win versus a loss.

We visited 8 different stores over 3 hours on Saturday morning to try to find Husker t-shirts for our grandkids to wear to the game. You could find one of a style but the selection was very limited. Von Mauer was pretty much sold out. Rally had a limited selection. Nothing at multiple stores. Finally found 2 in the right sizes at Boutique Targette... The kids department salesman at Von Mauer said they were almost sold out of adult and kids Husker gear at the time. We didn't have enough time to drive out to Scheels but they might have had a better selection. Huskers win and you can feel the whole state rise up.

it's a game. Those nerve wracking moments are why it's not boring. The problem if there is one is that too many people have their feelings of self worth tied to the W-L record of a sports team. The whole state goes in to a funk when the Huskers lose. They've done studies to show not only the economic but psychological benefits to the state as a whole from a win versus a loss.

We visited 8 different stores over 3 hours on Saturday morning to try to find Husker t-shirts for our grandkids to wear to the game. You could find one of a style but the selection was very limited. Von Mauer was pretty much sold out. Rally had a limited selection. Nothing at multiple stores. Finally found 2 in the right sizes at Boutique Targette... The kids department salesman at Von Mauer said they were almost sold out of adult and kids Husker gear at the time. We didn't have enough time to drive out to Scheels but they might have had a better selection. Huskers win and you can feel the whole state rise up.
Ok

Reactions: leodisflowers
I’m not so sure about this statement. I wasnt sensing any angst at the game last Saturday. I was definitely concerned about our D in the first quarter, thinking their RB was gonna gash us all day. But they made adjustments and the D play was lights out. That made it a LOT more exciting and Maybe more energetic. (Not that our section wasn’t rocking the whole time,)

So in that regard, the play of the team affected the fans. Not the other way around.

As for the offense, things internal to the team provided angst. Poor snaps, whatever was going on with DR, etc.

If you hit a dog with a stick continually for 6 years it would be really weird if doesn't exhibit a high level of angst when someone walks toward it with a stick.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT