ADVERTISEMENT

We won … haven’t beat them the last 3 years

I disagree somewhat. With 90 seconds left there’s still enough time to try to get points. It’s easy to say we should have killed clock, but I’m pretty sure if we would have run dives into the line, people would have been all over the coaching for not even trying for another score.

Truly a damned if you do, damned if you don’t circumstance. Nothing the coaches could have done would have been satisfactory, except score. That would have been acceptable. And that’s what they tried to do. In my opinion.
Yep. They were trying to run a 2 minute offense against a team that was selling out to stop the run.

I just look at the risk vs. the reward and the reward wasn't high enough. 1 in a million chance we drive and score a touchdown in those circumstances. And I hope Rhule/Satterfield didn't honestly think they could. So they risked all that for our inexperienced fg kicker to try a fg? At the risk of an interception or even a pick six? Makes zero sense. That's not who we are.
A field goal there would have been big. Personally I thought we had enough time mix in more run in the 2 minute drill but they no doubt had preplanned and practiced this situation and this was their play set. They probably need to modify their play selection going forward but at some point your offense is going to need to be able to execute a 2 minute offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT