ADVERTISEMENT

We should be used to this

When you spend half your week last week coaching your former team instead of making up ground on the recruiting trail these things tend to happen unfortunately. I though frost and co would overcome that decision with a really good showing today. Still have time to change the narrative but so far thud is right.

When you spend half your week last week coaching your former team instead of making up ground on the recruiting trail these things tend to happen unfortunately. I though frost and co would overcome that decision with a really good showing today. Still have time to change the narrative but so far thud is right.

Oh please. Two week relationship compared to a two year relationship. It would have been so much easier if they could have just spent an extra 4 hours a day recruiting.

While that may not have helped, even if he would have come to Nebraska 100%, this outcome may not have been much different.

We’re talking about signing day less than 3 weeks after being announced as coach, not a few months away.

I wasn’t expecting a hugely successful recruiting class after all the turmoil. I guess this just proves that some were wrong, and Frost isn’t the messiah. He will be a great coach for us, but this first year is not gonna tell us much.

He did not spend half the week coaching his team. However, still coaching his team also helped us land a 4-Star QB, plus 5 other players committed in two weeks. The thud is from a 4-8 season with Riley bringing this program to a new low. Get on board or get off the train.

Oh please. Two week relationship compared to a two year relationship. It would have been so much easier if they could have just spent an extra 4 hours a day recruiting.

This x 1000

We weren't ale to flip a couple three stars at the last minute, it really isn't the crisis some are making it out to be just yet. I think we will have a solid transition class when the dust settles in February.

I think we see now the posters on here that are just going to be negative no matter what. Doesn't matter who is coaching--they are going to always look at things the most negative way possible. Look at what Frost was left with to begin, consider the fact that there are always decommits with every coaching transition, look at the commits he has gotten in basically two weeks, and things don't look so bad.

Brown wanted to be wanted and finally got his offer and he jumped, nothing frost or anyone else could have done to stop it.

Frost is honoring his word, find athletes that know what that means and they will take the hard path and be better and make those around them better. Losing Brown, well ok, he didn't want to be here he wasn't going to fight through the tough times.

Why do some fans stick around, they only fight to prolong the tough times and it seems the only time they are happy.

HeadyLamar- Worst post I've seen here in a while. Frankly so off base it's funny (except you're serious). Quite the troll like post. Fans with public statements like this is exactly how the fan base became it's own worst enemy. You outta know by now that high profile recruits are prima donna's (Bookie, Cameron, etc). This staff put in major effort to even get where we are. You must be new to this recruiting thing (or one of those people that believes everything people write online-especially anonymous posters). It's going to be a smaller class, but we ARE getting important guys that will fit and help us win more games. You gonna tell us how much better you would've done, or what they're doing wrong, OR are you gonna let things play out a year a two before declaring "thud" and acting like a 3 yr old a few hours into a new signing period day?

PS: You're criticizing the NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR (if you're not a troll, you're likely at minimum a bonafide internet idiot).

GBR

Last edited:
We lose high ranked 3* for lower level 3 *. Have we ever had so many low level 3*. 5 of them!!! Save the 3* heart

Seriously? We had 5 guys rated 5.5 (low three) or lower in last years class (including Jaylin Bradley btw) in 2016 we only had 3 but in 2015 we also had 5. In 2014 we had 10 (including Josh Kalu and Chris Jones)....So the answer is, yes. We have a number of low rated 3 stars every year.

Seriously? We had 5 guys rated 5.5 (low three) or lower in last years class (including Jaylin Bradley btw) in 2016 we only had 3 but in 2015 we also had 5. In 2014 we had 10 (including Josh Kalu and Chris Jones)....So the answer is, yes. We have a number of low rated 3 stars every year.
Just his M.O. gotta find something to whine about. Never seen him post anything supportive of Husker football. Thought maybe it was just because of Riley, but now I think otherwise.

He did not spend half the week coaching his team. However, still coaching his team also helped us land a 4-Star QB, plus 5 other players committed in two weeks. The thud is from a 4-8 season with Riley bringing this program to a new low. Get on board or get off the train.
There has been a lot of train riding the last 15 years.

I'll just wait and see from the bar.

Everyone just relax .... there has never been a recruit that has signed a LOI in December that has amounted to jack squat. The next early signee that actually accomplishes something on the field will be the first.

I wish Mike Riley was still here so Nebraska could sign top 100 receivers who can go off for 200+ yards in games where the Huskers lose by 6 touchdowns.
I agree, it has been awesome watching Fitzpatrick, Key Jr., and Calvin lighting up Big Ten defenses.RollingLaugh

Reactions: davecisar

We only have 13 verbals so far. The percent of low 3* is higher than norm. And that’s with 3 Juco’s.

We only have 13 verbals so far. The percent of low 3* is higher than norm. And that’s with 3 Juco’s.
I'm not the least bit worried about star rankings in the class. Could care less in this transition year class. Just get athletes with speed and that can actually play physical football and tackle! Now let's get that Butler LB signed!

You only have 167 likes, so the percentage of your likes compared to the number of your posts suggests nobody gives a shit.

Hit a nerve I see. That’s called a high percent.
Likes mean a lot to me :) are you a snowflake bud?

I'm not the least bit worried about star rankings in the class. Could care less in this transition year class. Just get athletes with speed and that can actually play physical football and tackle! Now let's get that Butler LB signed!
This.
We are going to drive ourselves nuts if we fixate on stars this year. We just finished a worse-than-it-looks record of 4-8. We have a new coach and staff.
Let's just focus on the talent these guys bring to the table, rather than fixate on stars

Look, having a 4-8 season is going to hurt your program...there is no other way around it. Firing a coach during the first season of early signing is going to hurt more. And having a program in siberia where weed is illegal, and a program that is trying to do things "the right way" , is going to make it even more difficult to get splash commits. Michigan had 14 commits in Harbaughs first year, and he was hot stuff...but they have had good classes since. Our program has hit rock bottom...a complete reset. There is a reason that Scotties contract is 7 years.

Reactions: TheCloser17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT