ADVERTISEMENT

Public Service Announcement - Youth Camps

Phantom Husker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2008
Just left the Isiah Pacheco youth football camp at Ralston High School. Anyone with half a brain knows those are a total ripoff and just a money grab. I knew that going in and my expectations couldn’t be lower for the camp.

I paid $250 for my 6 year old to attend the camp at Ralston High School. There was easily 500 kids there and most stations there were 50+ kids at a station with one 50 year old guy in jeans throwing them a ball over the campers head after they ran a 5 yard route.

After about 4 stations in a row of my son not getting a single rep I flagged down the guy on the microphone that was the camp administrator that works for FlexWorks Sports Management to tell him what was going on. He blamed it on Ralston High School coaches that volunteered to help out and came, got a picture with Pacheco, then bounced. His words not mine.

I literally hopped in a drill to make sure that the kids that waited in line for 10 minutes actually got a ball thrown to them. There were 2 lines of 40 kids each running a route, and the guy in jeans threw the ball to a single side. Just a total disaster.

My fiancé broke up about 3 fist fights that were going on, took a kid to the medical tent that had a bloody nose from being punched, and was a babysitter. We got the privilege of doing that because I paid an extra $150 for field access to get some videos of my son.

They would have taken about 500 more kids’ money too if they signed up. They had about 10% of the help they needed there today and it was a total disaster of an event.

I don’t blame Pacheco at all, but always blame the groups that run these shit camps. If I paid $20 I would still be as upset. Kids cutting in lines everywhere, acting like total shitheads, and 1 person at each station that by the looks of it clearly didn’t want to be there. I would guess at least 100 parents paid an extra $400 for a special VIP package that says “one on one play with Pacheco.” They were running kids out and Pacheco would throw them a 5 yard pass using his opposite arm because of his hand surgery, it would land at their feet, and the next kid runs out. Each kid was on the field a total of 6 seconds for $400. lol

My son’s favorite part of the camp was running into Daniel Kaelin on the way out and getting a picture with him.

I might be organizing a youth football camp next summer. Learning actual football, developmental, instructional, real drills, footwork, technique, ball skills, with a $20 entry fee to get a tee-shirt. I told the clown camp administrator that if I would have known Ralston coaches and players were going to drop the ball I would have called a bunch of friends and had 15-20 volunteer football coaches up there with a couple hours notice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News