ADVERTISEMENT

Watts announcing today.

He’d be the 3rd WR on the ND board, Wr Jordan Johnson is the jewel in this recruiting class for them..

Reactions: Dean Pope

His PR agent should be fired - announcing late Friday afternoon when many are on a prolonged holiday isn’t going to garner much hype. Of course, if you are an instate kid who is planning to shun Nebraska it is the perfect time to deliver bad news.
No, actually this is a good plan if he's going to announce for Notre Dame because the Nebraskans who'd be most upset are all going to be on vacation.

No, actually this is a good plan if he's going to announce for Notre Dame because the Nebraskans who'd be most upset are all going to be on vacation.
It doesn’t bother me, he’s a 3 star, I thought most posters what 4 and 5 star. I’m glad he doing it now so the staff can move on

We may take back Dom Watt instead of X Watts. And I’d love to land Omar Manning. We’re in on a couple others I think that are not juco (Ajou Ajou etc).
Been said plenty but WR’s should love the idea of playing for our fast spread light up 60 pts a game attack.

We may take back Dom Watt instead of X Watts. And I’d love to land Omar Manning. We’re in on a couple others I think that are not juco (Ajou Ajou etc).
Been said plenty but WR’s should love the idea of playing for our fast spread light up 60 pts a game attack.

You really think we’re going to average 60 points a game?Laughing

Reactions: pellegrino

It's doubtful we land Manning or Ajou either.

Doesn't seem like there's any drama left in this one any more after what Betts said. So, with that said, it's good for Nebraska that he announce early so we can move on and not waste more time trying to impress him.
Agree, this one is over and sounds like it has been over for awhile. Glad he is announcing sooner than later. Not sure why some kids drag things on so long, when their minds are clearly made up.

I can get he might want his own directions, much like Gunnerson.
But, I don't get any wide out, including Ajou Ajou ,Manning etc, who doesn't take a very hard look at the offense and its QB, potential accolades etc.
So, his decision has no effect on what this program is, nor its current and upcoming position, especially on offense.

Reactions: bigRed-no-BiilyC
You really think we’re going to average 60 points a game?Laughing

Red,White, and Blue Kool Aid baby.

In all seriousness, my assessment of what Frost did at Oregon, UCF, and other similar attacks (Pirate Leach etc) have done is they score points. We have a lot of weapons even if there’s question marks. Averaging 60 is not necessarily realistic, but we should be scoring plenty. I would not be shocked if we average 42+ per game and hit 60 twice this year.

You mean like when he took a freshman QB & really young offense to the national title game? Or a 3 Star, under-recruited QB, to the CFP?
Here's your thing, when ND has an incredible defense, they squeeze in the playoffs, deservedly so, but not blowing the doors of the hinges coming into them.
Appreciate Kelly, but his teams arent known for their offenses.

If NU can take a big leap forward in the W-L columns this fall I think his recruitment gets more interesting. Expected that he'll announce for ND today but July sure ain't December, a lot can happen between now and then.

There is a lot to this recruitment I don’t think you guys know about. After the announcement hopefully you guys get the real story. But honestly, what I’ve been told is being posted by the one of the mods on here, I don’t think you guys are getting the best info unfortunately. It’s not your guys’ fault because the person who is giving out the info isn’t being honest. He even has been called out by other sites because of it after he took shots at other mods.

and then what happened

Man in the arena.
Can’t win if you aren’t there.
I would rather lose 2000 to 0 in the Title game then to sit & watch it on the couch.
So you aren’t telling me right now you wouldn’t take a 12-0 regular season & a loss in the title game this season? You would in a heartbeat.

Feels like 2008 again. #1 recruit in the state is a 5 star talent, comes to NU. #2 recruit in the state goes to ND. At least Frost isn’t moving Betts to Corner or something and his true talent will be on display on Saturday

Man in the arena.
I would rather lose 2000 to 0 in the Title game then to sit & watch it on the couch.
So you aren’t telling me right now you wouldn’t take a 12-0 regular season & a loss in the title game this season? You would in a heartbeat.

you can't win when you are there

ND getting blown out in games that matter is probably your richest tradition

Man in the arena.
So, why exactly is he choosing irish over us?
You speak inside info, or highly regarded speculation?
And yes, getting theres important, but losing big there really doesnt show seperation from a few other teams that didnt make it, plus the other losing teams that did.
I'd prefer a close game.

Reactions: Crazyhole
you can't win when you are there

ND getting blown out in games that matter is probably your richest tradition

ND has played 12 teams (out of 26 games) against teams who finished ranked the las two seasons. That’s the most in the country. They are 8-4 in those games. ND wins a lot of big games.
And I remember NU getting blown out back to back by Colorado & Miami the last time NU mattered, & that was 18 years ago. LOL

Man in the arena.

I'd rather have a HC that didn't kill people.

Man in the arena.

Some fans don’t remember Nebraska in the 80s and early 90s when we lost every possible title game we played in. We would say things like the only game we lost was to the champ or something similar. When Miami kicked our ass in 2001, when we had no business in the game is another similar situation. You being a domer on a Husker site is why they don’t agree with you.

ND has played 12 teams (out of 26 games) against teams who finished ranked the las two seasons. That’s the most in the country. They are 8-4 in those games. ND wins a lot of big games.
And I remember NU getting blown out back to back by Colorado & Miami the last time NU mattered, & that was 18 years ago. LOL

lol yea wins over ranked stanford and usc are big games

silver medals & moral victories, that's what ND does

So, why exactly is he choosing irish over us?
You speak inside info, or highly regarded speculation?
And yes, getting theres important, but losing big there really doesnt show seperation from a few other teams that didnt make it, plus the other losing teams that did.
I'd prefer a close game.

After Watts announces I will post it. It’s not “inside info,” it’s just info that’s been reported that for some reason your guy isn’t posting here?
And yeah, losing badly to Clemson sucked, but look at what Clemson to Bama also?
Look at some of the scores from CFP games.
Urban Meyer & OSU lost 31-0.
There was a 38-0 & about 5-6 other CFP/BCS games that were blowouts too.

lol yea wins over ranked stanford and usc are big games

silver medals & moral victories, that's what ND does

Actually, quite the opposite.
Only thing ND can play for is titles.
No consultation prizes like conference titles.

@NDAFArly trying to explain why ND is actually good:
2k0zrl.gif

After Watts announces I will post it. It’s not “inside info,” it’s just info that’s been reported that for some reason your guy isn’t posting here?
And yeah, losing badly to Clemson sucked, but look at what Clemson to Bama also?
Look at some of the scores from CFP games.
Urban Meyer & OSU lost 31-0.
There was a 38-0 & about 5-6 other CFP/BCS games that were blowouts too.
I get that, but proving my point, to say you played the champs closer, as in winnable, is seperating you from the pack, a very good pack, but here, Nebraska was in that pack more times than not earlier on, Im old enough to have lived those times, and we learned, like a previous poster said, we knew when we deserved to be there, and when we were the best shot of a group against a true champ.
Admirable, but, when you're the man, you know, and theres a huge difference between the two.

Some fans don’t remember Nebraska in the 80s and early 90s when we lost every possible title game we played in. We would say things like the only game we lost was to the champ or something similar. When Miami kicked our ass in 2001, when we had no business in the game is another similar situation. You being a domer on a Husker site is why they don’t agree with you.
Ugh. Thanks for bringing up a bad memory. In a span of 13 years we lost to a team that won a national title 9 times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT