ADVERTISEMENT

Watts announcing today.

Dude the ND fella can go away anytime. You got your guy at no surprise to us. Are you obsessed that much that you just camp on this board. Congrats you got him. Now go cheer on the Domer's and relish in the national media and unheralded optimism they spew every preseason only for the Domer's to flame out in season like they do every single year.

Wrong. The student section was all green. Remember, one of your illustrious students spit on Eric Crouch after he scored the winning touchdown. It was the entire rest of your fan base that sold out for the money.

Yeah, I freshman student who really doesn’t even care ND is playing Nebraska is offered $500 for their free ticket and isn’t going to take it? LOL
That’s no offense to NU, but a lot of huge games come to that stadium, so making a lot of money to miss one game is a no-brainer for a lot of students. This might be a shock, but a lot of ND students don’t care about the football team, and many resent them.

Congrats on earning his commitment.

But your stadium doesn’t have that many student tickets...just ask the Georgia fans.

20170909183329.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Georgia fans also agree...

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, they still talk about how incredible it was to visit ND.
ND gives the visitors 10,000 tickets & no team has ever returned tickets.
People want to visit ND.
Not sure why you think it’s a slam on ND?

Wrong. The student section was all green. Remember, one of your illustrious students spit on Eric Crouch after he scored the winning touchdown. It was the entire rest of your fan base that sold out for the money.

A lot of students sold tickets, so much so ND changed the student ticket rules afterwards.

Yeah, they still talk about how incredible it was to visit ND.
ND gives the visitors 10,000 tickets & no team has ever returned tickets.
People want to visit ND.
Not sure why you think it’s a slam on ND?

I am just stating that I have a better chance of getting a ticket to see Nebraska play Notre Dame in South Bend than getting a ticket for the same game in Lincoln.

Congrats on the commit. Winking

Bitter?
Cool.
The negativity in here has all been by one side.
Well, generally it's considered poor form to go on somebody else's board and gloat. That is, for people who aren't first-class arrogant a-holes. I'd say the exact same thing to a Husker fan who was going on somebody else's board who we won a recruiting battle with. You won this one. Congratulations. Now you can go away and we don't have to hear or care about Notre Dame again for awhile.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Came here to see if there were any inside tidbits about Watts recruitment not on the ND board. Will add that I’ve been to dozens and dozens of games at ND and Northwestern and by far the two best fan bases I’ve come in contact with were Nebraska and Georgia. Awesome, respectful fans! Great to tailgate with.

The worst...
1. Michigan
2. Miami
3. OSU

Now, back to the ND board

Came here to see if there were any inside tidbits about Watts recruitment not on the ND board. Will add that I’ve been to dozens and dozens of games at ND and Northwestern and by far the two best fan bases I’ve come in contact with were Nebraska and Georgia. Awesome, respectful fans! Great to tailgate with.

The worst...
1. Michigan
2. Miami
3. OSU

Now, back to the ND board
One of your fans supposedly has some inside information that he said he would share on here after Watts has made his announcement. We'll see about that.

If he commits/signs with ND...

Nebraska fans can overtake their stadium again in South Bend in order to watch him play during his time at cheer cheer for old Notre Dame? I think Nebraska fans are ready for another field trip to take on the Golden Domers...I’m in. Winking

92028104_ac33faa519.jpg
I was at that game, it was fantastic. I also will say those were the classiest fans I've ever met on a road trip.
I have no problem wishing Watts well if he goes to Notre Dame.

This is not over. Lots of time between now and December. Few people I'd rather have than Frost and Walters continuing to pursue this guy.

Whether or not Watts sticks with ND, I wish him success. He had some sound reasoning in picking them. Hard to pass up a degree from ND.

ND has zero titles?
Interesting take.
I don't mind Brian Kelly or ND, but how long is it going to take your vaunted Irish to win a NC? It's been 30 years, will it be another 10, 15, 20, or more?

Since all ND can do is win titles, as you say, so be it. I'm guessing you're going to be waiting a long time before you see another NC in South Bend, as will a lot of fans of other teams, including Nebraska. As long as teams from the South and a few others like Ohio State keep the talent and coaches they have around, the championship teams will continue to be the ones we've been seeing for the past few decades. Good luck, leprechaun lover.

Good grief. It's been over because the kid has always loved ND not because Frost was out-worked. Best of luck to him.

Notre Dame fought hard to add his commitment, beating out in-state Nebraska and Michigan for his pledge.

That hard work by the staff paid off in the end.

“Just how bad they wanted me, and it showed,” Watts said of what stood out about Notre Dame’s recruiting pitch.

“I just felt the time was right and they were really recruiting me hard and wanted me bad, so I knew it was time,” Watts explained.

Notre Dame fought hard to add his commitment, beating out in-state Nebraska and Michigan for his pledge.

That hard work by the staff paid off in the end.

“Just how bad they wanted me, and it showed,” Watts said of what stood out about Notre Dame’s recruiting pitch.

“I just felt the time was right and they were really recruiting me hard and wanted me bad, so I knew it was time,” Watts explained.
I don't think Kelly had to twist Xavier's arm too hard! Lol. Good for them though. I'm totally fine with Scott's approach to recruiting. We'll be just fine. At least we can put all this Xavier Watts craziness to bed now!

Reactions: run4fun11
they have 1 in the modern era. same amount as Colorado.

all you do is post on here about your regular season record/schedule (moral victories) & how you're just happy to be in the playoff/bcs (silver medals)

congrats? what a powerhouse? how oh so very relevant?
What the hell do you consider the “modern era”?

ND has 11 consensus NCs

If ND counted titles like some places (named #1 by any obscure poll) they’d have 21.

You not only don’t have a clue. You can’t see the clue from where you’re standing.

I realize you’re upset because “irrelevant’ ND waltzed into your state and took one of your top guys, but try to maintain logic and reason.

What the hell do you consider the “modern era”?

ND has 11 consensus NCs

If ND counted titles like some places (named #1 by any obscure poll) they’d have 21.

You not only don’t have a clue. You can’t see the clue from where you’re standing.

I realize you’re upset because “irrelevant’ ND waltzed into your state and took one of your top guys, but try to maintain logic and reason.
Oh look, another jackass nd fan stops by to talk about national titles. I guess nd isn't in the modern era since it's been 30 years since the last of the 11 titles won. Do us a favor, 30 IQ boy, go haunt your irish sites and stay the pho-ck out of here.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
ADVERTISEMENT