ADVERTISEMENT

Watts announcing today.

Agree, this one is over and sounds like it has been over for awhile. Glad he is announcing sooner than later. Not sure why some kids drag things on so long, when their minds are clearly made up.

So help me here, if it is in "his mind" how do you know it is made up? I guess you must be a mind reader. How many decisions do 18 year old kids make where they are no brainers, never going to change?

I am actually happy for the kid. How many people get the opportunity for a ND education?

Last edited:
@NDAFArly trying to explain why ND is actually good:
2k0zrl.gif

Somebody is butthurt I see?

ND has zero titles?
Interesting take.

they have 1 in the modern era. same amount as Colorado.

all you do is post on here about your regular season record/schedule (moral victories) & how you're just happy to be in the playoff/bcs (silver medals)

congrats? what a powerhouse? how oh so very relevant?

The mod on here who has not been professional during this recruitment just now changed his pick. Maybe he will tell everybody the real story now.

they have 1 in the modern era. same amount as Colorado.

all you do is post on here about your regular season record/schedule (moral victories) & how you're just happy to be in the playoff/bcs (silver medals)

congrats? what a powerhouse? how oh so very relevant?

Wait, what’s the “modern era?”
Is that something you just decided?
What time frame does that cover?

And the fact that you hate ND & talk about them so much shows you how relevant they are. I don’t see anyone talking about Rutgers on this site.
Oh, & as a former airman, top gun was stupid.

Wait, what’s the “modern era?”
Is that something you just decided?
What time frame does that cover?

And the fact that you hate ND & talk about them so much shows you how relevant they are. I don’t see anyone talking about Rutgers on this site.
Oh, & as a former airman, top gun was stupid.

*brings ND talk to an NU board*

*gets responses*

SEE HOW OBSESSED YOU ARE WITH ND?!

In My opinion modern era is when they started playing two platoon football in 1964...

I'd have said 1976-1980 when stakes were significantly raised & college football started to look like what it's become today nationally

I will say the modern era of college football started in 1946. After WWII, the best players weren't going into the military and were going on to play college football.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I will say the modern era of college football started in 1946. After WWII, the best players weren't going into the military and were going on to play college football.

Jeez Louise they hadn’t even worn facemarks yet back in 1946..o_O

How do ya call that modern.Laughing

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Because that is what most experts define as the beginning of the modern era. Hell, baseball modern era begins in 1900. They didn’t wear helmets then either.

So now we’re changing the narrative to baseball..:rolleyes:

So much for derailing this thread..

The last legit ND championship was back in 1949. They backed into the rest of their "championships" ever since. They are usually not even close to being the best team the years they won.

There players have faked more girlfriends than they have had legit claims to a title.

I still strenuously object to Kelly sending a college kid to his death.
Kelly would never have sent one of his own kids up in that lift in those high winds, but he was fine with sending someone else's kid. The fact that the poor kid was willing to get up in that hydraulic lift despite the risks shows that he was trusting the judgment of the adults in charge. And for Brian Kelly to choose risking the life of a 20 year old over going ONE PRACTICE without film from that elevated position shows the kind of person he is. Kelly could have practiced inside or done without the film, but he would have none of it.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Come on guys, let’s stop the dam Norte Dame talk. Let the Norte Dame fan that’s on our Husker board talk about ND. They have appeared in the playoffs ONCE and got completely biotch slapped right back out of it. This is about Watts, most of us Husker fans know he’s not coming here. And it is far from over but im not going to get my hopes high on flipping him.

It's doubtful we land Manning or Ajou either.

Disagree there. With Omar Manning, we have a real shot. He absolutely LOVED his visit here. Before he visited, sure. But now that he’s meet Frost and the staff face to face and seen our facilities and all that...we absolutely have a shot with him now. Ajou...I’m not sure about.

If he commits/signs with ND...

Nebraska fans can overtake their stadium again in South Bend in order to watch him play during his time at cheer cheer for old Notre Dame? I think Nebraska fans are ready for another field trip to take on the Golden Domers...I’m in. Winking

92028104_ac33faa519.jpg

Last edited:
Or how much people view ND as a Mecca of college football.
Many fan bases make treks to see ND.
It’s a sign of respect & flattery.

And a money making opportunity for the ND faculty, students, and fans to sell their tickets...maybe the ND fanbase doesn’t have the same respect for their program as some want us to think? Winking

According to him, in an interview he did with ND reporters, he fell in love with ND back in September on a visit to the ND/Stanford game. He said ND was the clear leader & that never changed. He originally was going to take all his OVs & decide in the fall. But he knew where he wanted to go so decided to take visits & push up hus decision to the summer. He wanted to commit on his OV to ND, but his parents told him to wait.
The ND Rivals mods (one of which who has been very close to the recruitment and talks to someone in the camp) have been reporting this for months & said not to listen to any of the noise being put out that he was trending towards NU, that was false reporting. The NU mod then stated (falsely) that the ND mod was a homer for saying Watts was going to ND, despite the ND mod being told so by his camp.
Evidently there is a lot more to it & some nasty stuff went on too the mods hinted at. I’m really curious to read what they say about that.
Because the ND mod has been constantly reporting that everytime he talked to Watts’ people they always told him Watts was going to ND, Joe M & myself have tried to make it clear on here this one was over a long time ago, it just wasn’t public. I have no idea why the NU mod was pushing false hope & going after the ND mods? It is bizarre?

And a money making opportunity for the ND faculty, students, and fans to sell their tickets...maybe the ND fanbase doesn’t have the same respect for their program as some want us to think? Winking

Yeah, I freshman student who really doesn’t even care ND is playing Nebraska is offered $500 for their free ticket and isn’t going to take it? LOL
That’s no offense to NU, but a lot of huge games come to that stadium, so making a lot of money to miss one game is a no-brainer for a lot of students. This might be a shock, but a lot of ND students don’t care about the football team, and many resent them.

Not a shock, still sucks. Long way till signing day tho. Kelly better stay on Watts hard cuz Frost sure ain’t backing down.

This one's been over for a while. It didn't help that Frost waited so long to start recruiting him. He had already visited Notre Dame before we even offered. Notre Dame out-worked us for this one.

ADVERTISEMENT