ADVERTISEMENT

Washington AD Troy Dannen is new AD

Yes. Heading over to the west side on Friday and plan on taking the ferry into Seattle. Love that place!!
Might even head over to UDub to see the cherry blossoms.

Julie, used to go over all the time. Not so much anymore. Too much of everything over there with too many people easily leading the way. Seattle used to be so laid back. It is anything but laid back now. (and I got old). Back in the seventies and eighties when I was a young supervisor after working a 2nd shift, I would park under the viaduct along the waterfront and walk to the Central Tavern, Doc Maynard's or J&M Cafe in Pioneer Square to catch up with my friends. I think you would be killed if you did that now late at night. Well, the viaduct has been torn down and sadly, I think both J&M and Doc Maynard's are gone, too.

Reactions: dinglefritz
2020082614088_5f4650d2c2bf74d8ccd5f733jpeg.webp

curated university media always looks pretty. above picture is detroit.

seattle is a shithole rife with homeless drug addicts

SeattleHomeless3-900x506.jpg
Looks like San Francisco and Oakland and Austin and Chicago in the summer and Portland……

Reactions: Streamer15
Probably needed to know him from his HS coaching days.

@PeliniTheCrutch He may agree or disagree, not sure, but DB is annoying.
As a coach:
Sometimes people aim to present themselves as something different than what they are.

As a radio guy:
Damn good though he sometimes talks out of both sides of his mouth

As a father of sons:
Man, great job Damon.

Reactions: BTF69
As a coach:
Sometimes people aim to present themselves as something different than what they are.

As a radio guy:
Damn good though he sometimes talks out of both sides of his mouth

As a father of sons:
Man, great job Damon.
And as a "teacher" well...haha

i grew up with huskers. dentist, uncle, guys i played with at heelan, some even played at N, then there was the business career dealing with nebraskans, tietjen, mary, all of them. there's not a better lot of people, generally.
Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Seems like a solid hire. Don’t like the quick stop at UW, but his regional ties helps me to rationalize that. Do like that we took a P2 AD. I like that the opening didn’t linger. I especially like that we have Trev’s replacement in place before we play on Friday.

Seems like a solid hire. Don’t like the quick stop at UW, but his regional ties helps me to rationalize that. Do like that we took a P2 AD. I like that the opening didn’t linger. I especially like that we have Trev’s replacement in place before we play on Friday.
A smart interim college president always has a few names in his desk drawer when his current A.D. is about to flake. That’s how the game is played.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
In the Brock Huard video above, he said that they couldn't find a place to live. I don't know why that would be the case. He was making over $1 million per year.
The housing prices in Seattle are horrendous.

"In February 2024, the median listing home price in Seattle, WA was $799K, flat year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $599. The median home sold price was $850K."

For those who don't know, Brock was a former QB at UDub. I try to catch his show (Brock and Salt) when I drive over to the west side.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have a feeling that Trev will eventually regret leaving Lincoln like he did. But that was his choice and nobody else.
Exactly! As others have mentioned I think he’s banking on having success at A&M to parlay it into an even bigger opportunity. However, the difference is at A&M nobody gives a damn you played for Tom Osborne. If their football program doesn’t reach the sky high expectations it’s boosters want he’ll be gone in three years just like their coaches.

FWIW, I have a feeling that Trev will eventually regret leaving Lincoln like he did. But that was his choice and nobody else.
Agree. But it is possible being in the SEC and B1G will open the door for him to be one of the commissioners or some other lofty position and we will both be wrong.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Huge thank you. You are a true inspiration to the fan base and the board. Obviously your humble nature comes from your wonderful years of high school where you did stuff.
i appreciate that. kind of you to recognize contributions by outsiders to this board. good thing i'm not a rival iowa fan, i guess, or that would never happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT