ADVERTISEMENT

Washington AD Troy Dannen is new AD

UNI to Tulane to Washington. Seems like he had good football programs at all his stops and is heavily involved nationally as the Chair of the NCAA Football Competition Committee and as an Executive Committee member of the Football Oversight Committee.

Family in Iowa.

"Dannen is from traditional Big Ten country, and ESPN reported he and his wife wanted to return to their roots. A graduate of Northern Iowa, he was the athletic director at his alma mater for seven years before going to Tulane."

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Insane. I assume this guy must have concurred on the Hoiberg extension.

Might be the quickest hire I've ever seen for NU. Now I'm kind of, a tiny bit, wondering if Trev was possibly forced out.

Why would he leave Washington after only 5 months there? Seems suspicious.
> satisfy fans after probably the greatest season UW will have this century
> be part of waking a sleeping giant + make more money

it's pretty simple, really

"Despite being at Washington for less than 6 months, Dannen was allowed to make a number of incredibly consequential decisions. He first was unable to get Kalen DeBoer to sign an extension which preceded his departure for Alabama. Then he made the replacement football hire bringing Jedd Fisch up from Arizona. Dannen then fired men’s basketball head coach Mike Hopkins (a move that to be fair, any AD would have made). And Dannen was yesterday at a donor event in Palm Springs where he strongly alluded to a hire being all but done there."

Insane. I assume this guy must have concurred on the Hoiberg extension.

Might be the quickest hire I've ever seen for NU. Now I'm kind of, a tiny bit, wondering if Trev was possibly forced out.
Trev was not forced out. We gave him a huge contract a few months ago and tried to keep him when he announced he was leaving.

Reactions: HuskerO
Trev was not forced out. We gave him a huge contract a few months ago and tried to keep him when he announced he was leaving.
I'm sure you're right but universities do dumb things with money all the time. Pretty crazy for the stars to align this quickly and execute an AD hire in less than a week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT